Menu

Ignore this thread!

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I finished The Fifth Gospel and am looking for another book since Lonesome Dove isn't available yet .  I reserved The Spellman Files from the library just for fun.  

Is it bedtime yet?

Wow, I read Lonesome Dove way back in college.  I think it was assigned in a class I took my freshman year when I was in Texas. (Texas Wesleyan).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renai said:

So, I did a thing. Well, a couple of things.

I am now licensed to teach Zumba, Zumbini, and Zumbini for Schools. I finished the last today after making a spontaneous decision to do it last Tuesday.

I am also working on a new Spanish copywork/coloring book series. Psalm 23 is almost finished, and I hope to have the second one (positive affirmations) complete by the end of July.

We live in a hotel and have been officially homeless since May 20th. Have I told ya'll about that yet? I have become quite adept at using the Instant Pot as a sauce pan or frying pan and creating meals using it and a microwave.

I've started back exercising. I'm doing Beachbody's 21 Day Fix, and ending with Tai Chi. I skipped Thursday and Friday though, because Zumba half-day training was pretty intense. But I survived! I'm still alive!

Ok, I think that's about it.

The licensing is exciting!

Sorry to hear about hotel living.   There's a lot of that and campground living going on around here lately.  Lot of people sold houses and found themselves without a new place to buy or rent, and once eviction moratoriums were done......  I know a couple people who had landlords that sold their houses out from under them.  Crazy times. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Double post.  So exciting.

Our new sofa came today, 2 days early - they had a delivery opening so we went for it. 

Dd12's lunch birthday lunch was very tasty - her pie crust was wonderful.  Something I have never been able to accomplish.

Edited by Susan in TN

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

The licensing is exciting!

Sorry to hear about hotel living.   There's a lot of that and campground living going on around here lately.  Lot of people sold houses and found themselves without a new place to buy or rent, and once eviction moratoriums were done......  I know a couple people who had landlords that sold their houses out from under them.  Crazy times. 

I was not aware this happened. I thought it was through September. This explains a lot.

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I woke up at 5:30, but I got Second Sleep. :)

My two kids who went to camp are sick. 😞  Mild fevers yesterday (that seem to be gone today), coughing...  They are both vaccinated (although one of them is not quite two weeks past the second shot), so we are thinking that it is probably something other than covid.

• Like 3

I'm drinking coffee.  Two books are waiting for me at the library, which I will pick up when I bring dd18 to work.  I think I will do story time this morning, if dd12 gets a break from making lunch - she is making her Radish Kids meal for ds26's birthday lunch - taco triangle things, a salad, and triple berry birthday pie. 😊

• Like 2

Half-way through the day and the week.   I think I'm also tired because it's super hot and humid around here.  The air quality totally sucks and I have allergy-induced asthma.   We are sitting outside for snacks (as briefly as possible, in the shade/under canopies/with fan) and it's so oppressive.

Ha!  I got the booya!  Half-way there booya. 

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I buy a bag of Reece's every few weeks and eat 4 every few days. I asked Matt to bring me the bag and he instead brought me 4 because he's noticed I always eat 4 and it was like the sweetest thing ever but tonight I wanted 6 and he was so disappointed and now I feel bad.

• Like 2

It's a cozy raining morning here - nice after hotter temps.  Youngest is getting over a summer cold - I feel bad for her, but it's kinda nice to have a break from driving to swim.  But wouldn't you know someone else needs a ride to something today.  I love summer break, but then every week (sometimes every day) has some unusual demand.  But the rain is so nice.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

It's a cozy raining morning here - nice after hotter temps.  Youngest is getting over a summer cold - I feel bad for her, but it's kinda nice to have a break from driving to swim.  But wouldn't you know someone else needs a ride to something today.  I love summer break, but then every week (sometimes every day) has some unusual demand.  But the rain is so nice.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

No COFFEE,!!~D yet. I am still in bed. We are all pretty beat. Disney World is amazing. We are having a great time, but Florida’s got quite a bit of weather, we Californians are used to just one thing in the summer. Sunshine. That is all. None of this torrential down pours, thunder, lightning, light rain, no rain, sun, humidity, clouds…..

We are going to Epcot and Hollywood Studios today. We are doing Disney 3 days and we haven’t nearly seen everything. But, that’s fine. I’m not sure we’d have the stamina to see everything in one trip, even if we were here a few more days. I logged over 21,000 steps yesterday.

I think what truly amazes me about this place is the organization.  There are so many people here and yet the amount of time standing in most rides wasn’t horrible. I think we stood in line  for Splash mountain yesterday for 45 minutes and that was the longest wait.  This place employs a ton of people, too. I guess you have to to keep it so clean and keep everything moving so well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

No COFFEE,!!~D yet. I am still in bed. We are all pretty beat. Disney World is amazing. We are having a great time, but Florida’s got quite a bit of weather, we Californians are used to just one thing in the summer. Sunshine. That is all. None of this torrential down pours, thunder, lightning, light rain, no rain, sun, humidity, clouds…..

We are going to Epcot and Hollywood Studios today. We are doing Disney 3 days and we haven’t nearly seen everything. But, that’s fine. I’m not sure we’d have the stamina to see everything in one trip, even if we were here a few more days. I logged over 21,000 steps yesterday.

I think what truly amazes me about this place is the organization.  There are so many people here and yet the amount of time standing in most rides wasn’t horrible. I think we stood in line  for Splash mountain yesterday for 45 minutes and that was the longest wait.  This place employs a ton of people, too. I guess you have to to keep it so clean and keep everything moving so well.

