Menu

Asking for prayers/positive thoughts in a stessfull time

Beaniemom

Please don't quote as I may delete.....Today we got some potentially financially devestating news. It involves a house we own that is currently being rented while we are living temporarily on the other side of the country. We may have to completly replace the central air and know we must at least replace the outside compressor. Added to this is a leak that the handyman could not locate the source of but we feel we know what happened as a similar leak happened 5 years ago. It is hard not being able to physically go an inspect the issue ourselves. We have a property manager that we trust for the most part but this has become beyond stressful. We can't contact our insurance company until Monday and even then we need more information to pass to them. On top of all this I go Tuesday to get the results of ds neuropsych exam. DH was supposed to go with but a change at work means I am flying solo. DH floated the idea of not homeschooling this next year and me finding a job but here school starts in a week and a half and I'm not sure what job I could find and arrange care for 3 kids in that short of time especially one with special needs when we are supposed to be moving in December.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, that sounds really tough. 

I would call the local school just to see what's what. Most districts are accustomed to a certain number of last minute registrations; at the least, they can give you information. 

Be sure to ask about the availability and cost of before and after care, because there aren't many jobs available, even part-time, that mesh perfectly with the school schedule. 

You might also call Catholic Charities and ask if there might be any programs that could help you if things turn out badly. You don't have to be Catholic to use their programs. If they aren't able to help directly, they can often point you to someone who can.