Menu

Ignore this thread!

My mother in law is apparently concerned about my ability to teach the kids and is sending me a textbook. I know I've complained about our issues in the past, but she really doesn't understand homeschooling and I don't blame her for being nervous. I think it's a little funny that she's sending me a textbook.

• Like 2

So excited that I had to quote you twice. I liked him when he was the Colts QB just because he was the Colts QB. Then he was injured and had surgery, and the Colts got rid of him before he had a chance to prove himself*. That upset me. So now I am a Bronco fan, but mostly a Peyton Manning fan.

*That may not be what exactly happened. I don't follow it that closely. But that's the way I see it.;)

I consider Manning to be an honorary Tennessean. 'Cause UT. I think he's doing a pretty good job. :)

• Like 2

My mother in law is apparently concerned about my ability to teach the kids and is sending me a textbook. I know I've complained about our issues in the past, but she really doesn't understand homeschooling and I don't blame her for being nervous. I think it's a little funny that she's sending me a textbook.

I discovered that my mil had been drilling my dc with flash cards when they went to visit her (we lived in the same town). I found this out when I was recovering from pneumonia, and I had to tell her, from my sick bed, that I would appreciate it if she would not do that, because the dc were doing just fine TYVM. :001_rolleyes:

• Like 6

Maybe it's Dick and Jane.

She's sending those too, or recommending them, I don't remember.

I discovered that my mil had been drilling my dc with flash cards when they went to visit her (we lived in the same town). I found this out when I was recovering from pneumonia, and I had to tell her, from my sick bed, that I would appreciate it if she would not do that, because the dc were doing just fine TYVM. :001_rolleyes:

We intentionally live very far from her. ;)

• Like 5

Morning!

Orthodontist today - I have to bring the entire crew. Some roads are still iffy, so I am not sure if my students will be coming this afternoon. Book club may or may not be meeting - haven't heard yet.

The X-Files episode last night was awful. All the actors looked like they'd had too much facial botox and couldn't move anything but their mouths and eyeballs, even when they were having 8-minute yelling conversations with their heads 5 inches from each other.

I have heard that the next episodes are much, much better.

I did enjoy this, however: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OTRmyXX6ipU

• Like 2

I did not watch the end of the game.  I read and went to bed.

I did not watch any part of the game because I just.don't.care. And I was waiting for X-Files to start, and apparently every.single.person who ever breathed the same air as the Panthers had to be interviewed and asked what he thought about winning, so it went over into X-files time. Ugh.

FTR, Mr. Ellie doesn't care, either. :hat:

• Like 4

I watched Downton Abbey last night followed by Mercy Street. I did not enjoy Mercy Street at all (I still can't believe I'm saying this about a PBS period show) and actually turned it off and walked away 20 minutes in.

We caught about two minutes of Mercy Street. That was enough to not impress us.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about getting a cane. I about fell on the floor this am.  If I am going to do this, I want to do it with style.  

:grouphug:

I have a plain black cane that I haven't used in a while.  If I were to buy another one, I would get something splashy.

Here's a cane similar to my black cane that has quite a few pattern options.

• Like 1