Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I gave Juliet her breakfast and could not figure out why she was just sitting there looking at me and not eating it.  I forgot to sprinkle the tiny amount of treats on top.  🙄  Spoiled dog. 

Yep.  

Last week when Chester was having all the tummy problems, we would give him scrambled eggs and then a special canned food from the vet, and now that he is back to regular old kibble, he's feeling a bit put out, lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Yep.  

Last week when Chester was having all the tummy problems, we would give him scrambled eggs and then a special canned food from the vet, and now that he is back to regular old kibble, he's feeling a bit put out, lol.

Next time do boiled chicken and rice. 

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Christmas shopping done

I was about to brag that I beat you by 2 days but I forgot I have a nephew...

• Like 3

I hate it when I send a child on time out and then forget about her. Baby whacked her sister because sister beat Baby to answering the phone. So, Baby got sent to her room for a while. And then, sometime later I hear, “Mommy..... can I come off of time-out now?”  (Insert Head-whacking guy)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have not made a gift list yet, much less begun shopping.  I think we are finally nearly all set for dd17's birthday on Friday.

I haven’t even begun to think about shopping yet. I thought I was doing great by ordering our Christmas cards. Apparently I am waaaaay behind.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My poor kitteh Lupin has something going on with his tummy: he throws up everything. He's been to the vet twice, they've done x-rays which are all normal, I've tried every kind of kibble as well as single-ingredient canned food (lamb, which he threw up while he was eating). He's been eating prescription kibble for a couple of months; at first he was fine, but then he started throwing up that stuff daily. So my cousin recommended an elevated, tilted food bowl, which she said worked wonders for her pukey cat. I bought one. So far the only improvement is that he's throwing up liquid instead of undigested food. o_0

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Next time do boiled chicken and rice. 

I was about to brag that I beat you by 2 days but I forgot I have a nephew...

I win! 

This reminds me once of when we were going through customs after seeing family over Christmas.  They asked if we had anything to declare.  We said "no".  They said "No?  Not even Christmas presents?"  I told him, "They don't like us very much. . . "  (We really didn't get any presents but then we hadn't given any either.) 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I haven’t even begun to think about shopping yet. I thought I was doing great by ordering our Christmas cards. Apparently I am waaaaay behind.  

I haven't done Christmas cards.  I am on the fence on if I should do them.  I was on the fence last year too but ended up doing them.  I won't write a letter this year anyway.  There is nothing that I want to share with anyone who I'm not in more immediate contact with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

My poor kitteh Lupin has something going on with his tummy: he throws up everything. He's been to the vet twice, they've done x-rays which are all normal, I've tried every kind of kibble as well as single-ingredient canned food (lamb, which he threw up while he was eating). He's been eating prescription kibble for a couple of months; at first he was fine, but then he started throwing up that stuff daily. So my cousin recommended an elevated, tilted food bowl, which she said worked wonders for her pukey cat. I bought one. So far the only improvement is that he's throwing up liquid instead of undigested food. o_0

This is Neko.  He's gotten better - he only throws up about once a week now rather than daily.  I do the elevated tilted bowl plus mix pumpkin in with the canned "hairball control" food in the a.m. and Fortiflora kitty probiotics mixed in with the rest of the canned hairball control food in the the evening. 

• Like 2

I haven't really started Christmas shopping yet.  I know what I"m getting for the most part, I just have to do it.   We don't really have much to buy though.  All the grandparents are getting picture calendars.  Oldest dd is getting a lock box for her important papers, my mom also has a birthday so I think we're getting her wireless headphones.  Youngest dd is also getting wireless headphones.  Ds is getting an ipod.    

I got nothing for dh but we tend to buy house stuff and wrap it for each other.  

I'll run into Walmart early one morning before it gets crowded for little stocking stuffer stuff.  

• Like 2

Okay, this thread prompted a conversation with dh and I just ordered ds's ipod.  

I'm being lazy this morning.   I don't have class until 11:30 but it's one of my long days that go until 2:30pm, didn't meet with dd since she asked to meet tomorrow, so I'm taking it slow and easy this morning.  My joints have been achy for the past week or so and I haven't been sleeping well.  Pretty sure it's due to all the sugary food I've been eating.   Baked goods in particular seem to cause achy joints.  But stuff like Nips candy don't.  It's so weird. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morning. Pukey cat sounds like he might need further diagnostics. 

I'm here. I wasn't around much yesterday because I was finishing up NaNoWriMo and then kind of goofed off for the rest of the day. I wrote over 150,000 words for the month of November, and I figure I earned a little goofing off time for that. 

On to December and finishing all the things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

Can this week be over now?  Please?

1 hour ago, Carolina Wren said:

All in favor?

Aye! 🙋‍♀️

Oh please, please, please..... I need an extended vacation at the island. Work is crazy and I have a UTI. Just like that. My body doesn’t ease into them anymore. I don’t feel them coming. Just.... boom..... I’m symptomatic all of the sudden, I pull out an AZO test strip and there you go. 

• Sad 3

I just sent dd18 a message telling her that I saw her in a video on her school's facebook page.  She says that she wasn't at that event and it wasn't her.  The girl in the video is wearing a mask, so I can't see all of her facial features, but she looks so much like my dd -- the kind of clothes and shoes she's wearing, her hairstyle, even the way she's standing and looking at the camera.  Now I want to know what this other girl really looks like!

• Like 4

I had to take Cujo to doggy daycare across the street.  I started out by taking her for a walk this morning for potty time instead of putting her in the yard to eat the roofers.  But once they started coming inside to install a skylight type thingy (solartube) she went absolute nuts.  So now she's hanging out and playing with her puppy bff across the street plus a number of other dogs. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am beat. I had a good talk with my doctor. I have four prescriptions, none of which the #@$&# Afsa has ready. I helped DS with an Analysis Paragraph on ch. 3 of Animal Farm, I admired an opossum on our back fence and finished the dishes. I am ready to go to bed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

The wind machines are running. I don’t think it’s even that cold outside, it sounds like a flock of helicopters.

School and work today.

The Afsa had better have my prescription ready this morning, I think I am done with their pharmacy. We went there when we didn’t have insurance because it was significantly cheaper, but their service really stinks. I think we will start up with CVS again.

• Like 5

Morning.   I can't remember if I ever posted yesterday.  This week is kind of a blur.  

Today is one of my long days, 3 classes with fairly involved activities.  Although yesterday was supposed to be an easy day, just 2 classes, yet after just one class I was exhausted and felt like I had been running for hours.  The activity was a big crazy so that's probably why. 

This weekend I have got to do laundry.  Didn't do any last weekend since we were away and I'm running out of clothes.   

I think I want to run to our Habitat Restore and see if I can find a desk for my teacher.  Right now she has a table in a window nook in the room where she teachers, that is also our lobby/entryway (bigger than the room she was using so can spread out more).  Kids are always playing with the stuff on her desk, especially when she's not there.  We have a screen for the classroom portion that can be moved around but a desk would allow drawers/shelves, plus we could rearrange so things weren't so out there.  

• Like 5

In just three days, Mr. Ellie and I will be boarding a plane (aka "flying petrie dish") to Orlando, where we will stay at our timeshare for the next week. Sunday evening we'll have dinner at Disney Springs, and on Monday we'll be at the Magic Kingdom. We are beyond excited.

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2