Menu

Ignore this thread!

Cleaned dust out of the inside of the tank.

Windexed the outside of the tank.

Put Goo-gone and scraped the leftover adhesive from where my daughter put pictures of fish on the empty fish tank years ago.

Windexed the outside of the tank again.

Did math to figure out the volume of the tank.

Windexed the two pieces of glass that fit on the top of the tank.

Took a picture of the tank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Poor Lily-cat.  (But don't take me too seriously.  I'm playing here.  As Lily-cat's official advocate.  😉  )

She is grateful for your sympathy. Finally someone understands her feelings and how difficult life really is for someone with her delicate sensitivities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is for sure we are getting an apartment. It is the downstairs of a two-story house; an older women lives upstairs. The son is taking care of the details (apparently he rents several places). The father (RIP) built this house, so there is a lot of sentimental value. Plus, the son wanted to be sure of the tenants he puts in here since his mom is here. It is fully furnished! There is a fenced yard, so both our dogs are welcome!

He is working on building a wall between the upstairs and down at the staircase, doing the plumbing for the kitchen sink (he's a plumber), buying a fridge and electric stove. I need to figure out how to get dog pee smell out of here. Her dogs have had a run of the whole place and it smells like they've peed several times. The place is mostly carpeted, and I don't think they plan to pull it up any time soon - it hasn't been mentioned.

I think it will work out well, and we can start moving in as soon as the sink and fridge are in. We need to throw out a bunch of stuff; there are three small storage rooms and I would like to reduce to 1.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

In other news, my checking account has disappeared. It was there when I made a deposit on Saturday, but soon afterward my debit card wouldn't work. I checked online and my checking account doesn't even show up! Of course, bank is closed until tomorrow. I am not pleased.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Renai said:

It is for sure we are getting an apartment. It is the downstairs of a two-story house; an older women lives upstairs. The son is taking care of the details (apparently he rents several places). The father (RIP) built this house, so there is a lot of sentimental value. Plus, the son wanted to be sure of the tenants he puts in here since his mom is here. It is fully furnished! There is a fenced yard, so both our dogs are welcome!

He is working on building a wall between the upstairs and down at the staircase, doing the plumbing for the kitchen sink (he's a plumber), buying a fridge and electric stove. I need to figure out how to get dog pee smell out of here. Her dogs have had a run of the whole place and it smells like they've peed several times. The place is mostly carpeted, and I don't think they plan to pull it up any time soon - it hasn't been mentioned.

I think it will work out well, and we can start moving in as soon as the sink and fridge are in. We need to throw out a bunch of stuff; there are three small storage rooms and I would like to reduce to 1.

Nice!  It sounds like a good place!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renai said:

In other news, my checking account has disappeared. It was there when I made a deposit on Saturday, but soon afterward my debit card wouldn't work. I checked online and my checking account doesn't even show up! Of course, bank is closed until tomorrow. I am not pleased.

This sounds bad.  Hopefully just a computer glitch.

• Like 3

I have ordered some things.  Haven't gotten the Notgrass things yet.  I spent 15 whole minutes tidying the Pantry of Doom and still couldn't find the biology book and eventually I realized it's because we don't have that biology book.  Not the correct edition, at least.  So I had to order that, too.  Humph.  I thought that having only 3 to edumacate would cost less but I'm doing a pretty good job of proving myself wrong.

• Like 3

Tropical Storm Elsa approaching.  No biggie. I’ve cleaned out the lanai and moved all loose items to the garage.  I’m hoping we get strong enough winds to bring down the small dead branches of the neighbor’s tree. I’m sick of looking at them.  

We had inches of rain this week and a tropical storm approaching and yet this guy watered his yard both yesterday AND today.  It made me mad, actually. What a waste of water.  If you want to do some yard work, how about you tend to those branches and stop watering my fence? 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Did I tell you all that DS is officially enrolled in PS for the fall?  Which means he starts Aug. 10. I’m kind of sad and happy at the same time.  

I’m going to wait a few months before I start cleaning out my homeschool closet, though. One never knows how these adventures might turn out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Tropical Storm Elsa approaching.  No biggie. 

I see you have learned to...

Let it go.

2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Did I tell you all that DS is officially enrolled in PS for the fall?  Which means he starts Aug. 10. I’m kind of sad and happy at the same time.  

I’m going to wait a few months before I start cleaning out my homeschool closet, though. One never knows how these adventures might turn out.

(((Ikslo)))

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We got hit by a nasty thunderstorm so everyone is on the balcony eating popsicles instead of practicing piano.

Fish tacos in a few. Whoever's coming better hurry or you'll get swept away.

If you missed fish tacos at Slachey's, you can head over my way.  We're having them tomorrow.  Taco Tuesday.  Won't be as yummy as hers, but will should be recognizable as fish tacos (with cilantro lime sauce).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Renai said:

I changed my signature.

