Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have been doing the occasional mini challenges on Fitbit where you walk the Grand Canyon or something.  But I'm not in Fitbit enough so it's like I go on and join, then next time I go on it's done.  I don't seem to get emails or anything that encourage or remind or anything and I kind of need that. 

• Like 3

I'm meeting dd to work out this morning and give her boxes so she can start packing to move into her new apartment.   

My mom is now planning to stay with my aunt during the construction of her room instead of a camper.  Which is actually better for us (no payments on a camper) but she was worried we would be upset/insulted and got herself all worked up before she told us.   

Met the realtor yesterday about the storage space above the science center.  It definitely won't work as a classroom.  It's small with a bump out that makes it awkward and very ugly.  Patched together walls where doors, etc. were covered up.  But it will work for storage and is cheaper per square foot than my storage unit.   Turns out he didn't even see our higher offer for the other, really big space and he's going to talk to the landlord so that actually may still be on the table.   These ups and downs are driving me crazy.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!!

It is DH & my Anniversary today. Nineteen years of wedded bliss. We are going out to dinner tonight at a restaurant in the Big City that we used to frequent when we were dating. It’s nothing fancy, just a little Mexican place, but they have good food.

This morning I am helping at church prepare meals for VBS. Our VBS next week is in the evening and we are going to serve supper, too so I’m helping make Mac&cheese that will be frozen until next week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Average running is 180 steps per minute x 60 minutes an hour is 10,800 steps per hour average running pace.    Divide 100,000 by 10800 and that is 9 hours of non stop running.  😲   That's insane.   Is this like training and running a marathon once a year or is this something people are doing on a regular basis? 

I will never live in that land.  I will never live in a land where I have that kind of free time in a day.  Or even half that in a day to train.  

I think that it's more like a once a year thing.  I hope. 

• Like 2

Dd14 is feeling upset today because yesterday when she was on her dog-walking job, a neighbor dog (who is usually fenced in) was out and attacked one of her puppies.  She brought her to our house and checked her out and cleaned off her foot which had a bit of a cut on it, but later it turns out that puppy had a petty big gash in her side and had to go get stitches.  The owner wasn't mad at dd or anything, so that was good.

It's a Bad Bite Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd14 is feeling upset today because yesterday when she was on her dog-walking job, a neighbor dog (who is usually fenced in) was out and attacked one of her puppies.  She brought her to our house and checked her out and cleaned off her foot which had a bit of a cut on it, but later it turns out that puppy had a petty big gash in her side and had to go get stitches.  The owner wasn't mad at dd or anything, so that was good.

Susan, here the vets would be required to report the biting dog and their owner to Animal Control. 

• Like 1

My backpack is all packed and stuck inside the giant duffle for check-in luggage.  Travel clothes laid out.  Other things are ready.  I made my list and checked it twice.  I made dd14 go through her stuff and my list with me to see if there were any things she hadn't gotten ready.  She was not pleased, even though I have been warning her for 2 days that This Would Be Happening. oh well.  

I'm planning to get up at Lynn o'clock to check into our flight online.  Then I need to do some grocery shopping.  Other than that, I get to sit around all day and be nervous until Bedtime.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Another Lynn said:

I’m ketchupped, but not spicy. 😊

Susan, hope you’re feeling better and drs visit was helpful. 

😂

I am feeling pretty good and don't have c diff, so that's good.  I'm supposed to take probiotics and keep drinking water.  🙄

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm planning to get up at Lynn o'clock to check into our flight online.  Then I need to do some grocery shopping.  Other than that, I get to sit around all day and be nervous until Bedtime.

LOL! (Sorry you have to get up early, though.)

• Like 2

We are giving the troop leader a ride to the airport.  Everyone is planning to meet at there at 4:15 am.  Our flight leaves at 5:20. I'm not sure why they think that is adequate time to check our bags and etc on Southwest, which has been having computer glitches this week - I would prefer to get there much earlier but have not been able to convince them.  So much hair pulling.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I think we may have caught the plague. We get tested tomorrow but we all feel like we're dying.

I use Garden Life Probiotics because despite Jean telling me what she takes 7 times and me having it written down in 3 different places I couldn't remember what she told me to buy. Garden Life is good.

I am on $450/mo in supplements because of Lupus. They make a huge difference but I'm stupendously ready to be not in a flare anymore. 

Susan travels too much. I'm both jealous and not, because tired. We have a tentative trip planned for December, but it's not backpacking! I think my husband might actually do the Appalachian Trail one day. He's wanted to since he was like 16. I am not going.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

I slept horribly. It’s too hot. DH and I always argue about what temp to set the AC at night and I always lose and wake up sweaty.

We had a good anniversary dinner last night. Went to our favorite Mexican restaurant that we haven’t been to in years because it is in the Big City and we never get out. And I ate waaaaay too much.  But it was so good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morning! I have returned from the mountains. It was a nice vacation, and I got some revisions done and some gorgeous photos to paint from later. As I was driving home, DH texted to call him. Turned out, while I was gone, my children found a kitten.

Said kitten is now isolated in my room and is currently climbing my art bags because she's that kind of cat. She's extremely talkative, friendly, and into every conceivable kind of mischief she can manage. Working name at this moment is Trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! I have returned from the mountains. It was a nice vacation, and I got some revisions done and some gorgeous photos to paint from later. As I was driving home, DH texted to call him. Turned out, while I was gone, my children found a kitten.

