Menu

Ignore this thread!

The bunnies are mad at me.  I had to give them partial baths tonight due to fur gunkiness.  Both put up with it stoically while I was doing it but afterwards Rusty was very deliberate at turning his back on me whenever I came near and Aria would lunge at me with her paws telling me to "back off"!  But when I fed them later they decided that maybe I wasn't so bad after all.  Maybe. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!

We got woken up in the middle of the night by a 10 second downpour of something. It sounded like rocks. I have no idea if it was hail or big raindrops.

Taking DS to the DMV this morning. Hopefully he can pass his test for his permit.

Slashie, I am glad you don’t have the Plague. I took DS and oldest DD for their second shots yesterday. On the way, DS was insistent that he heard on the radio that 20% of kids who get the Covid shot died from it.  It’s interesting that even with those odds, he was still willing to get the shot.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Slache, when my husband tested, we waited several days beyond when we were supposed to get results because we couldn't get hold of the testing place due to weekend. It was really annoying and meant I couldn't work that weekend because I wasn't sick but was waiting to see if he was positive. This was all last year over and around Christmas, and I also missed family stuff due to waiting on results.

One would hope it's gotten easier to get results.

• Like 3

I'm about to head out to the river with the boys. I think. It seems like they are taking their time getting ready, which means I guess we get to do the hottest part of the day for our outing. It's almost 90 and high humidity, so I will be stopping off to pick up extra water. I need to get through several chapters of revisions today, which might be difficult to do if I'm dehydrated.

The kitten my boys found is currently sleeping on my desk while I type. She's settled in well, and feels she's entitled to all the upper surfaces like any grown cat.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

The kitten my boys found is currently sleeping on my desk while I type. She's settled in well, and feels she's entitled to all the upper surfaces like any grown cat.

Hmmm, highly developed cattitude for one so young. That is a good sign, she will do well.

• Like 2

I love horses in shows. I'm watching Merlin and there are 3 men on horses. One is a professional and looks like he belongs there, one is like "THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!" and the third is a total derp. They are ridiculous together and I can only imagine the good horse is completely embarrassed by the other two.

It's a horsie booya.

🐎 🐎 🐎

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Morning.  We are down at MILs for the weekend.  Her wifi is really weak so I think it's a miracle I actually got on here.   Our beach day might get rained out despite planning to stay down an extra day to go on Sunday instead of Saturday.  Evidently it's going to be two days of sporadic thunderstorms.  

• Like 4

My dad just informed me it was his plan to work overtime all summer, make a ton of money, drive down here this winter and stay with us off and on for 1-3 months while he visits all of his friends in the south. 

I am not ok with this and he just told me that was his plan. I hate saying no. This will not be fun.

And he invited himself for Christmas which I also don't want. Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morning. I'm tired. Last week was just long and tough. But I plan to try to relax more this week, get more off-line time, and do some cleaning and gardening to go with the writing and painting. 

Also, did I mention my kids found a kitten up a tree and now she's attacking my ankles? She's made herself completely at home.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

The Portal has been very persnickety lately, but I managed to get in on Critter’s coattails. 

Went to DH’s brother’s house last night for Father’s Day. That was nice. His parents and sibs were there with their families. It’s always nice to see them and the kids had fun swimming with their cousins.

Slashie, does your dad have a tendency to make his plans happen? Or is it mostly talk??  If it’s mostly talk, don’t worry about it too much right now.

Critter, what an adorable kitteh. Does this make two new ones now?? Ok, I re-read your post after a little more COFFEE!,~D . This is the one your boys found when you were gone.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

The saga of a (rightfully) picky husband who is forcing Lowe's to give us quality merchandise:

Ordered 17 boxes of flooring.  Returned five boxes that were damaged (ie. the contents were damaged, not just the boxes.)

Went to pick up the five replacement boxes of flooring today.  Three boxes made the cut.  Two boxes were returned because the contents were damaged.  (What do they do with these boxes?  Fling them around like cabers?  )  Two replacement boxes have been ordered.  Do you think that we will get two good boxes next time?  Or do you think that we will have to return at least one of them? 

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D has already been consumed. Couldn’t get on earlier. 

been to the DMV already. Ran into my cousin who was renewing his license and I overcame my extreme introvertedness and visited with him for a while. Poor DSdid not pass the exam for his permit. This was his second try. He knows the material, just can’t take tests. I guess we’ll try it again some other time. He has been taking the practice tests many times on the DMV website, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

VBS starts tonight. We are all volunteering except for Baby. She is the last one to actually participate.