Very sexy! I keep wanting to list my curriculum but we are pretty much LCCers and yet if I list the actual curriculum we use it looks like child abuse.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

If you missed fish tacos at Slachey's, you can head over my way.  We're having them tomorrow.  Taco Tuesday.  Won't be as yummy as hers, but will should be recognizable as fish tacos (with cilantro lime sauce).

I love fish tacos. 

• Like 1

The aquarium was listed correctly on Nextdoor.  My neighbor checked for me.  Then some guy from a half hour away PM'd me to say that he wants it.  Which is fine but I asked him if he realizes that I am a half hour away.  If he still wants it, he needs to tell me the date and time(ish) that he wants to pick it up and I will put it outside for him.  So far, crickets. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think that I have one week's work to really declutter the dining room.  I got a 1/4 of the way done today so that's a good sign.  I have had this on my list to do forever but now I have the incentive to put off all the other equally important things and to do it.  It really really helped me today that my neighbor called me while I was tackling it and we chatted on speakerphone for almost 2 hours while I kept busy.  My biggest challenge to getting tasks like this done is that I get bored. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Morning.  I think today is Tuesday.   It's kind of blurred together.   I'm feeling better today.  Not 100%, still somewhat tired but mostly back to normal.  Which means it's back to work for me.   I need to run to the science center and do some cleaning/organizing.  Set up school.  Work on plans for camps, classes in the fall, and school for the year.  

Dd has decided she's ready to go back to TKD, so we'll be doing that this evening.   We're supposed to do a 4-H activity Thursday evening but it's supposed to rain so it may be cancelled. 

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

I’m sitting here looking out the window and realizing one of my first tasks will be to refill the hummingbird feeder. Poor little hummers.

I also need to figure out how to get into my work email. They did some changing around of things (I am so not techy, so I really don’t know what they did) and I followed all the instructional emails correctly, but there was some glitch and I still cannot get in. The powers that be are aware of this, though, so hopefully today I can get in.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think that I have one week's work to really declutter the dining room.  I got a 1/4 of the way done today so that's a good sign.  I have had this on my list to do forever but now I have the incentive to put off all the other equally important things and to do it.  It really really helped me today that my neighbor called me while I was tackling it and we chatted on speakerphone for almost 2 hours while I kept busy.  My biggest challenge to getting tasks like this done is that I get bored. 

I prop up my iPad and watch Hallmark movies to get myself through boring tasks. Lately, I’ve really been into Chesapeake Shores on Hallmark, which is an extremely realistic show about a multi-generational family of extremely good looking people who live in a beautiful house in a beautiful setting near a quaint town in Chesapeake Bay. They claim to be dysfunctional, yet they have hilarious family dinners on the deck of said beautiful home and all pull through for each other when the going gets tough. And it does occasionally, but the characters always come out on top. Including the hapless and disorganized younger sister who happens to open a B&B, attracts the attention of an undercover reviewer for The NY Times and ends up getting a stellar review from him.  As I said, entirely realistic.😂😂😂

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

I didn't sleep great due to weirdness in leg.  Ever since the backpacking trip my back sometimes gets numb and tingly and my toes get numb and now my arm.  I think I should probably go to a chiropractor, though I've never been and am not really interested in going.  But I should probably go anyway.

A can of tree-wound spray stuff exploded under our kitchen sink yesterday and it's a mess.

I should make a game plan for today. 

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We did Mark Kristler last year on your recommendation.  Good stuff! 🏆

Y'all reminded me I want the kids to work through our Mark Kistler's Draw Squad book as Art in the fall.   They both do their own art stuff but I feel like I need to have them do something deliberate and since I have that book already, it wins. 

• Like 3

My brain still feels sluggish and my head feels full of cotton so I have a feeling all my planning tasks aren't going to get done today.  But I'm doing laundry.  That I don't have to think about too much so its the perfect task for when my brain feels sluggish, right? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Warning - Edpo!  Avert yer eyeballs!

I need to find some good American history biographies for ds16.  David McCullough looks good but his books are generally too long for ds to manage.  We have a few, like Up From Slavery, Benjamin Franklin, Unbroken, and Frederick Douglass.  Any other recommendations?

As you were.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Warning - Edpo!  Avert yer eyeballs!

I need to find some good American history biographies for ds16.  David McCullough looks good but his books are generally too long for ds to manage.  We have a few, like Up From Slavery, Benjamin Franklin, Unbroken, and Frederick Douglass.  Any other recommendations?

As you were.

I just checked my goodreads list for favorite biographies.  Here are the American biographies that I enjoyed:

Farewell to Manzanar

Where the Broken Heart Still Beats

Carry On, Mr. Bowditch

Warriors Don't Cry

The Autobiography of Malcolm X

• Thanks 1