Menu

Ignore this thread!

18 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Reminding Chester of a rule that is especially important for anyone with the word "doodle" in his ancestry.

If it's not food, water, or ice, it does not go in your mouth!

I know - what is with them?!?  Sometimes we catch him with something in his mouth and he will trade it for a treat, but sometimes he tries to swallow it quick before we get a chance to pry his mouth open.  His obedience to the "drop it" command is pretty sporadic.  

It reminds me of Elf eating gum off the subway railing.  🤢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

London broil is in the crockpot. I guess that I can't broil it without a stove/oven. 

Do you have a blowtorch?

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

I was not looking for flan but I found flan so now there's flan in my cart because I need flan.

Do you have a blowtorch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry to drop in so sporadically. Busy busy around here.

Thought you'd all get a kick out of Newbie wearing 2t PJs to bed tonight. Ran out of PJs and didn't have time to dry them before bedtime. They aren't even that big on him. Just a little long in the arms and legs. They're the stretchy long johns type. 

Goodnight all!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Sorry to drop in so sporadically. Busy busy around here.

Thought you'd all get a kick out of Newbie wearing 2t PJs to bed tonight. Ran out of PJs and didn't have time to dry them before bedtime. They aren't even that big on him. Just a little long in the arms and legs. They're the stretchy long johns type. 

Goodnight all!

I remember that my mom said my little brother wore size 2T when he was 3 months old.  My "little" brother in now 6'1".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Chester did not poop out any zippers or weird things this morning.  Yesterday when dh was walking him in the park, they came across another goldendoodle just a couple months older and dh took a video of them playing together.  So much happiness! 😊

I have to go to the store to buy some fresh vegetables and apples and a couple other things that I forgot the other day.  It amazes me that I can have a check list right in front of my eyeballs and still forget to buy things.   

Dd11 is super excited to start cooking today. If I can get back home in time, I'd like to make those roast sweet potatoes and cranberries for lunch.

Coffee!

• Like 5

So we were debating Turkey vs duck.  DH came home with a turkey.  Decision made. He also bought boxed scalloped potatoes, jarred gravy, canned cranberry sauce, and pre-made pie crusts. He says to make it easier on me. Either he doesn’t get Thanksgiving or he hates my cooking. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Call me weird but I love creme brûlée and hate flan. Like, flan makes me gag.  It’s a mental thing that I have no control over.

You're weird.

25 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I almost took out the “like” in my post above, but then I decided it really did need to be there. Because, like, totally. Y’know?

I'm rubbing off on you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I made it back home alive!  It was a little iffy there for a bit.  Whole Foods, Lobby of Hobby, and Kroger.  Madhouses, every one of them.  But at least I found the things for Thanksgiving dinner and the Advent Calendar and a few little doodads for Dd22 & Roommates.  I couldn't find any Walker's shortbread, but maybe I can get dd11 to bake some.

I have to make a phone call and I don't wanna.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are you serious? Sure.

Yep. I thought of the adjectives I wanted to paint right away. Rosy and soft. So that's a good indicator that it would be a good picture for me to paint.

ETA: It's a paint all the things Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Yep. I thought of the adjectives I wanted to paint right away. Rosy and soft. So that's a good indicator that it would be a good picture for me to paint.

ETA: It's a paint all the things Booyah!

Isaac says #noh. Slache says you have to upload it.

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Who is it that mentioned Metaxes’ bio of Bonhoeffer?? It is such a good book.

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think Junie is reading it right now.

I actually just finished it a few days ago. 

I knew nothing about Dietrich Bonhoeffer when I started the book.  I really enjoyed it.  It was really long, but it was very well written.  I'm so glad I read it.  

• Like 2