Menu

Ignore this thread!

Sad venting for a moment:

My sister is moving across the country and left today.  She stopped half an hour away from my house to eat dinner and didn't tell me until she was packed up again ready to leave. 😞

She said that she didn't want to see anyone because of COVID -- which I get; I'm being more careful than she is -- but we still could have talked across a parking lot for a few minutes.

I haven't seen her since last Christmas and I'm near tears...

• Sad 8

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Does anyone here do hormonal birth control in your 30s and 40s? I've not done it in a decade because I was afraid of causing a miscarriage but now that I know that won't happen I'm considering it for the pain and exhaustion related to my cycle. It's bad.

I did for my entire 30's except when pregnant and a brief time in my 40's until I had an ablation.   I was also on them for most of my 20s.  I always had wacky heavy periods to the point where I was hospitalized once for severe anemia.  I never had any particular problems with the pill except in my late 40's when I started getting a lot of breakthrough on the mini-pill, which is when we decided on the ablation.  I didn't really want to keep taking hormonal birth control much longer at that age.

There was a recent post with someone asking about it for their teenager and a lot of people gave their experiences.  It might be worth looking up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm trying to face the reality that everything starts back up tomorrow.  😩

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am in a complete state of denial.

I'm pretending that the light dusting of snow we may or may not get in the morning means I will get the whole day off, plus maid service and a chef.  And Jeeves.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm trying to face the reality that everything starts back up tomorrow.  😩

Don't scare me like that! Tuesday. Everything starts back up on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, DorothyNJ said:

I did for my entire 30's except when pregnant and a brief time in my 40's until I had an ablation.   I was also on them for most of my 20s.  I always had wacky heavy periods to the point where I was hospitalized once for severe anemia.  I never had any particular problems with the pill except in my late 40's when I started getting a lot of breakthrough on the mini-pill, which is when we decided on the ablation.  I didn't really want to keep taking hormonal birth control much longer at that age.

There was a recent post with someone asking about it for their teenager and a lot of people gave their experiences.  It might be worth looking up. 

Thank you!

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Dd14 said she caught a snowflake on her tongue and dd11 got one in her eye.  😁  I have yet to see a snowflake, but maybe they will make another appearance later today.  Dd14 still does not have a winter coat.  

My least favorite aunt has made an appearance this morning, which explains my emotional angst and anxiety of the past couple days.  Hopefully things will settle down soon.  Have to leave in 20 minutes for dd14's orthodontist appointment.  She is hoping they give the OK to get her braces off.  I'm in the middle of folding laundry, but the rest will have to wait until later.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I've been up for awhile, but things kept keeping me from my computer.

Dd10 just finished school.

Dd12 hasn't started yet.  (She has another case of the I don't wannas.)

Dd14 and dd16 are working on their own.

I'm working on my to-do list for this week and my goals for 2021 list.

I need to find my 2020 goal list and see how much of a disaster 2020 has been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dd14 got a nice surprise at the ortho and they took her braces off right then and there!  We'll go back later this week to get a retainer.

Laundry is nearly finished, but I can't fit any more socks in dh's sock drawer.  I may have to quietly disappear some of them.

Not sure what else I should tackle today.  Dog towels or pile of old clothes.  Christmas gift craft or Advent calendar craft.

I made a phone call. 🏆

It is snowing. ❄️

Yay!  It's a Morning Update Booyah!  

FOR TODAY

*Drink your coffee

*Stay focused and positive 

*Don’t freak out 

*Remember, stabbing people is wrong!

*Are you wearing pantz?

(JJM 8/2019)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Our violin lessons are back to virtual....  in 10 minutes.  Dd is a bit nervous about it.  I'm trying to be a calming influence, lol.  🤣  I'll try to update later and let you know if we survive it.  😜

You know the rules!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

John's transformer, Mary's glitter pens and my bullet journal are here. I wrapped all the things.

Further research regarding hormonal birth control and lupus is positive and we are go. I am optimistic about future flares and pain levels.

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache (or Anyone), is there a weighted blanket you recommend? Dd22 says she "wouldn't mind" getting one for Christmas, lol.

I got the Wal-Mart ones in a pinch and do not recommend. There was one that came highly recommended by a hive member and looked great but they were $150. I still plan to get those. As in 3 of them, so not today. I'll look for the linky dink.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache (or Anyone), is there a weighted blanket you recommend? Dd22 says she "wouldn't mind" getting one for Christmas, lol.

We have these ones and they are great.  The kids love them.   Definitely get ones with a removable cover.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1T9R11/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1