Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 12/8/2020 at 11:38 PM, KrissiK said:

I love Jiffy corn muffins. Krusteaz honey corn muffins are pretty good, too.

If you like those, try mealie bread. You'll love it. Oldest found the recipe in our cookbook that went with Trailguide to world geography last year and we've been making it ever since. I use the Aldi brand knockoff of Bisquick and double the recipe for  a 9x13 casserole pan. I also grease the pan with butter first even though the recipe doesn't say to.

20200916_134524.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Morning!  Coffee's going fast.  Last Thursday before break!  

Break? What's this break you speak of? 😂 Seriously, we may take day off school on Oldest's birthday next week and maybe Christmas Eve and New Years Eve in addition to the actual holidays, but that's all. However, school will be more relaxed and interest/activities based like arts & crafts, playing cards and board games to keep those math skills working, baking, gift wrapping, ect.

• Like 5

Morning.   I slept in a little bit this morning and am taking it slow before heading in to the science center.  Usually I go in early even on the days I don't start until 11:30 but today I just decided not to.    Didn't meet dd for yoga since she has an early morning dentist appointment.   I do need to get a move on because I do have some cleanup to do from yesterday's classes.   I left ramps all over the tables. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

I'm planning to have school next week, but I'm not sure about after that.  I have two college kids coming home which will make continuing school difficult. 

Dh has been using ds20's bedroom for telework.  That will probably change, which will throw everything out of whack for a couple of weeks. 

We're also not sure how long the college kids will be here as they may have opportunities to work on campus during the break.  I already know that they're not going to like how locked down we've been here.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School and work!!

We have school Monday and Tuesday of next week and then the rest of the week plus two more weeks off.

We just finished reading “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” for literature. I had never read that book before, but it was so sweet, I just had to mention it.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We just finished reading “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” for literature. I had never read that book before, but it was so sweet, I just had to mention it.

I love that story!  

We are finishing up with Our Town - we should do a Christmas story next week.  We read that one last year, so maybe something different.  We haven't read "The Cricket on the Hearth" (Dickens) for a few years - that's one of my favorites.  Or maybe we could do Skipping Christmas, which I have read but I don't think anyone else has.

• Like 1

I am here. Had three great meetings with parents. Went to my mom & dad’s house for dinner. Had the best chile verde. She didn’t make it, though. I love chile verde. Now I am in soft jammies snuggled up in bed trying to figure out some Christmas presents. My least favorite part of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I went to a little shop downtown to get something and thought I'd stop by the spice shop next door to get some nutmeg.  I bought three things that were not nutmeg. 🙄 But thanks to the Pestering Power of Texting, I did manage to remember to buy stamps at the post office.

Who are you calling a pest?  Hmmm? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I threw up around 4 this morning.  Tummy is still feeling squirmy.  And I'm hot.  But also cold.  Imma stay in bed and do Christmas shopping.  Can someone get me a glass of water?  tyvm.

Coffee! (?)

Stay in bed. Sounds like you caught some sort of bug. Ginger ale, saltine crackers for you, Missy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I forgot to mention that dd22 came home yetserday!  So. Much. Excitement!  Puppy is thrilled and sits by her chair with his chin on her knee.😊

It's a Home For The Holidays Booyah! 

Deck the halls with booya, hooyah!

Falalalala!

This the season to be Booyah!

Falalalala! All alfalfa!

Fah lah lah lah lah, lah lah Booyah! (Jean)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

You went to the chat board before you came here?  Priorities!  <Toe-tappy guy>

I used to do a thing where I read all unread thread titles once a week, read what's relevant and mark the forum read, but I've been so tired it's been a few months. Tring to catch up. Did chat, General an K-8. I have to eat dinner though...

• Like 2

Did some character art today and wrote all the things. I'm trying to finish three manuscripts by December 30, which means I write most of the morning, afternoons, and evenings now. In fact, I'm supposed to be writing right now, but I had to sketch a bug and eat. 

Good thing that's not reversed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

I used to do a thing where I read all unread thread titles once a week, read what's relevant and mark the forum read, but I've been so tired it's been a few months. Tring to catch up. Did chat, General an K-8. I have to eat dinner though...

Ahem.  You're still not convincing me that all the other boards are more important than ITT.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I drank some tea and now my tummy feels weird again.  My brain has been totally useless today.  I made so many mistakes on my embroidery thing that I thought I was going nuts.  Alas.  Another one is finished.  3 done, 3 to go.

I'm signing up for another obedience class with Sir Pups-a-lot, at a different place though.  I am hoping by spring we can do one of their agility classes like Juliet.  ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm coming up with a bucket list for next year. We spent our first year here mostly inside because Matt was constantly working and our second year here mostly inside because of the plague, so I want to go outside. Has to be cheap. Give me ideas.

BBQ by the pool

Tubing

Stargazing

Visit a lake or watering hole

• Like 3