Menu

Warning: Kittens expiring everywhere!

medawyn

The shocking this is that nobody was able to correct this before the sign was printed. When I was a kid I used to rely on public signage to learn spelling of certain words...after all, if it's written in public it had to be correct...

I saw this sign on my walk through the park this morning: "All dog's on leashe's at all time's and under controll!"

When in doubt, add an apostrophe to everything and double some letters, too.

:svengo:

Well, I'm going to give points for not using 'es on leashe's. or maybe I'll take points away.

There is a defunct business here called Fox'es. Sign is still funct, though.

:lol:

• Like 4

Well, I'm going to give points for not using 'es on leashe's. or maybe I'll take points away.

There is a defunct business here called Fox'es. Sign is still funct, though.

:lol:

Points for correctly using "funct" in a sentence. :hat:

• Like 5

Sometimes my colleagues and I wonder if our students have a box of sprinkles titled apostrophes and when they don't believe their work is good enough they get out the apostrophe sprinkles and sprinkle them all over their writing. Kind of like you hide imperfections on a cake with more icing  :lol:

ETA to fix a spelling error because it makes me cringe to make fun of others grammar when I can't spell

• Like 10

I am reviewing some legal documents for a major governmental agency in my fair state, and some professional writer who went before me has used its' repeatedly throughout each document.  Not its or it's, but its'.  I am sure that's taken down both kittens and puppies.

• Like 8

I must admit, grammar and writing is a struggle for this homeschool mom. Now I am REALLY going to be nervous when posting in the future. gah!!

Yes, all true, but at least you all don't really KNOW me.... I will survive the shame:)

• Like 1

I must admit, grammar and writing is a struggle for this homeschool mom. Now I am REALLY going to be nervous when posting in the future. gah!!

Happily, now you know not to use an apostrophe to pluralize most words. See what an easy lesson that was? :hat: