Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I survived the Afsa. Shelves are empty there. I hate that place. I don’t know why I go. I’m having a cup of tea right now. I am foregoing my afternoon COFFEE!!!~D because tea is calorie free. Technically coffee is, too,  but not the way I drink it. 🤣

Why are the shelves empty?  That's so weird.

Good morning!  Happy 2nd Sunday of Advent!

I was having a bad dream that my dad was driving us somewhere late at night and I could tell he was falling asleep.  Fortunately, dh woke me up with the news that puppy threw up "all over the place" (really, just in his crate), and could I help with that.  So dog bed is cleaned off and in the laundry, crate has been scrubbed down, puppy has been pottied and shampooed.

Gotta leave in 45 minutes for church.  Sunday School has been cancelled and no one is doing anything for services, so we'll be home early.  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

I'm on a national park kick. There's a national park trekking game which is why I asked. I think we're going to Big Bend (West Texas) in September. Great Smokies in a few years. I added a book to my cart. It has the main 62 parks but includes monuments, battlefields, historic sights, yada yada yada. Says 400+ locations. It'll be a good reference.

• Like 3

Almost time for bed.  Last load of laundry is in the dryer (to be fair, the clean clothes are mostly unfolded in baskets), dishes were done, school is set up for the week, classes all planned for the week, I did work at the science center, shared class pics on Facebook (usually do on Friday, I'm running late).   Now one last visit here and I do my before bed off-screen relaxation. 

Good Night y'all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if Critter made it back OK.     

I caught puppy sniffing the trash can and made a horrible noise.  Hopefully he has been scarred for life and will avoid it forevermore! Lol.  Next up will be the Christmas Tree edition.

I ordered some stuff, made some lists, and fixed a thing or three.  We did Advent candles, reading, singing, etc.  I was vexed to discover, after the Advent Song booklets were completed, a typo on The Holly and the Ivy.  "merry ortan" instead of "merry organ".  🙄  Oh well, I'm not going to search for a correct edition and take apart the books and put them back together just for that.  As much as it pains me.

I think my brain is done for the day!   

• Like 2

Today was the last agility class and I'm sad.  The next group of sessions are all booked.  I totally blipped on needing to sign up weeks earlier.  Oh well.  Tomorrow I will call and see about signing up for January.  Juliet has such a blast.  I really think that of all the dogs there, she shows just absolute joy at all the obstacles.  Many of the other dogs have to be coaxed through or are rather meh about it. 

I figured out a couple of training hacks with her.  If I put her in a sit-stay then I can go to the other end of the obstacle and can then call her to complete it.  (Not rocket science but it took me a few weeks to think of it.)  Also - she's been so reactive to men and some other dogs.  I am making her focus on me whenever she starts barking and putting her through some training exercises.  It breaks her fixation on whatever she's barking at. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I discovered this morning that the HVAC guys are coming this morning to check the systems.  Bah.  I am scrambling to get things done and settled so I can go get my hairs cut.  And I'm having a sudden attack of severe cramps.  Need to go recline before I pass out.  Wonder if it's a kidney stone?

Coffee!

Pass Out the Booyahs!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm up and back from the places.  It went just like the previous episode - 40 minutes after ibuprofen I felt OK enough to move.  Except then I was freezing and just wanted to sleep.  Went to get my haircut (she did a great job!) and then next door to Publix.  I found some vegetarian things for dd22 and remembered to get shampoo for the girls and bandaids.  We go through bandaids like there's no tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We have a copycat monolith in San Antonio. If you don't understand that statement consider yourself lucky. Isaac is trying to crawl.

Might be the same one.  The other was taken away. I think the aliens got bored of crop circles.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Haha 1