Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Recommended Posts

Tomorrow I have three classes (hopefully!) and that's it, but dh's truck is back at the shop because the check engine light came on again.  He needs to take it for inspection this month so needs that taken care of.  So I get to get up really early to drive dh to work, or for him to drop me off at the classroom. 

Ugh, an early to rise booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kids deleted my WTM page off of my phone and now said phone is being stubborn about loading the forum. That and Captain had my phone for a while. Ahem!

What I did this afternoon was sit with Quiet Boy while he did his stuff and walked him through 2 tests. He did quite well-- 90% on both. Not bad considering he hasn't really taken tests before. I also walked him through writing a description of a childhood treasure. He chose his old teddy bear. The Girl met me this morning very proud of herself for writing a rather good for her 3 'chapter' story about a giant ant. I think she has seen Antman too many times. My morning was spent sitting with her while she did her stuff.

3 of us are sneezing and The Girl says her throat hurts. I really think it is the house. I can;t seem to get people well. They have all had flu shots.

I'm with Slache, I was cold today, too. I had to turn the heat up to 73 to keep everyone from shivering. Even then, most of the afternoon, 4 of the kids were covered up to their chins in their beds, a few with coats on. We are so Texans. Wool makes me itch.

I have The Girl in my room watching Mission Impossible: The First Movie. Captain is sleeping in her room while Uni Boy is home. He would not stop climbing into her bunk. 

I have an early morning tomorrow as it is the ARD meeting for ASD Boy. I'm not thinking about it much so I don't get myself into a tizzy. And that's about it.

Praying for Bookie, Baby Cheeto who will soon have his real name, and their family!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is such a big boy!  And so handsome!  ADORABLE!!!!  I'm so thankful to see your post and his beautiful picture!  ❤️❤️❤️

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Nirthday, Pamphlet!  Welcome to the world.

We haz another ITT baby! 🥰 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Junie said:

I am having a hard time imagining a 10 lb. baby as a pamphlet. 😉

He'll be a regular board book by next week!

(Lana came up with "Pamphlet" :wub:)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I am here after a busy day. Work and school. DS had a soccer game. It was freezing. And then it got foggy. Really foggy. It’s very foggy now. And I am still cold. When I get chilled I stay chilled. Even after some tasty soup and fresh bread for dinner,

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got most of my Christmas shopping online. I have some stocking stuffers to get at the Afsa, though. And I made photo books at Shutterfly for the Grandparents. Both sets of grandparents are at an age where they are downsizing and decluttering, so buying things is very difficult. Because they don’t want more “things”. They are trying to get rid of “things”. The last several years i’ve Just made them photo books of our family from the past year. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt picked this for his tombstone:

"He shall be buried with the burial of an ass..." -Jeremiah 22:19

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slache said:

"Congratulations! You've given birth to a toddler!" -my doc

My first really big baby was ds9 at about 9.5 lbs; he was born at a small hospital that didn't have a nursery, when I wanted some rest the nurses would take his bassinet back to the nurse station. They told me a funny story once when they brought him back--they had two babies at the nurse station, mine and a little five pounder. Some fellow came by and was cooing over the little bitty newborn baby, then turned to my twice as big baby and asked "and how old is that baby?" and was shocked to learn that he, too, was a newborn.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, I am here after a busy day. Work and school. DS had a soccer game. It was freezing. And then it got foggy. Really foggy. It’s very foggy now. And I am still cold. When I get chilled I stay chilled. Even after some tasty soup and fresh bread for dinner,

This is what hot baths are for.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIL is home. Insurance didn't see rehab as a necessity. I guess we'll just sit around until he falls again.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I didn't sleep well.  I woke up with a headache.

I am not amused.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dd11 told me a few minutes ago that it snowed.  I was prepared to be not amused by that, but then I looked at the window and saw less than a dusting of snow.  I'm good, but I bet it's cold out there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our snow was kind of a non-event. Maybe 2 inches?  and the roads are clear on their own.

Three classes today, then waiting around for an hour for dh to pick me up.  He decided that made more sense than me dropping him off.  I don't care either way, there's certainly stuff I can get done around here.  

I"m feeling out of sorts again and feel like there's something I should be doing but I don't know what it is.   Weird feeling.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!!!!

COGFEE!!!,~D

Humph Day!!!!