• Like 2

Happy Monday.  Finally home with decent wifi and the time to sit down and get on here. 

We went to the beach yesterday.  My plan was to sit on the beach with my long sleeve sun shirt and my long pants and my hat and sunglasses reading a book while dh and the kids swam in the waves.   Instead dd felt very anxious about swimming in the waves (even though she generally loves it) and dh, while sympathetic, isn't great at gently coaxing her to do things so I ended up going out with her in long sleeve shirt but shorts and no hat or sunglasses.  So of course my face got all burnt.  But I actually had a lot of fun jumping waves with dd.  

Today I had three interviews for my teacher positions, plus a friend of mine may consider it so things are looking good there.  

Tomorrow I'm taking the kids for their first covid vaccine, then camps start next week.   

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Followed Junie in through the Portal this morning. Seems like that’s the only way I can get in these days.

The heat spell broke, it’s a lovely 61 degree morning and we have all the windows and doors open. Of course it’s supposed to be up to 108 by the weekend, but we will enjoy a couple days of temps in the 90’s.

Today…. work party at Panera. Hopefully I can get everything done I need to get done. 

Tonight VBS starts. That should be fun. 

• Like 2

I need to get out in the garden later this morning. The heat broke here, too. Now, it won't last at all, but it's very nice today. I have the windows open to listen to the birds. Also listening to the little rocket-butt chase pens she's knocked off the desk all around the room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rusty was still in his caged off area (he could jump it easily. Or at least he used to be able to). He’s pooping and peeing and eating normally. I think that I will keep him separated for one more day and if he’s still doing well I will put him back with Aria. The concern was never contagion but seeing if his systems are working well. I also don’t see the point of syringe feeding if he’s eating normal food ok so I will watch his food intake and decide. 

I think this vet was super conservative in her treatment and is over treating him a bit. 

• Like 2

Morning.  Happy Wednesday.  Kids requested an extra day to recover from the weekend so we're going for the covid vaccines today instead of yesterday.    I'll get them up in a little bit, run out and do some work at the science center so I'm home after the vax, and we'll go after lunch.  Our mega site is just 10 minutes from home so should be pretty quick and easy.  

I already feel like I'm not going to get everything done this summer.   Camps are mostly done with just a few tweaks or scheduling things to work out, but we have doctors appointments all over the place - eye doctor, dentist, neuropsych, my elbow test and orthopedic.  Those are taking up a bunch of time on the weeks I don't have camps.   I know summer is just beginning but I already feel scattered.   I should be able to get camps finalized this week so can just concentrate on classes after that.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

Finally getting my cut-and-color. My hairdresser had emergency gall bladder surgery, so my appointment was pushed back three weeks.not a good thing. I need to try to get DD into Supercuts today sometime, too.

VBS went well last night. Three more nights to go.

• Like 2

Supercuts went well with DD.I don’t know why she puts up such a fuss going there. It’s clean, the stylists are nice and do a good job on her hair.

Lunch now.

My allergies are killing me. My eyes are all puffy and I feel like Dorothy in the poppy fields in the Wizard of Oz.

• Like 1

Morning.

Kids had no problems with their shots.  They slept through the night without any complaints so we seem good so far. 

I'm meeting dd to work out this morning, then just coming home to be able to keep an eye on them.   I have more work to do at the science center but I'll have most of the weekend to do it. 

I'm not waking up before my alarm right now.  If I don't have the alarm, I am waking up by 6:30/7:00 so I guess it's still not too bad.  Next week the days are going to be looooooong. 

• Like 2

Morning. It's hot again, but cloudy. Headed to the river today to get some boating, fishing, and floating. I will probably see if I can't find some really lightweight shorts rather than my jeans because it's going to be super humid and uncomfortable.

• Like 1

I made it on. Whew!! Weather is heating up again. Baby has been complaining about a tummy ache. I don’t know. It’s on her left side, so I don’t think it is appendix. Gas maybe? Constipation? I totally blew it with DS and appendicitis, so I am a little jumpy, but this tummy ache has come and gone for about 3 weeks now. Nerves?? I really wish I had that wand thing the doctor had on Star Trek. Just wave it over you and find out what’s wrong.

• Like 2