Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 6/30/2021 at 4:47 AM, Wheres Toto said:

The licensing is exciting!

Sorry to hear about hotel living.   There's a lot of that and campground living going on around here lately.  Lot of people sold houses and found themselves without a new place to buy or rent, and once eviction moratoriums were done......  I know a couple people who had landlords that sold their houses out from under them.  Crazy times. 

We'd been living in that triplex for 18 years. The landlord decided it was time to go ahead and fix the things we'd been telling him for the past few years, so he can upgrade it and take advantage of all the price hikes taking place around time.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:44 AM, Slache said:

I was not aware this happened. I thought it was through September. This explains a lot.

No, I'm pretty sure the federal moratorium ended June 30. You may be thinking of student loans for the September date.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:59 PM, Susan in TN said:

Another double post.  

As it turns out, The Spellman Files has the image of a person on the cover, so I can use it for one of the Challies reading challenge books.

I am not doing well with any reading challenge, seeing how I have yet to finish one book. 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:09 PM, Wheres Toto said:

Only one more day left of camp and it's one down, four to go.  But I have a week off between each one to recover.  

Dh and I are meeting up with the realtor at the new space tomorrow to go over the lease and hopefully see what the next steps are. 

I've been off for the past two weeks, but have prek summer camp starting up (online) next Tuesday.

Edited by Renai
forgot two posts
  • Like 5

I'm done with week 1!  This was robotics camp so had a lot of freedom to chose activities once they learned the basics.  It was a good week, they all seemed to have fun.  A couple kids missed a couple days due to colds.  There seems to be a nasty cold going around.  Covid, flu and strep tests are all coming up negative but there's stuffy noses, sore throats and coughs (no fevers).   I'm really hoping I don't catch it.  Masks were worn except when having snack which was outside until we had rain Thursday and Friday.  Then we did inside but spread out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm done with week 1!  This was robotics camp so had a lot of freedom to chose activities once they learned the basics.  It was a good week, they all seemed to have fun.  A couple kids missed a couple days due to colds.  There seems to be a nasty cold going around.  Covid, flu and strep tests are all coming up negative but there's stuffy noses, sore throats and coughs (no fevers).   I'm really hoping I don't catch it.  Masks were worn except when having snack which was outside until we had rain Thursday and Friday.  Then we did inside but spread out.  

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's what we have.  We haven't bothered getting tested, but I'm pretty sure it's not covid.  All of us except dd10 are vaccinated.  None of us has lost taste and smell.  A few of the girls had fevers of around 99 for a day.

• Like 1

Dh just noticed my rainbow avatar (he called it an icon) and I explained the "over the rainbow" and "where's toto" stuff.  He was surprised because I usually don't emphasize the wizard of oz connection.  I had to tell him it was an inside joke, except I don't remember the joke except that it was this thread where it came about. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Junie said:

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's what we have.  We haven't bothered getting tested, but I'm pretty sure it's not covid.  All of us except dd10 are vaccinated.  None of us has lost taste and smell.  A few of the girls had fevers of around 99 for a day.

I was feeling punky earlier in the week but I'm pretty sure it was just allergies because of the crappy air quality from the heat.  

I know quite a few people who had all the tests done and all were negative.   Could there be a variant of Covid that wouldn't get caught by the tests?  I guess there could be, but I doubt we'd have it here in my county with almost no cases for the past month and a really good vaccination rate. 

• Like 2

Went to Six Flags. Now dying. Missed fireworks because baby. 91°. Everyone was half naked and unattractive. Cheapest strip club ever. Got free drinks! We get free drinks forever now for reasons I fail to understand. Mary got to ride a few big rides after growing during the pandemic. The cat pooped in John's bed while we were gone because he was locked in their room. All in all it was a good day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

It's Friday!

I need to go to Aldi this morning and probably Kroger also.  And do a couple chores around the house.  We made some progress with dd22's stuff in the bedroom, but have a ways to go yet.

At some point I should probably start looking at school materials for the fall.  I will only be educating 3 kids, and 2 of them will have a majority of classes at a tutorial.  Svengo.  What am I going to do with myself?!?

Coffee!

Similar situation here regarding school, except I think I’ll be doing a lot of driving.  

21 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Still sick.  I spent most of the morning in bed. 🙂

Similar situation here. Hope you’re feeling better!  Here, dd is better and I’m just getting it. Definitely a cold.  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

Dd18 is the only one with plans today - work then dinner and concert with friends.  I need to finish going through the backpacking gear to make sure it is all ready to be put away, and then put it away.

How do you train a 1yo dog to not go on furniture?

Coffee!

• Like 1

Hello, Happy Saturday.

I'm still thinking mine may be allergies.  It doesn't have the icky slightly burning feeling I usually have with a cold.  And our air quality is really sucky right now.    I sound nasally and hoarse but I don't feel that bad and I slept fine.  I take emergen-C every day plus extra Vitamin D, Vitamin C and multi-vitamins, lots of fluids.  The one thing I didn't get much of the past week was rest but I got a normal amount of sleep each night.  

We just sent financials off to the management company for the new space.  Now it will come down to what they think about the financials, which obviously don't look great after being closed from March through September of last year but look really really good from September of last year to this year to date.   I can't imagine we're the only business looking that way and at least we show good recovery. 

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!

We are home!!! Got home last night about 10:00PST.  Had a good day of flying.

Disney is really and truly amazing. And we got in on the first fireworks show since Covid on Thursday night. That was so awesome. We had no idea they were even going to have the show, but decided to back to the Magic Kingdom after Hollywood Studios closed. So, we got there and Main Street was packed. We found a spot and waited there for about a half an hour and that fireworks show was beyond incredible. It was right above the castle and somehow the castle kept changing with the songs and became all the different princesses’ castles.  It was really magical. And the fireworks were amazing.

So, we are home now. I am pretty beat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Backpacks are put away and some Other Backpacking Things are put away.  I put up the Independence Day twinkle lights.  Helped dds12&14 see the error of their ways and directed them to clean their room before packing for scout camp.  Had ds16 put the camp chairs in their proper place in the garage, which dh seems to be unable to locate - on top of the large cooler.  Very simple.  Almost as simple as laying them in a pile in the middle of the garage.  Just 3 steps to the left and you're there.  🙄

I got one of the abebooks I ordered for a kid's tutorial class in the fall - I Will Always Write Back, which has 3 authors and could count in the "more than one author" reading challenge category.  I started Lonesome Dove this morning.  It's very long, but I think will be good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Dd18 is the only one with plans today - work then dinner and concert with friends.  I need to finish going through the backpacking gear to make sure it is all ready to be put away, and then put it away.

How do you train a 1yo dog to not go on furniture?

Coffee!

Has he been neutered? 

I need to call the vet about Rusty.  I had taken him in for the first time in his life for eye discharge.  Now he's dragging his back leg.  Google says that this could be anything from just being an old bunny to (in conjunction with the eye discharge and a weird head tilt that he's done twice in the last couple of days) a brain parasite.  Yikes!  And because it's zoonotic it can be transmitted to humans - at least in theory. 

• Sad 5

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I need to call the vet about Rusty.  I had taken him in for the first time in his life for eye discharge.  Now he's dragging his back leg.  Google says that this could be anything from just being an old bunny to (in conjunction with the eye discharge and a weird head tilt that he's done twice in the last couple of days) a brain parasite.  Yikes!  And because it's zoonotic it can be transmitted to humans - at least in theory. 

I had a bunny with the head tilt thing.  It was some kind of ear infection and we had to put drops in her ears for a few weeks but it went away.   Hope it ends up being something simple for Rusty. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so I am struggling and flip-flopping with history again. We have been doing a SotW/History Odyssey hybrid this year. It has been going well, but I think it’s been kind of a slog. I really want to go with Notgrass next year, but I don’t feel like it gives the depth I want for the girls. The way we have been doing it I think has been rich because it adds a lot of skills…. more map skills, good time lines and definitely outlining and essay writing. I guess I could step it up a little and not let it get in a slog so much. And I could prep more this summer. But I really just love the Notgrass. Well, I do until I really get into it, and then feel like it needs more. The girls, I think are ok with either.

Opinions anyone??

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so I am struggling and flip-flopping with history again. We have been doing a SotW/History Odyssey hybrid this year. It has been going well, but I think it’s been kind of a slog. I really want to go with Notgrass next year, but I don’t feel like it gives the depth I want for the girls. The way we have been doing it I think has been rich because it adds a lot of skills…. more map skills, good time lines and definitely outlining and essay writing. I guess I could step it up a little and not let it get in a slog so much. And I could prep more this summer. But I really just love the Notgrass. Well, I do until I really get into it, and then feel like it needs more. The girls, I think are ok with either.

Opinions anyone??

I wouldn't fix what doesn't seem to be broken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Opinions anyone??

We like both SOTW and Notgrass, too. John always wants more History so next year we are finishing SOTW as a family, but he is going to do Our 50 States independently. It's below grade level but he loves the topic. If it goes well I'll keep it up with their middle school curriculum and if it doesn't go well he will have lost nothing because we're doing SOTW. I think this will cost him 15 minutes a day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Has he been neutered? 

Yes!  I just realized that sounds like he is peeing on furniture, which he is not.  I meant getting onto the furniture, which only happens when no one is home or at night.  Currently we are just putting boxes on the new sofa to keep him off it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Opinions anyone??

Do Notgrass, but add a couple biographies for depth - maybe only 2 or 3 per year depending on length, read slowly so as not to weigh down the schedule.  When you say SOTW/HO feels like a slog,it doesn’t sound appealing, kwim?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Opinions anyone??

I am considering a SOTW/Notgrass combo for my two youngest, or just dividing the World and American history series into 4 years and adding more literature or things.  Not sure yet.  But I really should get a move on things.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am considering a SOTW/Notgrass combo for my two youngest, or just dividing the World and American history series into 4 years and adding more literature or things.  Not sure yet.  But I really should get a move on things.

I do not see the 4 year thing being clear cut with Notgrass. It jumps around and is less linear than it is a painting done by pack of rabid squirrels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Very long day for Rusty and me.  We were at the vet for an entire six hours.  An ear infection was ruled out.  It's either the brain parasite or a brain tumor.  We're treating for the parasite.  Also the one x-ray I consented to showed that his heart is enlarged.  So he's got meds for that too.  Darn expensive rabbit.  But a sweet one.  He sure was mad when they brought him back to me though! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

(((Jean and Rusty)))

(((Toto)))  Hope you feel better soon.  All of us who are home right now have cold symptoms, except the one who had it first.  This thing spreads quicker than the plague for sure!

Today is youngest's nirthday!  We have a house full of teenagers now (except oldest who is not here as much.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I think my cold is getting better, but I had a doozy of a headache yesterday and had trouble sleeping last night.  I'm feeling some better this morning.  The girls are all in various stages of sickness.

(((Toto)))

(((Rusty and Jean)))

(((Lynn and family)))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2