Menu

Ignore this thread!

An ITT what do you think? Dd babysat yesterday. She had called me to come pick her up. I was obviously outside waiting in my car. The dad came home and proceeded to take a shower because he didn't want to deal with a fussy baby while he had to shower. Just wonder what you all think. (Not a big thing.)

Was he covered in animal guts or soot from chimney sweeping? 'Cause otherwise a shower can wait. Maybe he is just clueless.

• Like 3

An ITT what do you think?  Dd babysat yesterday.  She had called me to come pick her up.  I was obviously outside waiting in my car.  The dad came home and proceeded to take a shower because he didn't want to deal with a fussy baby while he had to shower.  Just wonder what you all think.  (Not a big thing.)

He took a shower while a teenage girl was in the house and his wife was not there?  Weird.

I'd have been uncomfortable with that.  Even covered in animal guts.   Mothers take showers all the time with crying babies. 

I may not have thrown a fit or anything, but I'd not be comfortable with it.  

• Like 5

An ITT what do you think? Dd babysat yesterday. She had called me to come pick her up. I was obviously outside waiting in my car. The dad came home and proceeded to take a shower because he didn't want to deal with a fussy baby while he had to shower. Just wonder what you all think. (Not a big thing.)

Coward! Besides, a fussy baby, who's not wet or hungry, can hang out in the crib a few minutes and fuss while dad takes a shower.
  • Like 4

Yeah, I was uncomfortable.  They are a young couple and I think that is a factor.  Dd is addition to their normal nanny so they don't do a huge amount of childcare (no judgement - just a statement).  I was also a bit ticked because I had to wait 20 minutes.  Dd had no problem with it but then she was paid for the time that included showering. 

PS - as far as I know, no animal guts or soot was involved. 

I don't know if it is the kind of thing that should be addressed or just ignored.  (He's never been inappropriate with dd)

• Like 3

Dh would not have taken a shower with a teen babysitter in the house.  Neither of us would have inconvenienced a waiting mother in car in driveway.  I don't think his motives were sinister but that he has not figured out what to do with his baby and would rather be weird and inconvenience people than figure that out.  FWIW, dh was not good with our kids as babies or even as toddlers.  I mostly dealt.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 8

My grandmother's name was Eleanore, and my niece is named after her.  She goes by Ellie.

It's not often you see Eleanore with an e at the end. :) 

My sister refuses to call her Ellie, probably because her MIL insisted she name the baby Eleanore Mae, so she (MIL) could call her Ellie Mae. My sister can't stand her MIL, so that was a negative. 

My mom tried to convince her to nickname her Nellie. All I can think of is Nellie Olson.  :huh: 

So, sis opted for Elle. 

• Like 3

I read that as Krispy Kreme's and I'm craving a donut now. I'm not even a fan of Krispy Kremes, but I NEED one now. 

When I was a sophomore in college, my roommates and I went to Krispy Kreme almost every Saturday night to get a dozen chocolate-iced custard-filled doughnuts.  (Yes, we got the same kind every week.)  Sometimes, there weren't any left for Sunday breakfast.  And there were only 3 of us.   :leaving:

• Like 4

I don't know if it is the kind of thing that should be addressed or just ignored.  (He's never been inappropriate with dd)

Maybe a conversation with your dd is in order.  Find out how she felt about it, and give her ways to voice her opposition if it happens again.  Make sure she knows she can always put the "blame" on you if need be.  That sort of thing.  Sometimes it is not about what happens, but about how it looks, KWIM?

• Like 8

It's not often you see Eleanore with an e at the end. :) 

My sister refuses to call her Ellie, probably because her MIL insisted she name the baby Eleanore Mae, so she (MIL) could call her Ellie Mae. My sister can't stand her MIL, so that was a negative. 

My mom tried to convince her to nickname her Nellie. All I can think of is Nellie Olson.  :huh: 

So, sis opted for Elle. 

Now that you mention it, I have NO IDEA whether they spell it with an e or not.  Hmmmmm. I should know this, shouldn't I?

It looks better with an e.

• Like 2

When I was a sophomore in college, my roommates and I went to Krispy Kreme almost every Saturday night to get a dozen chocolate-iced custard-filled doughnuts.  (Yes, we got the same kind every week.)  Sometimes, there weren't any left for Sunday breakfast.  And there were only 3 of us.   :leaving:

Boston Kreme

To call it a "chocolate-iced custard-filled doughnut" is just so...so...wrong.

#thatswhydunkindonutsisbetter

• Like 4

Road trip to Krissi's!!

Notice how I just invited myself over? :D

You are all invited to KrissiK's California Experience. We can hit the missions (2 days walking distance apart, every one of them), Gold Country, San Francisco, the Central Coast (elephant seals are mating now, ya know), Disneyland, the Getty Museum. We may even make it Yosemite before they change the names of everything.
  • Like 7

Boston Kreme

To call it a "chocolate-iced custard-filled doughnut" is just so...so...wrong.

#thatswhydunkindonutsisbetter

This is what Krispy Kreme calls them.  I *thought* that they were Boston Kreme, but I didn't want to insult Boston if I was incorrect.  :)

(And, whoever comes up with a gf version first is better.)

• Like 3

Symphony of Science: have you guys heard of this? Someone uses autotuner to some scientists speaking and adds a melody and it becomes a song.

Example:

I made the mistake of showing this to dh.  :)

I think I know what might be watched during lunch at work tomorrow.

#sciencegeeks

• Like 2

You are all invited to KrissiK's California Experience. We can hit the missions (2 days walking distance apart, every one of them), Gold Country, San Francisco, the Central Coast (elephant seals are mating now, ya know), Disneyland, the Getty Museum. We may even make it Yosemite before they change the names of everything.

That sounds great!

Not a chance!

You are like a super hero!

Wow!  Every time I think I am a loser I remember that all of us at the ITT are Not a Losers.

• Like 5

Having a man shower while I watch the baby would not have bothered me, but it was unacceptable to make you wait.

I just finished the Boston Creme donut I made Matt get thanks to you people.

We're off to the ultrasound.

I hope we can get some answers.  We have waited so long. :laugh:

• Like 6

Oh, and Slache, I was meaning to tell you, Indiana has a state homeschool tax credit of $1,000 per child. All you need is a receipt that shows you bought a book. It can be $5 or $500. Last year I took in a rainbow resource invoice and that was good.

I'm so happy you and our ITT Baby are good and healthy.

• Like 3

Oh, and Slache, I was meaning to tell you, Indiana has a state homeschool tax credit of $1,000 per child. All you need is a receipt that shows you bought a book. It can be $5 or $500. Last year I took in a rainbow resource invoice and that was good.

I'm so happy you and our ITT Baby are good and healthy.

WOOT!

• Like 3