Said kitten is now isolated in my room and is currently climbing my art bags because she's that kind of cat. She's extremely talkative, friendly, and into every conceivable kind of mischief she can manage. Working name at this moment is Trouble.

Baby asked me if she could get a kitten, as one of her friends is giving them away. Sigh!! As much as I would really love another kitteh, we already have three spoiled cats who try DH’s patience.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Yay!  So glad your mountain retreat was good!  And bonus kitty!  So exciting!

• Like 4

@Slache Any word on the Plague status?

So you should research this yourself, obviously, but I was reading recently about fighting viruses by nebulizing 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (the kind you get at the drug store in the brown bottle), or a mix of hp and saline, if the hp is too "aggressive" for you.  

#notadoctornordoiplayoneontv

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

The Portal is being quite generous at the moment.  I am nervous.  Like "about to play in a solo recital" nervous.  Once I we are sitting on the plane, I'm sure I will be fine.

I called my PCP to see if she would prescribe me a UTI antibiotic to take along on the trail "just in case" but have not heard back.  However, I did find a fairly recently prescribed antibiotic in the medicine box that a family member for some reason did not take, has not expired, and will work for a bacterial UTI.  I am taking it along if my PCP does not come through.  I am not in favor of taking antibiotics willy-nilly, but with the possibility of mild dehydration and being out in the middle of nowhere with no sanitary bathroom facilities, I would rather be safe than sorry.  I will also have my d-mannose, cranberry, probiotic, and vitamin D supplements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

@Slache Any word on the Plague status?

So you should research this yourself, obviously, but I was reading recently about fighting viruses by nebulizing 3% hydrogen peroxide solution, or a mix of hp and saline, if the hp is too "aggressive" for you.  

#notadoctornordoiplayoneontv

Not for 24-48 hours. I don't have a nebulizer. I need to talk to a doctor about my lungs because I sustained a lot of damage during the pregnancy. My dreams of being in the Olympics are over.

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The Portal is being quite generous at the moment. 

... antibiotic ..

I noticed!

I got UTIs for years no matter what. When I stopped exposing myself to latex it made a huge difference, but when I switched to fragrance free detergent and stopped wearing undies at night they went away completely. I went from nearly monthly to maybe 1 in the last 10 years.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I got UTIs for years no matter what. When I stopped exposing myself to latex it made a huge difference, but when I switched to fragrance free detergent and stopped wearing undies at night they went away completely. I went from nearly monthly to maybe 1 in the last 10 years.

Very Interesting!

I've banished the goat and have my jammies on, waiting for dinner to arrive (via dh picking up something somewhere).  Probably try to sleep early because we have to leave for the airport before the early birds wake up.  Will not likely have reliable cell service for the next week and a half, so have a wonderful weekend and week!

• Like 7

Went to the doctor (diabetic and everything else wrong with me checkup).  So basically his solution to my pain was to tell me to work out less.  Xena is not amused.

I told dh when the doctor said.

Dh:  "WHAT?"

Me:  "Don't worry.  I will probably ignore it."

Dh:  "That's true."

Me:  "I'm pretty sure that the doctor knows that I am going to ignore what he said as well."

And on that note:  I just came in from 45 minutes of weeding.  The first weeding I have done in over a week. 

• Like 5

The Portal opened and I have been granted entry. Don’t have much to say.

I ordered some walking sandals for the girls for our Disney World trip in a couple of weeks.

I haven’t been sleeping well. I hate this weather. I can’t sleep with air conditioning on for some reason, but it just doesn’t cool down at night.

I am 2 weeks over due for a cut-and-color and my appointment is a week from today. I know, it’s not her fault she had emergency gall bladder surgery the day of my appointment, but I am just a tad bit irritated. I am a terrible person.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Morning.  Happy Thursday.  Met with dd and worked out this morning, heading for MIL's for the weekend, have two interviews for new teacher on Monday, have a ton of planning, cleaning and organizing to do and people keep adding other things to my to do list.  Summer is just beginning and I'm already feeling like I"m never going to get everything done.   Ugh. 

• Like 4

Morning.  Happy Thursday.  Met with dd and worked out this morning, heading for MIL's for the weekend, have two interviews for new teacher on Monday, have a ton of planning, cleaning and organizing to do and people keep adding other things to my to do list.  Summer is just beginning and I'm already feeling like I"m never going to get everything done.   Ugh. 

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

Hot!!🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️😩😩😩🔥🔥☀️☀️😩😩🔥🔥☀️
It’s supposed to be 111 degrees today and tomorrow.  I hate summer!!

Nothing much going on today. Staying inside and trying to keep cool.

• Like 2

Hot here, too, but not 110. At this level of humidity, I think that would probably kill me. Mid 90s. Kitten is doing well sleeping at night by herself. However, she thinks that she should only nap on my desk while touching me. So I have a cat blankie between my arms while I revise, and she naps there. 

I'm currently debating when I want to take a day or a week and clean the whole house. It really needs it. But I'm low on energy with which to clean.

• Like 4

I took a week off from weeding due to a week plus of rain and a fibro flare (probably one caused the other).  But in that time the weeds have EXPLODED!  I guess that it's only fitting that the gardens of Entropy Manor also show the inexorable signs of entropy as well. 

But Xena is the enemy of entropy and did 45 minutes of weeding today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3