Menu

8 weeks post op - update

ktgrok

I'm down 31.5 lbs from my high weight, 10 weeks ago. That's more than my nearly 3 year old son weighs! I'm getting in my protein, but still struggling to get enough fluids in. My doctor said not to worry, just give it time. (That issue is probably more due to the hernia repair than the gastric sleeve surgery). I have no heartburn at all, although I'm still taking my nexium for one more month before I try to wean off of it. My sinuses are SO much more clear, which I'm guessing is because I don't have acid reflux washing up into my sinuses when I sleep. I still have "head hunger" issues if I eat a lot of carbs, so I try to stay low carb. That's been a bit harder as I am stressed over a book deadline, but at least if I eat the wrong thing now it's a small amount of it, comparatively :) Most of the time I stick pretty well to what I'm supposed to eat though. My taste for fatty foods is pretty much gone. Sweets still taste good but I don't want large amounts of them, and my chewable vitamin satisfies my sweet craving most of the time. Well, that and my iced coffee with a bit of splenda  :)

I have photos in my blog, for anyone wanting to see :) (link is in the signature). 

• Like 27

I'm so happy to read your update and see the new photos on your blog -- you have always been so pretty, but you look even better now!

:party:

Aww, thanks! I'm thinking in January or around there I'll get some new headshots made. 

• Like 1