Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Children's choir/devotion went well and that's done for the fall, and I sang with the Advent choir rehearsal, though I probably won't sing in the choir for the actual singing thing.  Usually play violin for that.  

I am looking forward to pie.  😊

What kind of pie???

• Like 3

Coffee's on!  

Susan, hmmm.... I've never had surgery other than after a miscarriage, so I don't have personal experience....  This is just brainstorming:  Recovery time and what recovery is like?  If there are limitations, how long do they last?  Is medication needed afterwards (aside from pain)?  How long is the hospital stay or is it out-patient?  What are risks of this surgery?  What are risks of not doing this surgery?  If it's something that can be delayed, does delaying come with additional risk?  Follow up appointment?  Stitches removal?    

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

What kind of pie???

Pumpkin and apple!

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Hmmm. I’m not sure.  I think there should be some questions, but I don’t know what they might be.

I'm looking it up online.

16 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

First look him/her up on the medical board.

Good idea!

1 minute ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee's on!  

Susan, hmmm.... I've never had surgery other than after a miscarriage, so I don't have personal experience....  This is just brainstorming:  Recovery time and what recovery is like?  If there are limitations, how long do they last?  Is medication needed afterwards (aside from pain)?  How long is the hospital stay or is it out-patient?  What are risks of this surgery?  What are risks of not doing this surgery?  If it's something that can be delayed, does delaying come with additional risk?  Follow up appointment?  Stitches removal?    

Writing this down.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

What questions do I need to ask of someone to whom I have been referred to do surgery on me?  

OK - so aside from checking medical license and that kind of thing, the most important question to ask is how often they do this surgery.  

(FWIW, parathyroid surgery is not particularly dangerous and I could likely put it off for quite a while without major consequences.  No worries.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

OK - so aside from checking medical license and that kind of thing, the most important question to ask is how often they do this surgery.  

(FWIW, parathyroid surgery is not particularly dangerous and I could likely put it off for quite a while without major consequences.  No worries.)

I have friends in the area who are nurses, drs, ect so their opinions mean more to me than most. I tend to ask the typical questions of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. I also Google to see what their reputation is. I want to know how often/many of this exact surgery they do and how many were unsuccessful. I don't want a dr to beat around the bush or sugar-coat things, I value a straight shooter. Just give me the facts. I could care less if the dr is the biggest butt on the planet if they are known for being one of the best at their job.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 7:49 AM, Familia said:

Hmm, not sure about interpretation, but my first 12 are pretty much my only used ones:

image.png.0580bb07541671e05571d718b71b1728.png

J Cleaning up new years party supplies all month.

F Cat has an eye infection.

M Coffee colon cleanse.

A Cat needs her teeth cleaned.

M You practice a heart of gold.

J Sunny.

J You practice a heart of strawberries.

A Cat discovers strawberries.

S Dog does, too.

O Buy Slache flowers.

N Buy Lynn flowers.

D You die?

I don't think any of this is true except for the flower thing. You have dysregulated emojis.

On 11/17/2020 at 8:24 AM, DorothyNJ said:

My 12:

😳 It's still happening.

😮 IT'S STILL HAPPENING!

😊 It's over.

👍 Oh my gosh it's actually over.

😉 Hanky panky to celebrate the over.

🙂 See previous month.

🙄 Slache is so annoying.

😅 But sometimes funny.

🤪 Edibles legalized in NJ.

😘 Chocolate kisses for Halloween.

🥰 Seeing family for Thanksgiving!

Not sure this one is allowed. Christmas does not go well.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:24 PM, Susan in TN said:

Have you ever seen dogs at the dog park trying to herd other dogs?  There was a dog the other day who kept "soft biting" Chester's neck and ears and it looked to me like he was trying to herd Chester.  Or mother him.  He does look like a fluffy brown sheep, lol.  Chester did not appreciate it much.

Yep. This is a normal thing.

