Menu

Ignore this thread!

Send me links of what's good to neutralize dog urine odor in carpet, please. The place we're moving into seemed to let their dogs have free reign. I'm hoping some pet stuff will help, plus airing it out. It is built into a hill (so windows only on one side), and has been closed up for a while, so think the smell just seems stronger. I'm really hoping the carpet is not going to need to be pulled up.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Girls!  Do you need to sit on the sofa and hold hands?  And sing Margaritaville?

3 hours ago, Slache said:

At Disney, yes.

Do you think they would let us sing that at the Frozen Sing-Along?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think that Krissi likes frozen things so much because it's so hot in the summer where she lives. 

Let it go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

I was dreaming and in my dream I had a headache.  And when I woke up, of course I had a headache.  😞

Now I need to figure out a way to dream that I had a million dollars...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Morning. I dreamed, but most of it was the usual subconscious torments about not being accepted or acceptable, and having to defend myself.

Caffeine.

I have a ton of reading to do, a writing exercise, and an extra chapter to write on a story I thought I was done with yesterday, but it needs this final scene, so.

• Like 5

Ds16 is very mad at dh and Dh is a basketcase.  I wonder if it's because I'm "mom" and accustomed to the kids being mad at me or if it's a personality thing that it doesn't bother me all that much.  I mean, I work to deal with the issue in whatever way seems best, but in the end I can generally let it go (sorry) without excessive distress.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Morning.  Just got back from taking dd to the urgent care.  She still wasn't able to keep anything down this morning.   Rapid strep was negative, covid results won't be in until tomorrow but could still just be a cold.   Gave her Zofran for the nausea so she could start drinking at least.  

What a fun week off.  I hope the rest of the summer doesn't go like this.  My next break week dh is having knee surgery.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Everyone’s colds are progressing nicely. Oldest DD sounds like an old lady, constantly regaling everyone with her symptoms. She acts like she’s going to die. Except when she wanted to go to the high school youth group swim party last night. Then she miraculously had a recovery. Until she found out her friend wasn’t going. Then her symptoms all got worse.🙄

Work stuff today. My Google account for work still isn’t working right. I hate technology.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think that Krissi likes frozen things so much because it's so hot in the summer where she lives. 

Record breaking heat predicted for this weekend. High Possibly 115. Do you think if I sang, “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?” It might help?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  Just got back from taking dd to the urgent care.  She still wasn't able to keep anything down this morning.   Rapid strep was negative, covid results won't be in until tomorrow but could still just be a cold.   Gave her Zofran for the nausea so she could start drinking at least.  

What a fun week off.  I hope the rest of the summer doesn't go like this.  My next break week dh is having knee surgery.  

Ugh.

13 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Record breaking heat predicted for this weekend. High Possibly 115. Do you think if I sang, “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?” It might help?

Yes!  Sing it loud!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

((Toto and DD)).  I hope she starts feeling better soon.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You know, the heat wouldn’t be THAT bad if all the media wouldn’t be making such a big deal. The media acts like this is the end of the world. There are heat advisories and watches on my phone and everywhere else. Around here, we are used to this. People who do outdoor work generally start work at 5:00am and work their 8 hours and are done when the heat starts getting bad. That’s what the shop people do at DH’s job. Those of us indoors just hunker down, close everything up and deal with it. Though there is always the threat of rolling black outs because of the power grid, which can’t handle the heat,  but will be able to handle the transition to all electric cars as our governor plans in the next couple of years.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Thanks to the zofran, dd has been able to eat something, drink lots and take some cough medicine to control that.   So far so good.  

I'm tired and have a headache.  Still not 100% from my cold, but also being woken up at 6am to the sounds of dd puking on the couch isn't really ideal for a relaxing day.   Heading to urgent care as soon as they open without having my tea, isn't great for a relaxing day.   The barometric pressure bouncing all over the place due to a tropical storm coming isn't great for a relaxing day. 

I will have so much work to do this weekend thanks to taking it easy all week in the hopes this damn cold would go away faster if I rested.  And maybe it is/did but tomorrow I really have to get on the ball.  Today I'm still sticking around home to keep an eye on dd but this is it.  My last day of resting.  

