• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

For funsies, I woke up at 5 am for the day. :laugh:  :confused1:

It's actually not quite as fun as it sounds. :huh:

Bad MIL story, part 2:  MIL texted dh yesterday to say that she will come by sometime this morning to pick up an old bbq grill we have.  She did not say what time.  Dh, in an attempt to avoid his mother because she has been bothering him about the kids not thanking his sister for the Christmas gifts and praying for the state of his soul as a result, decided to opt out of being here when his mother shows up.  She may or may not actually show up.  It's always 50/50 with her.  So I asked him if his expectation was that his mother and I would load the heavy bbq grill into the truck.  He said he would make the boys help.  I said that the boys have online Spanish class for an hour and a half this morning.  I think he is pondering that and deciding his fate.  I just know that this is not my mother, and I am not hauling a bbq grill into a truck with only an elderly lady to help.  That's all I know. :hat:

This evening is unknown because there is a mix up with the boys' bball game time which will likely not be figured out until too late for me to arrange alternate transportation and care for little dd's bball practice from a friend with a child on the team.  So evidently I will not be going.

:banghead:

• Like 2

Junie, I've spoken with my 42 year old male friend with no health problems and nearly daily migraines. They were able to rule out all the icky stuff so his doctor told him to stop consuming caffeine and sugar which made his migraines go away. He's not completely sugar free with a special diet or anything, but no candy or cookies or anything like that.

• Like 1

Good Morning, Ladies!

Wow, Tex, somehow I sense you might be having a severe attack of some sort coming on this morning that will have you laid up most of the time with a book and a cup of coffee and unable to do any heavy lifting. ;)

Prairie, I hate those kind of days. Good luck to you!

Slashie, Genesis 12 -Egypt with Abe. Hmmm!

This morning... I just wanted to keep sleeping. Here's to survival! (Raises cup of coffee)

• Like 7

Good Morning, Ladies!

Wow, Tex, somehow I sense you might be having a severe attack of some sort coming on this morning that will have you laid up most of the time with a book and a cup of coffee and unable to do any heavy lifting. ;)

Prairie, I hate those kind of days. Good luck to you!

Slashie, Genesis 12 -Egypt with Abe. Hmmm!

This morning... I just wanted to keep sleeping. Here's to survival! (Raises cup of coffee)

Okay, what do y'all think of this plan?  

I will put brekkie on the table for the kids and then quick, slap some root dye on my hair.  Surely no one would expect me to single-handedly move a bbg grill with a head full of root dye.  The boys' class starts at 10 so we just have to make it an hour and a half until we are unavailable.  

• Like 6

Junie, I've spoken with my 42 year old male friend with no health problems and nearly daily migraines. They were able to rule out all the icky stuff so his doctor told him to stop consuming caffeine and sugar which made his migraines go away. He's not completely sugar free with a special diet or anything, but no candy or cookies or anything like that.

Thank you for asking him.  I have my neuro appointment next week.  Hopefully he'll have some solutions for me.  Giving up caffeine and sugar would be hard, but it's better than the birth control option I was given.

• Like 4

A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day here that would be just as bad in Australia.  I've figured out that it is most likely medication related.  I need to contact the doctor. But maybe it's not the medicine.  The timing doesn't seem to be right.  Bah. 

:grouphug:

• Like 3

School is done.

I have a bunch of running this afternoon: pick up dd16, go to library, fax some papers for the lady I help, go to grocery store for us and tlih, get medicine for tlih at drug store, put away groceries and sort her medication for the week, come home and put our groceries away and get papers ready for tax appointment tomorrow.

Not to mention laundry and feeding children.

If it wasn't for other people, I could have a nice solitary life. But then I would complain about being lonely and unloved. So I shall carry on.

• Like 4

Tex, you are lovely.  And I knew it was you because you haven't changed that much.  Only wiser now.   

I will watch the smokey eye pallet after supper.

I was thinking of one more survival song, when ds opined that it was more encouraging than surviving.  I concur.  Here it is: 

14yo ds got his braces on today.  Took 1.5 hours.  I barely got essential school work done with younger three before we left for the appt.  Fun times. 

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 4

The thesis is ultimately shaky because the writer isn't committed to it.

Her character was responsible because her pride would not admit the truth of its loss.

Ordinarily, pride (that which drives the character to make amends) would be seen as a good thing. Does pride make her reluctant to admit fault? In which case shame is more responsible than pride. 

The character was ultimately responsible for her fate because shame kept her from admitting the loss of the necklace.

Better? Substitute false pride if you like.

ETA: That would be my take on it. 

ETA again: Tex won the hair lottery.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

Thoughts on the thesis....

What does he mean by "Her character was responsible"  ?  responsible for what?  I think "her character" is either awkward, vague or both.  Why not just say "Her pride was responsible for unnecessary years of hard labor because it prevented her from admitting the loss of the necklace."

Now, understand, I am SOOOOOO NOT a literature person.  But is there even enough to prove there?

• Like 3

I love baked potatoes.

I love the song brave too.

I am home from doing stuff. It is all done except the library which is no big deal. Dd16 was needing to get a book. She will get it later this week.

I seem to have very little patience. I am still struggling with some circumstances and emotional things. I am trying to avoid thinking.

• Like 4

So at the end of my long day of standing around watching an auditor audit, I was lamenting my sore back and feeling exhausted when a co-worker mentioned a guy got hit and killed on the highway near our place of employment. Road was totally shut down for four exits due to accident reconstruction during rush hour. My wittle woes were way not important after hearing all that.

So...

I had a great day everyone, and hugs to all those who didn't.

• Like 7