Menu

Ignore this thread!

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Why is my 11yo baby an inch taller than me?

I've seriously wondered over the years if this is a side effect of our food supply being tampered with via hormones, chemicals, and such. The generations younger than me are just so much BIGGER! I'm not talking weight, either. They're TALL... like GIANTS!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

Well, the Raiders won, I talked to my SIL for a while about Thanksgiving, I helped DS understand a poem for his English class (I don’t know if he understood it, well, he probably could understand it if he cared 🙄) and made roasted veggies and brown rice for my lunch every day this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had fewer dogs today at agility so they all got a good workout.  And so did us humans!  I thought it kind of funny that the two young women with young dogs threw in the towel earlier than us middle aged ladies.  

We practiced jumps, dog walk (the balance beam), A frame, tunnel, table and weave poles.  Juliet did the taller dog walk when no one was there but stuck to the smaller one when she had the distraction of other dogs.  We also learned the chute (a "collapsed" tunnel of fabric that the dog pushes through) and the teeter totter.

Juliet was able to do some of it off leash.  She loves it so much.

Before class the dogs ran around together off leash and did fine.  But then I accidentally got a treat too close to an Aussie male and Juliet and he got into it.  We had to keep them separated the rest of the time.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We had fewer dogs today at agility so they all got a good workout.  And so did us humans!  I thought it kind of funny that the two young women with young dogs threw in the towel earlier than us middle aged ladies.  

We practiced jumps, dog walk (the balance beam), A frame, tunnel, table and weave poles.  Juliet did the taller dog walk when no one was there but stuck to the smaller one when she had the distraction of other dogs.  We also learned the chute (a "collapsed" tunnel of fabric that the dog pushes through) and the teeter totter.

Juliet was able to do some of it off leash.  She loves it so much.

Before class the dogs ran around together off leash and did fine.  But then I accidentally got a treat too close to an Aussie male and Juliet and he got into it.  We had to keep them separated the rest of the time.  

I have a friend who never thought she was a dog person, but a couple of years ago got a dog for her daughter. The daughter wasn’t too interested,so the dog became my friend’s responsibility. She goes to all those type of classes with her dog and just loves them. Now I never see her without her dog. They are quite a pair.

• Like 6

Good morning! The Queen has visited on her favorite day!

I just got out of my parathyroid scan - tried to post in the waiting room but they were too quick to call me in. I have to come back in 2 hours to get a second set done. 

I’m heading back home for a bit. 

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Went to bed with a headache and woke up with a headache, but caffeine this morning seems to be helping.

School went well with the youngers.  They both finished their work quickly this morning.  Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

Oh, joy of joys: it's MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is your favorite day of the week but I fail to understand why. Hmmm...

💡 Aha! Now that I think about it, maybe it's because it's a brand new week with a fresh start after the much needed weekend to recharge and regroup. 🎉

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Went to bed with a headache and woke up with a headache, but caffeine this morning seems to be helping.

School went well with the youngers.  They both finished their work quickly this morning.  Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it!

As in school's done for the day?! Wow! I am not that efficient. 😂

• Like 2

Technology PO?

I am trying to do something and I know there has to be an efficient way to do it but it's just not coming to mind. I have pics of the covers of each book on our historical literature list. How do I format them all to the same size and print them all the same size? I want to cut them out and place them on a timeline along with all the events we're studying to give Oldest an idea of what each time period was like in a more visual way since he's already read the majority of the books before we've gotten that far in history. 

11 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

As in school's done for the day?! Wow! I am not that efficient. 😂

We school year round.  It works better for us to have a routine every.single.day.  It also helps with retention, especially in math.

We used to work until lunchtime, but when my migraines hit a few years ago, our days got shorter.  We are a little bit behind in some subjects, but not bad.

My high schoolers work longer, but most of their work is done independently.

Right now my littlest two (grades 5 and 7) only do actual schoolwork for about an hour a day.  They both prefer doing all of one subject at a time, so for instance dd10 did Bible today and dd12 chose Language.

Dd10 did four pages of Bible (2 days worth in "regular" school).  It was all I assigned her because she is ahead in this subject.  Dd12 did 6 pages of Language.  She is actually a little bit behind (she's in the 6th grade book), but we don't do grammar after 6th grade, so she is ok to be behind because she finishes when she finishes. (She will probably be finished by Christmas.)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Junie said:

We school year round.  It works better for us to have a routine every.single.day.  It also helps with retention, especially in math.

We used to work until lunchtime, but when my migraines hit a few years ago, our days got shorter.  We are a little bit behind in some subjects, but not bad.

My high schoolers work longer, but most of their work is done independently.

Right now my littlest two (grades 5 and 7) only do actual schoolwork for about an hour a day.  They both prefer doing all of one subject at a time, so for instance dd10 did Bible today and dd12 chose Language.

Dd10 did four pages of Bible (2 days worth in "regular" school).  It was all I assigned her because she is ahead in this subject.  Dd12 did 6 pages of Language.  She is actually a little bit behind (she's in the 6th grade book), but we don't do grammar after 6th grade, so she is ok to be behind because she finishes when she finishes. (She will probably be finished by Christmas.)

Now that I see your "littles" are older than Oldest, this makes more sense. 😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Now that I see your "littles" are older than Oldest, this makes more sense. 😂

Yeah, I guess they're not really little anymore.  But we called them that for so long the name has kind of stuck.  Plus, physically, they are still little.  (Note: see my thread on the chat board about growth hormone.) 😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Technology PO?

I am trying to do something and I know there has to be an efficient way to do it but it's just not coming to mind. I have pics of the covers of each book on our historical literature list. How do I format them all to the same size and print them all the same size? I want to cut them out and place them on a timeline along with all the events we're studying to give Oldest an idea of what each time period was like in a more visual way since he's already read the majority of the books before we've gotten that far in history. 

I did a project like this once - we had a "reading tree" on the wall - the leaves were book covers.  I did it on a PC, not sure how it would work on a mac or whatnot.  I started a WORD document and put a bunch of "text boxes" on it of the size I wanted. Then I copied and pasted the pictures of the book covers into the text boxes and adjusted them to the size I wanted.  Then printed them out.  Easy peasy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

💡 Aha! Now that I think about it, maybe it's because it's a brand new week with a fresh start after the much needed weekend to recharge and regroup. 🎉

Pretty much. 🙂

When the dc were little, we did library on Wednesday, field trip on Thursday, clean house/monthly park day on Friday, goof off with Mr. Ellie on Saturday, church on Sunday, possibly more goofing off, so Monday and Tuesday were the days we could just stay home without having to think about going anywhere. Just get up in the morning, have a leisurely breakfast, eventually do Official School Stuff. It was restful. 🙂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I know this is your favorite day of the week but I fail to understand why. Hmmm...

On a Monday through Friday schedule (I can't wait to get back to that) I liked Mondays the best because it was my most productive day.

• Like 3

According to a post that I saw on Facebook, your first 12 emojis are supposed to represent your 2021. Play with me.

J:🐍I don't know if this is Jacky or Satan.

F:🦐 Valentine's Day dinner?

M:🦀 Hubby birthday dinner! I didn't know we would have so much money next year.

A:🙄 Yeah.

M:🔪 Help?

J:🚥 This is when SIL comes, so yeah.

J: 🥀Hot. So hot the flowers are melting.

A:🦆That's a duck.

S: ❄ Hmmm...

O:💃🏼There's a dance DVD I've been eyeing. I guess that's when I'll have the time.

N:This is when in-laws come so I'm assuming some kind of explosives.

D:🥂 Matt's going to forget I hate champagne and get it for my birthday.

• Haha 2

J 😂 - because Apocalypse II

F 🥰 - the Month of Love

M 🤣 - commence insanity over medical bills

A 😬 - now worried

M 😀 - Two kids graduating!

J 🍰 - because leftover graduation cake

J ❤️ - July rhymes with pie

A ❄️ - Apocalypse III

S 😭 - try to remember the days of September 

O 😈 - true self is revealed 

N 🏋️‍ - Jeannie 

D 🐄 - I get a dairy cow for Christmas?

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

🤣   Laughing at Slache

😜   No way I'm this happy in February

😬   Gritting teeth to get to spring break - if there is one

🙄   Probably broke down and read the chat board

🎂   Cake!  Who needs a reason?

🎉   June, schools out!  Woo-hoo!

❤️   Youngest's birthday month

💓  A sustaining hug for starting a new school year.  You can do it!

😘   A good bye kiss for college kids (though they probably leave in August, lol)

😊   Fake it til you make it.  It's October.

😭   Reminiscing about 2020?

😱   Maybe we'll have a college graduate?  

I'm not very good at this game.  Plus, I need to up my emo usage - pretty boring evidently.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

🤣   Laughing at Slache

😜   No way I'm this happy in February

😬   Gritting teeth to get to spring break - if there is one

🙄   Probably broke down and read the chat board

💓  A sustaining hug for starting a new school year.  You can do it!

😘   A good bye kiss for college kids (though they probably leave in August, lol)

😊   Fake it til you make it.  It's October.

😭   Reminiscing about 2020?

😱   Maybe we'll have a college graduate?  

I'm not very good at this game.  Plus, I need to up my emo usage - pretty boring evidently.  

🤣   Laughing at Slache

😜   On narcotics, because February

😬   I owe HOW MUCH in taxes!?

🙄   Slache is getting on my nerves again

💓  New pool boy

😘   Still new pool boy

😊   Found some leftover narcotics

😭   Thanksgiving!

😱   Holiday weight gain  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🥰 January - I’m going to go away for my birthday

💕February - DH gets me something for Valentine’s Day

😆 March - just kidding

❤️  April - Valentine’s Fay again

😡 May - still in lock down

🎵 June - I join a rock band

🐱 July - I gets me another kitty

😴 August - I sleep all month

😭 September - cutting a lot of onions

🍫 October - visit Hershey, Pennsylvania

🚗 November - I get  new car

🏆 December - I win a major award

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

Massive migraine. 😞  I told the kids that I have a headache and I need help -- that I need to throw everything at it.  So far they have brought be an ice pack, a baby Coke, a peach tea, and a pile of fun-size Mounds bars.  They also brought my breakfast because they know I can't take meds on an empty stomach.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Oops, sorry about that.  Second mistake!  First, sent that to DS by accident & I am sure he is ????? Then, I do not use the first bow... where’d that come from?  So, I guess my year will be goofy, floral and full of flowers.  I am TRYING to stay positive.

On the dog front, what am I doing wrong?  @Jean in Newcastle I would love to do agility classes.  Our laid back pup is so reactive to other dogs, not aggressive, but she pulls & barks. And, she weighs 80 lbs!  Very well trained to everyday house commands/laid back with guests, but...I read about dogs in classes and wonder if she’d get over it?!? 

• Like 3