Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I never cut my dog’s nails. I refuse to have something held against me that I didn’t want to do in the first place.  He gets them cut at the vet when he goes in to have his ears checked. (We clean them regularly, but we get them checked due to his history of ear infections. He hasn’t had one since we changed his diet though.) 

I tip my hat to anyone brave enough to cut a dog’s nails. Especially my GSD. 

I have never cut Juliet's nails and she turns three in a couple of days.  She wears them down naturally as she's out running around so much. 

• Like 4

Our dog needs to be sedated to cut his nails so has to go to the vet.  He is an extremely anxious dog, really neurotic.  We've tried giving him benedryl  and/or melatonin before hand (at the recommendation of vet) and it was still a no-go.

I used to clip my cockatiels nails and wings, cat nails, dog nails, etc so it wouldn't bother me to do it, if he wasn't so anxious. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Awww, look at all the productive people!

I wrote a lot yesterday, but that was the extent of my productivity.

🎵All the Productive People,

Where do they all come from?

All the Productive People,

Why aren't they at my house helping me organize? 🎵

😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, you've been to my house - what color should we paint the bathrooms?  I kind of like gray and white, but if I try to pick out gray at the paint store, the bathrooms will end up the color of old bandaids.

I don't remember your house except that you hate the location of the stairs. And the rabbit cage idea.

• Haha 1

I have been shalmefully slothful all afternoon.  Skipped story time all together and just told the kids to work on their historical figure research papers, and looked up handy ways to organize things and make things easier to keep tidy, and ate some stuff, and put up some cute little string lights that I got at Aldi, and read some of my book. (Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson.)

Dd18 has always wanted to try sushi, so dh is getting some take-out sushi and Thai for dinner.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday! (Already?)

I did a fair amount of dusting yesterday, but not much else.  I really should tackle my desk soon.  The piles of clutter are getting better, too, but I'm left with the problem of too much stuff that doesn't have a home.  A lot of the problem is books, notebooks, and binders.  The only books that I'm willing to get rid of are the books that the dc refuse to give up.  Sigh.

Without even knowing that I had posted this earlier...

Tonight at dinner dd14 said, "I once got Mom to keep a set of books because I liked the smell of them."

LOL.  A book lover like me, but no wonder we can't get rid of any books.

• Haha 3

Everyone has eaten beyond what is reasonable.  The red curry was amazing.  Sushi was a combination of nigiri and maki and was excellent also, though ds16 didn't care for it.  He didn't like the rice.  Or apparently anything that the rice had touched!  Lol.  I explained that next time we can get sashimi which has no rice and he seemed interested in that. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

I did not die of selecting bathroom remodeling bits.  🚿

DH did not die of writing the check for the deposit.

DS did not die of being left alone for 6 hours (but he did call me about 8 times).

That's good enough for a Friday.

I’m glad to see that you are obeying all ITT rules and regulations.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Are you going through a company or something?

Yes. The bathroom is AFAIK all original (1985) except the toilet, from the mint green popcorn ceiling to the peel-and-stick tile floor. We're working with a local remodeling company that walks you through the selection of everything so you only choose materials they know are good. (And the guy is happy to tell you the horror story that goes with every detail of the contract, such as why they will not work with red-body tile or how they cannot guarantee that the city inspector won't find a problem in your house that is completely beyond their control.) They're small enough that they will modify their standard contract to anything mutually agreed upon (we had him write in their assurance that no one exposed to Covid will come to our house and declined to let them put up a sign in our yard).

So yesterday, we went to the office and a couple of showrooms with him and picked out a vanity style and knobs, floor tile, shower walls, faucet, countertop, etc. They hope to start by mid-January and be done by mid-March.

And then we get to figure out what we're going to do about the flooring in the rest of the house. *sigh*

DS had really liked the idea of being home alone but then after 2 hours was like, "When are you going to be done?" He called me when someone called and left a voicemail. He called when there was a package left on the porch. He called to consult about how much peanut butter and jelly he was allowed to put in his sandwich and reassure me that he had wiped up what he spilled.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!
COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

Today I have got to get a handle on this house. It looks like an episode of hoarders, there is Carp on every surface. How does it get this way?? I had really wanted to go to Hobby Lobby in the Big City today, but I do not think that is going to happen. And I need to go grocery shopping. And get started on Christmas cards.

• Like 3

So, Lilly-cat is getting sneakier and sneakier. She watched White Christmas with us and then she casually got up off the couch and walked out of the room. An hour later I could find her nowhere. I searched high and low, all over the house, under the couches, in the closets, nowhere. I finally concluded that DH had let her out when he left to pick up DD1 from her friend’s party. But....no. Lilly-cat jumped on our bed at 7:00 this morning.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The roofers have started to make noise ten minutes before the noise ordinance says that they can.  Is it worth going out in my bathrobe to tell them to wait ten minutes?  I know one neighbor who will notice.  (The noise, not the bathrobe). 

It's a noisy bathrobe booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
booyah baby. #H
  • Like 5

Thanks, Whitehawk!

Our bathrooms are pretty much all original except for poor painting decisions, by me, who longs for white and gray bathrooms but who has come to the realization that the almond fixtures will need to be worked around and white must not be a part of that.  

Except for the basement bathroom.  Not sure why the builder gave that one a white tub/shower, but he did, so yay for him.  The rest of that bathroom is ugly with the stupidest layout imaginable, but oh well.  We will have to work around it.

I found this update for almond fixtures and I love the colors.  This particular designer suggests that if your toilet is right next to the almond bathtub it also needs to be almond, which means we need to replace our white toilets with almond ones.  Toilets need replacing anyway, and dh can do that himself.

image.thumb.jpeg.cbece6c9701a3f60e1c7388e23365501.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The roofers have started to make noise ten minutes before the noise ordinance says that they can.  Is it worth going out in my bathrobe to tell them to wait ten minutes?  I know one neighbor who will notice.  (The noise, not the bathrobe). 

It's a noisy bathrobe booyah! 

No.  The Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death may be the best response to Complaining Neighbor.

• Like 2

I don’t understand people who get upset about small things like this, though.  And to me it is a small thing.  I understand not everyone feels the same, and yes, there are laws, but you aren’t asking them to start an hour early.  You aren’t blaring loud music.  ime, the same type of people who are getting upset about workers starting ten minutes early are the ones who also complain if they then start two minutes late (if they were doing work for them, that is) in their effort to comply with the law to a T. In short, the type of neighbor who is never happy with anything in life and makes it their life’s work to find things to complain about.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I don’t understand people who get upset about small things like this, though.  And to me it is a small thing.  I understand not everyone feels the same, and yes, there are laws, but you aren’t asking them to start an hour early.  You aren’t blaring loud music.  ime, the same type of people who are getting upset about workers starting ten minutes early are the ones who also complain if they then start two minutes late (if they were doing work for them, that is) in their effort to comply with the law to a T. In short, the type of neighbor who is never happy with anything in life and makes it their life’s work to find things to complain about.

100%.  Imagine common sense.  ❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Things have been done.  

At my request, the girls cleaned and decluttered the bathroom, which took a surprisingly small amount of time.  I think they were done in a half hour.  I have gone back in to do some extra cleaning and decluttering and organizing, but they did a pretty good job.  

The bunnies' hay feeder has been replaced (no shortage of Amazon boxes to choose from, lol.) and the Hay-Infused areas have been thoroughly swept and mopped.  Hopefully now we won't have a continuous scattering of hay in the living room.  

Chester finished his final level 1 puppy training session.  We still need to work on some skills, but he is making progress.

I spent 10 seconds thinking about Christmas cards and then my brain fled the subject.  (Run away! Run away!)

Dinner is in the oven.  Super easy but one everyone likes - 2 pkg frozen ravioli, 1 large can diced tomatoes, 1 jar pasta sauce, parmesan cheese.  Stick all of it in an 11 x 13 baking dish.  Bake at 350 for an hour.  Eat.  Yum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I gardened. I spent 4+ hours cutting down vines that were overgrowing the trellises by the fence, then digging and yanking out vine roots. Vine roots are of the devil. I encountered no less than eight empty hornets nests while disposing of the vines. Hopefully these will be replaced by mutually agreed upon (with DH) plants, shrubs, or trees. Or a combo of all three.  We’re leaning towards bumping out the flower beds a bit and planting fruit trees.  Maybe.  But for now the vines are gone and the side yard looks bigger. Jacoby inspected my work and deemed it satisfactory.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3