Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I just checked my goodreads list for favorite biographies.  Here are the American biographies that I enjoyed:

Farewell to Manzanar

Where the Broken Heart Still Beats

Carry On, Mr. Bowditch

Warriors Don't Cry

The Autobiography of Malcolm X

Thank you!  There are some here I haven't heard of!

• Like 1

I spent a half hour with dd18 packing up dd22's things and a half hour in the Pantry of Doom.  Now the Tree Man is here looking at our trees and figuring out how many kids we'll need to sell to get them trimmed and/or removed.  Looks like our Bradford Pear will need to go.  Sir Pups-a-lot is feeling quite put out that we won't let him play with the Tree Man.

As soon as Tree Man leaves I'm going to Publix to pick up a few things.

Don't let me forget to feed dd14's baby snails.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The aquarium was listed correctly on Nextdoor.  My neighbor checked for me.  Then some guy from a half hour away PM'd me to say that he wants it.  Which is fine but I asked him if he realizes that I am a half hour away.  If he still wants it, he needs to tell me the date and time(ish) that he wants to pick it up and I will put it outside for him.  So far, crickets. 

Are people in your area averse to driving 30 min for free stuff?  I’d drive that in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

Just now, ikslo said:

Are people in your area averse to driving 30 min for free stuff?  I’d drive that in a heartbeat.

We joke that we're thirty minutes from everything - just from the heavy traffic here!  So I'd drive it too but I've found that for some reasons people tend to flake out over arrangements to pick up free stuff - maybe because they figure it doesn't matter?  I just don't want to haul a heavy glass object outside and then have to haul it back in again if he doesn't bother to show up! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

I’m sitting here looking out the window and realizing one of my first tasks will be to refill the hummingbird feeder. Poor little hummers.

I also need to figure out how to get into my work email. They did some changing around of things (I am so not techy, so I really don’t know what they did) and I followed all the instructional emails correctly, but there was some glitch and I still cannot get in. The powers that be are aware of this, though, so hopefully today I can get in.

Have your kids try to get you in😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Scenario: Food stuck between teeth

Me: dislodges food with tongue and swallows it.  No biggie.

Also me: uses toothpick or floss to dislodge and would never dream of swallowing the itty bit of chewed food that would have been swallowed in that state had it not gotten stuck. Ugh.  Because that would be Gross.

Lunchtime musings.  Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Looking out my window because my dog is barking. Oh!  He’s barking at the neighbor trimming those trees I mentioned. Only he’s sawing off perfectly healthy limbs with beautiful foliage, while completely ignoring the scraggly DEAD limbs which are sure to break off In high winds and come hurdling through my screened-in lanai.  

Florida man.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Scenario: Food stuck between teeth

Me: dislodges food with tongue and swallows it.  No biggie.

Also me: uses toothpick or floss to dislodge and would never dream of swallowing the itty bit of chewed food that would have been swallowed in that state had it not gotten stuck. Ugh.  Because that would be Gross.

Lunchtime musings.  Carry on.

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I ate the last of the Rainier cherries without even a second thought or an ounce of guilt.  MINE!!  ALL MINE!! Lol

You go, Susan!!

Booya/h!!! Woohoo!! It’s a cherry eating Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dd18 is back from her initial chiropractor visit - they took x-rays and she definitely has scoliosis - her PCP either did not notice (though I have seen her check) or did not think to mention it.  Anyway, the chiro can't fix scoliosis but already even with just one adjustment her posture is much, much better!  

The Tree Man sent the estimate for removing one huge tree and trimming the oak and fixing the maple - it's much less than what we were expecting, so that will probably happen in a couple weeks.  I will be sad to see the big Bradford Pear go, but it's really a menace just waiting for a stiff wind to come along and give it an excuse to cave in our roof.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I ate the last of the Rainier cherries without even a second thought or an ounce of guilt.  MINE!!  ALL MINE!! Lol

It’s good to teach your kids that life isn’t all about them.  Well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Pretty clear skies so far.  Although now it looks like it’s becoming a Cat 1.  In the words of Slache: We’re all going to die.

I’m sorry, Ikslo, but that is against ITT Policy. Regulations clearly state, “No dying.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, I see that we have not forgotten our rules.

Not much new here. I'm doing the mins game this month.

Scam caller posing as a federal agent was invited to appear in the principal's office for detention this weekend and hung up in a hurry.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

John found out we live near life size replicas of Stonehedge and the Easter Island statues so now I have to go on a road trip.

I'm in a lot of pain for no reason. I want something blended and fruity that will make the pain go away. We don't have anything blended and fruity that will make the pain go away.

I hate the violin.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

We just had severe thunderstorms roll through and half of my area of the state is now without power.   Ours kept going off and back on and off and back on.  Now we're on but I'm afraid to trust it.  But I need a shower and we're on a well so no power means no water.   If it's still on after we eat dinner, I'll probably take the chance and shower.  

Dinner is running late because the power went off and on and off and on and off and on and the chicken in the oven was confused.   I was able to heat up ds's dinner on the stove.  Dh and dd were at tkd (her first time back in months) and if the power does go out again, dh can turn on the generator.  I sort of know how to do it but since he was only gone an hour and it was pouring outside, I waited. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wheres Toto said:

We just had severe thunderstorms roll through and half of my area of the state is now without power.   