It takes two full weeks to see everything. I've sincerely looked this up. Two days each at MK and AK, two and a half at HS and Epcot, one per water park, one at the springs and two hotel hopping. That's 14 days. I'm planning a four day trip as soon as we can afford it. Four days, one major park per day, no hopping, two meals per park and snacks.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I remember being so impressed with how clean Disney was - they have to work so hard to keep it all so tidy.  We were there 18 years ago with our 3 oldest (dd18 was about 9 months old), so it's been a while.  

I'm taking two kids to the Super Duper Fish Store.  I might have time for grocery shopping but it can wait until tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I have been to Disney World a few times.  Most recently when dd16 was about 6 months old.  My parents paid for most of the trip (including staying with them in their motorhome) as our Christmas present.  I would like to go again, but it's really, really expensive. 😞

Dh and I spent a free day at Epcot because we listened to some time share spiel.  We took dd16 (then 6 months) and got to meet every grandma in the park. :)  

My cheapest trip to Disney was while I was in college.  I spent Spring Break with my roommate, who lived in Orlando.  We had a friend whose Mom worked in one of the Disney hotels and was able to get us in for free.  I spent about $5 getting something to eat about midway through the day.

Dh and I have friends who love Disney -- who went there every year on vacation.  When they retired a few years ago they moved to Orlando so that they can go as often as they want (pandemic notwithstanding).

• Like 4

This will likely be our only time here. And it does cost an absolute fortune.  It is not unexpected, but goodness sakes…. and there are a million people here and they are all eating in the park and buying shirts at $40 a pop and other souvenirs.   Where do they get this money??

I think if we do Disney again it will be Anaheim. It’s smaller. And closer, so it would be a much cheaper trip. The only reason we came to Florida is that we were unsure of Disney’s opening status, thanks to our bozo governor.  Oh, And we love California Adventure.

But we are glad we came here. Florida is amazing. Of course our clothes that we got soaked in on Tuesday are still wet, but….it is beautiful and green and we are really having a great time here.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

This will likely be our only time here. And it does cost an absolute fortune.  It is not unexpected, but goodness sakes…. and there are a million people here and they are all eating in the park and buying shirts at $40 a pop and other souvenirs.   Where do they get this money??

I think if we do Disney again it will be Anaheim. It’s smaller. And closer, so it would be a much cheaper trip. The only reason we came to Florida is that we were unsure of Disney’s opening status, thanks to our bozo governor.  Oh, And we love California Adventure.

But we are glad we came here. Florida is amazing. Of course our clothes that we got soaked in on Tuesday are still wet, but….it is beautiful and green and we are really having a great time here.

You didn't even pay full price! Everything was super discounted until like 2 weeks ago when everything started opening up.

• Like 1

Put on gardening clothes. Went out and mowed for one hour straight. Got the front yard weeds mowed (an accurate description since the grass has gone dormant in the heat and only the weeds are growing like…. weeds.). Filled the mower tank twice. Even mowed half of the backyard before running over a hidden kong in the grass. Despite a lovely mist that was sprinkling on me, I am now dripping in actual sweat. I am totally counting this as a Xena workout. 

• Thanks 5

When I was a teenager we went to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm on our family road trip to my aunt's house in Pasadena.  I think that was my first time to the ocean.  And for some reason I also went to a movie with my older cousins - "Mr. Mom", I believe it was.

Dd14 bought a red & white fantail goldfish - his name is Francisco.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

When I was a teenager we went to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm on our family road trip to my aunt's house in Pasadena.  I think that was my first time to the ocean.  And for some reason I also went to a movie with my older cousins - "Mr. Mom", I believe it was.

Dd14 bought a red & white fantail goldfish - his name is Francisco.

If you rode the train at Knott's Berry Farm my grandpa laid those tracks down.

• Like 5

I've been to Disney World a few times now.  First time was my honeymoon with ex, then oldest and I went after my divorce when she was about 8, then we had to go when I was 9 months pregnant with youngest in JULY for older dd's dance competition, then we went a few years ago.   And maybe I went with ex and oldest at some point when she was little?  I'm not sure if I"m remembering right.  

All except the first trip and last trip we were all able to get in for free because my brother works for Disney (and has for like 26 years).  We also usually stayed with him, so only paid for plane or train fare (drove to Virginia and took the autotrain to Orlando).   Our last trip he wasn't sure about black=out dates so we just did a package.    I don't know if we'll go back.  My kids aren't super into amusement parks.  They liked the shows and the game you played in the parks with cards but aren't real into rides.   We went to Hershey Park two years ago and it was the same thing - dd and I ended up going by ourselves for a few hours because dh and ds weren't into it at all.  

• Like 6

Good morning!

It's Friday!

I need to go to Aldi this morning and probably Kroger also.  And do a couple chores around the house.  We made some progress with dd22's stuff in the bedroom, but have a ways to go yet.

At some point I should probably start looking at school materials for the fall.  I will only be educating 3 kids, and 2 of them will have a majority of classes at a tutorial.  Svengo.  What am I going to do with myself?!?

Coffee!

• Like 3

...when you disappear from TWTM for years and come back and your old friends are still posting to "Ignore this thread" thread.  

This thread is like 6 years old. 😳🤣

So catch me up. What spicy bits have I missed? 

Hi!!!!!!👋👋👋

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FO4UR said:

...when you disappear from TWTM for years and come back and your old friends are still posting to "Ignore this thread" thread.  

This thread is like 6 years old. 😳🤣

So catch me up. What spicy bits have I missed? 

Hi!!!!!!👋👋👋

You're not rereading the whole thing from the beginning??!!??!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Put on gardening clothes and went out to mow more in the backyard. Finished remowing all the reclaimed lawn. Mowed a bit deeper into the three feet high lawn and grass. Picked up some more of the fallen and pruned branches that made one area off limits for mowing. I will have dominion over this very small patch of earth!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4