We have our gingerbread extravaganza today for our charter school. The girls’ houses look.... well, nothing like the pictures on Pinterest, but they are standing up. I have an IEP to sit in on, DS has a dentist appointment, girls have piano lessons and Awana is tonight. Thank goodness they serve dinner at church on Wed. Nights and it is good food.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, little(ish) Pamphlet! ❤️

 

I need to do all the things. Still don't know what we're doing for DS's nirthday; that should probably get nailed down this week. *sigh*

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kids have a fog delay this morning.😡😡😡😡😡 The fog was supposed to clear out last night around midnight. Everything in my day is overlapping. I have to take them to school at the same time I have to be at the gingerbread extravaganza. Well, they will have to be a little early and I guess I will be a little late. We live close enough to school that they could feasibly walk, but DH doesn’t like DD walking, because there is a sketchy neighborhood between us and the school.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Introducing Baby Boy Zablocki! 9 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches long. No name just yet, but perfect in every way.

More pictures and the story tomorrow. I'm tired.

20191210_212752.jpg

:wub::wub::wub:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning! I'm home today, but there's a ton of work to do here, too. No relaxing. Too much to do. And weekends are worse. I'm going to be crispy-fried by the end of December. But I'm letting some things drop off the list to do, and we'll just learn to live with dirty dishes in the sink and dirty laundry in the hamper at all times. It will get done. Eventually.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dd11 and dd9 just informed me of the following:

Jupiter would be the best planet to live on to build a really large Duolingo streak.  (Days are equivalent to 9.8 Earth hours.)

Venus would be the best planet to live on to keep a Duolingo streak.  (Days are equivalent to 243 Earth days.)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dd11 and dd9 just informed me of the following:

Jupiter would be the best planet to live on to build a really large Duolingo streak.  (Days are equivalent to 9.8 Earth hours.)

Venus would be the best planet to live on to keep a Duolingo streak.  (Days are equivalent to 243 Earth days.)

"But they would be dead on either planet." -John :rolleyes:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Slache said:

"But they would be dead on either planet." -John :rolleyes:

And then reality comes crashing in.😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Slache said:

"But they would be dead on either planet." -John :rolleyes:

Details, details.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning!

I took dd13 to a couple stores. Not terribly successful.  The fabric lady cut me a yard of fleece that was not in good condition so I brought it back and eventually got her to cut me another yard and then when we went to pay for it, it wasn't the kind that was on sale. :dry:  So then we went to whole foods and they didn't have any whole wheat lasagna noodles.  Then we went to the pet store and they didn't have the bird toy chain that dd13 wanted.  Then we walked next door to Kroger and they also didn't have whole wheat lasagna noodles. 

And now we're home and everyone is hungry.

More Coffee!

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! I'm home today, but there's a ton of work to do here, too. No relaxing. Too much to do. And weekends are worse. I'm going to be crispy-fried by the end of December. But I'm letting some things drop off the list to do, and we'll just learn to live with dirty dishes in the sink and dirty laundry in the hamper at all times. It will get done. Eventually.

You're singing my song!  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We named him Malachi Stephen. 🥰 He's a good nurser and a precious boy. I already can't imagine life without him. Dave brought all the kids down to see us this morning, and everyone agrees we've got a good baby.

The induction went well. They did the balloon thing and the Pitocin, and for about four hours I didn't notice much of a difference from the prodromal labor I'd been having for a week. Then I started getting really uncomfortable, so they turned off the Pitocin so I could take a shower. The next three hours were a blur, but I remember deciding I'm never doing this again and there will be no more babies for me, thankyouverymuch. (Dave reminded me I always say that, but I was not amused.) I also demanded an epidural, because holy God in heaven, I thought I might die from the contractions. They were every three minutes and lasted about a minute and a half each. The anesthesiologist had to poke me 3 times, and he gave me a spinal block instead of an epidural, but all I knew was a relief so intense that I fell asleep for about an hour. I woke up when the block began wearing off and I could feel the contractions again. I was not pleased, but it worked out okay because by then it was time to push, and I could feel enough to really dig deep and push hard. He was posterior along with the ginormous shoulders, but he turned a bot on entry and his shoulders didn't get stuck. Malachi joined us at 7:10 p.m. 

Dave bought me Chinese food and marveled over our baby while I ate like a horse. Malachi and I are healthy and fit, and will hopefully be going home tonight.

Thank you for your prayers. I thank God for this boy, and his safe arrival. 

I love that he's a pamphlet. 🥰

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I took dd13 to a couple stores. Not terribly successful.  The fabric lady cut me a yard of fleece that was not in good condition so I brought it back and eventually got her to cut me another yard and then when we went to pay for it, it wasn't the kind that was on sale. :dry:  So then we went to whole foods and they didn't have any whole wheat lasagna noodles.  Then we went to the pet store and they didn't have the bird toy chain that dd13 wanted.  Then we walked next door to Kroger and they also didn't have whole wheat lasagna noodles.

Must be going around. We got to the Y and found DS didn't have his ID to get in, then down the block to the store and there was nowhere to park (because the lunch crowd was still at the restaurants, and the shopping center was designed foolishly), so went to another store to at least get some of the things. Waste of 20 minutes' driving.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

We named him Malachi Stephen. 🥰 He's a good nurser and a precious boy. I already can't imagine life without him. Dave brought all the kids down to see us this morning, and everyone agrees we've got a good baby.

The induction went well. They did the balloon thing and the Pitocin, and for about four hours I didn't notice much of a difference from the prodromal labor I'd been having for a week. Then I started getting really uncomfortable, so they turned off the Pitocin so I could take a shower. The next three hours were a blur, but I remember deciding I'm never doing this again and there will be no more babies for me, thankyouverymuch. (Dave reminded me I always say that, but I was not amused.) I also demanded an epidural, because holy God in heaven, I thought I might die from the contractions. They were every three minutes and lasted about a minute and a half each. The anesthesiologist had to poke me 3 times, and he gave me a spinal block instead of an epidural, but all I knew was a relief so intense that I fell asleep for about an hour. I woke up when the block began wearing off and I could feel the contractions again. I was not pleased, but it worked out okay because by then it was time to push, and I could feel enough to really dig deep and push hard. He was posterior along with the ginormous shoulders, but he turned a bot on entry and his shoulders didn't get stuck. Malachi joined us at 7:10 p.m. 

Dave bought me Chinese food and marveled over our baby while I ate like a horse. Malachi and I are healthy and fit, and will hopefully be going home tonight.

Thank you for your prayers. I thank God for this boy, and his safe arrival. 

I love that he's a pamphlet. 🥰

So glad all went well, Bookie and that you and Malachi are healthy and happy.

If you don't mind, when you have a moment, would you please tell me the difference between an epidural and a spinal block?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

So glad all went well, Bookie and that you and Malachi are healthy and happy.

If you don't mind, when you have a moment, would you please tell me the difference between an epidural and a spinal block?

From my limited understanding, an epidural is a continuous drio, whereas a spinal block is a one-time thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

From my limited understanding, an epidural is a continuous drio, whereas a spinal block is a one-time thing.

Thankyou. I'll stick this new knowledge in my feather cap right beside the newly learned definition of "ripening."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

We named him Malachi Stephen. 🥰 He's a good nurser and a precious boy. I already can't imagine life without him. Dave brought all the kids down to see us this morning, and everyone agrees we've got a good baby.

The induction went well. They did the balloon thing and the Pitocin, and for about four hours I didn't notice much of a difference from the prodromal labor I'd been having for a week. Then I started getting really uncomfortable, so they turned off the Pitocin so I could take a shower. The next three hours were a blur, but I remember deciding I'm never doing this again and there will be no more babies for me, thankyouverymuch. (Dave reminded me I always say that, but I was not amused.) I also demanded an epidural, because holy God in heaven, I thought I might die from the contractions. They were every three minutes and lasted about a minute and a half each. The anesthesiologist had to poke me 3 times, and he gave me a spinal block instead of an epidural, but all I knew was a relief so intense that I fell asleep for about an hour. I woke up when the block began wearing off and I could feel the contractions again. I was not pleased, but it worked out okay because by then it was time to push, and I could feel enough to really dig deep and push hard. He was posterior along with the ginormous shoulders, but he turned a bot on entry and his shoulders didn't get stuck. Malachi joined us at 7:10 p.m. 

Dave bought me Chinese food and marveled over our baby while I ate like a horse. Malachi and I are healthy and fit, and will hopefully be going home tonight.

Thank you for your prayers. I thank God for this boy, and his safe arrival. 

I love that he's a pamphlet. 🥰

Well, Malachi is the last book in the Bible. Love the name! I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I had ginormous babies, too. They sleep better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...