It's been crazy here for the past 24 hours. Our apartment shook a few times with the thunder. Thankfully there's the no dying rule.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Take it back right now!!  <stomps off in a huff and slams the door>

No. I hate it. It hurts my head. They've been doing it for a year and I still hate it. Internal, deep hatred. I wanted him to do guitar, but no. It had to be violin.

3 hours ago, Slache said:

No. I hate it. It hurts my head. They've been doing it for a year and I still hate it. Internal, deep hatred. I wanted him to do guitar, but no. It had to be violin.

There's a big difference in progress when there are face-to-face lessons. Haven't they just been doing it online?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Renai said:

There's a big difference in progress when there are face-to-face lessons. Haven't they just been doing it online?

Yes, but I hate good violin if it's unaccompanied. It's too high and gives me a headache.

• Like 2

Well, I woke up and we still have power.  Which means I have to work.  Elsa has been such a disappointment.  

We did have some storm damage.  One of the post caps on our fence blew off.  It landed in the grass right in front of the post.  I think I’ll save clean up for later, though, as apparently I have to log in for work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Morning.  Dd isn't feeling well.  She seems to have caught my cold but she's also vomiting.  Could just be trying to take DayQuil on an empty stomach or nasal drip though.  Poor kid.   

I have to run by the science center and do some work today.  I can't put it off much longer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!

I have a cold. We all have colds. This is butt!!

On to other news, I’m taking Baby to the eye doctor this morning. She was holding the book really close when she was reading and has always seemed to stumble over some words, so I promised her a trip to the optometrist this summer. I called yesterday and they happened to have a cancellation, so we are going this morning. 

I had a long talk with my dad yesterday. His health is really declining quickly. He was telling me all about his family dynamics when he was growing up. It was actually very interesting, because he had  never talked about it before. Apparently, he was the favored child and all his siblings held it against him. 

Sorry Elsa was a huge disappointment, Ikslo. You’re really going to have to just “Let it go… let it go!!” 🤣🤣

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  Dd isn't feeling well.  She seems to have caught my cold but she's also vomiting.  Could just be trying to take DayQuil on an empty stomach or nasal drip though.  Poor kid.   

I have to run by the science center and do some work today.  I can't put it off much longer. 

We had something like a cold with vomiting and lots of other pleasant symptoms, but it lasted for 6 weeks and got really, really bad. It was worse than H1N1, experience wise. Someone else posted on the chat board proving we weren't alone. Just a heads up in case this doesn't go away. For our kids it was about a week and we had to take it off school.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Yes, but I hate good violin if it's unaccompanied. It's too high and gives me a headache.

Could be the high frequencies.  When my kids were little they had this sort of higher pitched "play voice" that would drive me up a wall.  I've never experienced it with anything else.  Just hit my brain the wrong way.

I'm 90% better and it's been about 5 days.  I did feel nauseous a few times but I'm really good about eating something to head off actual vomiting.  I'm hoping for dd it was just irritation from not having eaten anything.

There definitely seems to be a bad, highly contagious cold going around.   Covid, flu and strep tests are all coming up negative but everyone seems to be catching whatever it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Still a lot of coughing going on here. 😞

I'm thinking about taking at least one of the girls to the doctor to get a diagnosis and possible treatment, although I'm inclined to believe this is one of those things that you just need to ride out. 

There is an activity next week that dd10 would really like to participate in, but I don't know if I'm going to let her go.  This would have been her first activity with friends since last March, so I'm really hoping that she stops coughing before then.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I woke up thinking yesterday was Wednesday, so I didn't get up to make breakfast.  Wednesday is my day to make breakfast - Greek yogurt with berries and granola.  Really complex, lol.  So breakfast was a bit late.  

I need to pantz so I can get to Aldi before it rains.  I don't bag my groceries in the store - I just put them directly into boxes in the back of my van so it's nice if it is not raining.  Anyone need anything?

Other than that, dd18 works at 1, and she and ds16 have youth group tonight.  I will try to spend a bit more time on dd22's stuff and the pantry today.  The Two Youngest are reported to be having a great time at scout camp.  Got a picture of them playing Bob Ross Monopoly, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Cold going around, eh? Think I'll keep wearing my mask in the hopes of preventing it! 

Busy day with revisions here. Also, we are getting a new dryer. I haven't had a dryer since around March, and hanging three loads of laundry a day on the deck was getting tiresome. Not to mention, bringing extra spiders in the house.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Cold going around, eh? Think I'll keep wearing my mask in the hopes of preventing it! 

Busy day with revisions here. Also, we are getting a new dryer. I haven't had a dryer since around March, and hanging three loads of laundry a day on the deck was getting tiresome. Not to mention, bringing extra spiders in the house.

Yikes.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Jimmy Buffett is stuck in my head.  Well, technically his song is stuck in my head.  I think that it would hurt a lot if Jimmy Buffett himself was stuck in my head.

Some people claim that there’s a woman to blame….. but I know (da, da, da, da, da) it’s my own +*&$ fault.

• Thanks 2