Dh is going to visit his mom this weekend, leaving tonight so that should be fun.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed we don't lose power thanks to Elsa because I really don't want to have to try and figure out the generator myself.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I dreamed, but most of it was the usual subconscious torments about not being accepted or acceptable, and having to defend myself.

((Critter)) That subconscious just doesn’t let anything go. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am trying to read at least 5 chapters of my book (Lonesome Dove) each day so I can finish it in less than a month.  It's very long.

I’ve been working at deliberately reading, too. I’m enjoying my books, but I do have a tendency to get lazy. I’ve got three going at once and 7 more in the queue on my nightstand. I need to keep moving along!

• Like 2

I have been dutifully keeping the bunnies separated - Aria in the cage and Rusty in the adjoining play yard.  I went into  their room tonight and Aria has squeezed herself through the small hole by the door to the cage and rejoined her beloved Rusty.  True love found a way.

Then later when I fed them, Rusty pulled his bowl into the cage so that I wouldn't get some stupid idea to lock him out of the cage again.

I have decided to let them be.  For one thing, Aria had ample time to be exposed to Rusty prior to this plus 70% of rabbits are supposed to have this parasite hanging around dormant anyway. 

• Like 8

Morning, Happy Friday.   

I have my appointment for the test about my elbows this morning.  It's to test for nerve damage/pinching and evidently involves sticking needles in my arm repeatedly.  Doesn't that sound like fun!

After I need to work at the science center for at least a little while (unless the test is really bad and I can't), then take my mother to my storage unit to get boxes for her to pack for her move.  

It's not currently raining but evidently the streets around here are a little messed up so while my doctor isn't far, I'll need to leave early to get there on time. 

• Like 5

Good morning!

As expected, it's another day here.  I need to spend a little more time on dd22's stuff and the Pantry of Doom and (warning: edpo! Avert yer eyeballs) typing out science vocab and chapter review questions.  (As you were)

Tonight dh and I are driving to the Scout camp for dinner and closing campfire and bringing the Two Youngest home.  Everyone else is on their own for dinner.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!

This morning I have to drive up to camp to pick up middle DD. I hate driving to begin with and driving in the mountains is even worse and this drive is particularly awful because it is very curvy. 

We had two earthquakes yesterday afternoon. At first they were reporting three, but several hours later they said their sensors got mixed up and it was really two, one minute apart. Kind of crazy. 

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I have not slept well this week. 😞  At least my body didn't completely rebel as Elsa moved through.

Not much going on here.  I have to try to help dd16 with chemistry.  I know the rules, so we won't die...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Morning. I think the kitten is about to hit a growth spurt. She's already taking a morning nap and is mowing down her cat food lately. 

Other than that, it's hot, but not 115F hot. We've only hit that once in my lifetime. It was in August a few years ago. 

So far this year, our temperatures have been weirdly cool. I mean, yes, we'll hit 95 today. Yes, it's so humid we need gills to breathe. But it's also green, and we are expecting rain this weekend. We simply don't get rain in July. This is very odd.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

So far this year, our temperatures have been weirdly cool. I mean, yes, we'll hit 95 today. Yes, it's so humid we need gills to breathe. But it's also green, and we are expecting rain this weekend. We simply don't get rain in July. This is very odd.

Here, too.  I guess we are not that far apart and generally on the same weather stream.  "Normal" summer temps should reach 80* by 8am in June.  We haven't gotten there yet this summer.  Last summer was the same.  Also more rain - we rarely have to mow the lawn July through September, but the past couple years have been much wetter.

• Like 2

I feel that I can understand and commiserate just a little with the characters in Lonesome Dove as they struggle with dust in the Southwest.  When we were in backpacking in New Mexico, one of the best parts of the day was right after dinner when we could brush our teeth.  All that dry, dusty air made us feel like our mouths were coated in mud by mid-morning.  I can't imagine having to follow behind a couple thousand dust-kicking cattle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dd16 and I survived Chemistry (barely).  Mostly I just told her I don't understand it and let's move on.  Not the best method (and truthfully not even a good one), but it's all I've got for today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And in more successful homeschooling news:

Dd14 began ASL 1 today. :)  We are using Bill Vicars' youtube channel.  It worked really well with my three older kids, so I'm looking forward to doing the class again with dd14. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3