Menu

Ignore this thread!

30 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm coming up with a bucket list for next year. We spent our first year here mostly inside because Matt was constantly working and our second year here mostly inside because of the plague, so I want to go outside. Has to be cheap. Give me ideas.

BBQ by the pool

Tubing

Stargazing

Visit a lake or watering hole

You've been there 2 years?  That cannot be right.  🤪🤯

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm coming up with a bucket list for next year. We spent our first year here mostly inside because Matt was constantly working and our second year here mostly inside because of the plague, so I want to go outside. Has to be cheap. Give me ideas.

BBQ by the pool

Tubing

Stargazing

Visit a lake or watering hole

Walk around the city downtown area and look at buildings and construction.

Go to the farmer's market.  

Walk / play at a nearby park or playground.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I woke up around 4:30 and finally got up at 6.  Took puppy on his morning constitutional.  Alone.  In the dark.  In the rain.  Hen did piddly stuff.  There are a couple stores I want to visit today.  Ds16 has scouts, The Youngers are playing in a zoom recital, and I have an online mandolin lesson.  But first...

Coffee!

• Like 4

I worked (mostly fun). I typed up school schedules for next week (pretty light actually). I cleaned the refrigerator (it was horrible). I let the boy see the new seed catalog (Mom, if I can get a big one of that variety, I'm seeing blue ribbons). I sketched a character from one of my projects, a praying mantis who wears a top hat with a daisy in the hatband (don't ask--it's better not to). I sketched the baby on watercolor paper (so sweet). Now I have a headache and have to walk dogs (maybe one thing will help the other). Then I have to go to the store, purchase fast food, come home, disinfect, and eat. (Overscheduled, much?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Slache said:

So I said we were going to Big Bend but it's booked for like a year and a half so we're going to Garner State Park which is only 2 hours away. It's really cool. Same amazing sky because it's the middle of nowhere, good hikes, stables, tubing. 

I love tubing!  When do we leave?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Happy 3rd Sunday of Advent!

I’m in the middle of the early service. Ds16 and I are playing for services today. This morning’s sermon is “Christ, Our Certain Hope” - I Thessalonians 5:23-24.  

I should be home around 2:30. I need to get some Christmas stuff/Amazon shopping done.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

I got home, shoved some food in me (because breakfast at 6am and lunch at 2:45 makes for a Very Hungry Mommy), took a weekly photo of me with Pup, and then snuggled in the covers and looked at stuff until I fell asleep for almost 2 hours.  We'll do Advent in a little bit.  Ds25 is at a friend's house so may not be here and dd22 is isolating herself from us Just In Case, so she may do Advent from her bedroom.  

Haven't done anything useful yet. 

• Like 2