On 11/17/2020 at 2:14 PM, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

Does anyone know if Crash Course History on YouTube is Christian or Secular?

Secular but workable. Contains adult content.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:21 AM, Servant4Christ said:

Yes.

20 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Writing. It's NaNo time after all!

John, too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Ellie said:

This looks cool.

I remember the first one you posted of this group the first year this thread started. I can't find it anymore, though. 😞  And that one wahini(?) one that you posted, so strong. Turned out to be a fertility  dance. Awesome. Can't find that one either.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Renai said:

I remember the first one you posted of this group the first year this thread started. I can't find it anymore, though. 😞  And that one wahini(?) one that you posted, so strong. Turned out to be a fertility  dance. Awesome. Can't find that one either.

I wonder if I can find it? Doesn't the software keep track of our posts?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Happy Nirthday, Jean!

Off to the lake shortly. Hoping for a big word day.

Supercalifrajalistidexpialidosious.   There’s a big word for you. Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious. If you say it loud enough you’ll always sound precocious....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning. It's Friday!!!!!   Last day before my first break in 10 weeks.    My first 8 week session is always without a break (no holidays), but I usually take off between the first and second session.  Didn't this year because Labor Day was so late it would have pushed things too close to Thanksgiving.   I'm tired and really could use a break to get done all the things that have been getting neglected.    House is mostly done, inside is all done for now, so I can also work on that.  

Just two classes today, all teenagers so not too hard.    I like teenagers and find them easier than younger kids,  

• Like 4

Morning. I need to walk another 1.5 miles and then decide if I'm going for a 10K day today or another day. I want one for this NaNoWriMo to go with all the other things I'm smashing.

ETA: A NaNoWhyMo Booyah!

(Because I can....)

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Today our charter starts Thanksgiving break. Usually I would just do school anyway,  it I am so tired, I don’t even care. I slept in and I have a bit to do for work, but I am not making the kids do school. Except for DS who is behind in everything.

I go to the doctor today to find out the results of all the tests she ordered to see why I have this cough. I’ve had it since June. I don’t think the tests are going to be conclusive at all. And I think she’s going to tell me to go get an endoscopy.

• Sad 6

I'm up, I'm up already!

Got up at 7:30 and ate breakfast and then went back to bed.  The house is fairly disastrous, but I can't seem to get myself to do anything.  Getting out of bed was a big challenge - I bribed myself with some of Lynn's coffee.  Imma find one little spot to tidy.

Dd22 might be coming home today. 

• Like 5

Krissi, you back from the doctor yet?

Before I started on this health/diet thing I had started coughing - just a little irritated coughing, no congestion.  Not sure how to describe it.  I didn't feel irritation but my breath would just sort of catch and I'd cough.  It was starting to happen regularly throughout the day.  It stopped completely within a week or two after starting the diet program.  I don't know what aspect caused it to stop, but it was before I actually lost much weight.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi, you back from the doctor yet?

Before I started on this health/diet thing I had started coughing - just a little irritated coughing, no congestion.  Not sure how to describe it.  I didn't feel irritation but my breath would just sort of catch and I'd cough.  It was starting to happen regularly throughout the day.  It stopped completely within a week or two after starting the diet program.  I don't know what aspect caused it to stop, but it was before I actually lost much weight.

No, my appointment is at 2:15 PST. My cough is not a lung cough. And it’s not a scratchy throat. The menthol in cough drops seems to numb it, but I end up eating about a dozen or more cough drops a day. And the alcohol sweetener is making my intestines a mess. And I’m just achy due to the coughing and the cough drops I eat. If I don’t take a cough drop when I start coughing then I cough so bad I stimulate my gag reflex (tmi, I know) and it’s just awful. They did a chest X-ray, sinus X-ray, breathing test, I’m on Prilosec, in case it’s GERD. I will find out the results of the xrays today. The Prilosec isn’t helping.

• Sad 3