Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.   Last night I had a beer with dinner, read a book, then went to bed.

Dh is still down by his mom, she was taken to the hospital last night and admitted.  

Kids have lots of school this week.  The usual subjects but I also added some current events (super easy stuff considering their ages but had to start somewhere), a note-taking workbook since they both stink at it, geography which is going to alternate with history.   Still haven't added chores and I took out the hour of reading they weren't doing anyway.  There's quite a bit of reading in the other things they are doing.  

• Like 6

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I actually slept past 3:30 this morning, so that's a happy start to the week!

I have to go to the dr. this morning to get labs done.  The place is hardly a mile from my house, so I might just walk there.

Otherwise it's a regular Monday.  Lessons, mandolin lesson, zoom choir thing for kids, Scouts.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

School and then staff meeting.  My particular group of teachers are known as the Rebels because we insist on having our staff meetings in person, having lunch together and bringing our kids. We are also the closest knit group and get along the best. Geee. I wonder why,🙄

It’s supposed to finally cool off this week. There is even a slight chance of rain next weekend, which would be most welcome.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

This people on the west coast was sleeping until Juliet decided that dh sneaking around was actually someone there to murder me. She’s louder than an alarm clock. 

I'm glad you weren't murdered.

25 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm just doing my best to make it through another day. Nothing else.

Word.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ellie said:

It's been two hours since anyone commented. People are not taking this thread seriously.

My sincerest apologies.

52 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm just doing my best to make it through another day. Nothing else.

Hang in there, Friend!

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I did.

Do you feel better?  How's your mortal wound?

• Like 3

If not for all these people living here and wanting things like food and help and etc. etc., I might be able to read some more of my book!

I told dd14 that I would go walk the puppies with her even though I already walked to the dr. office and back already and I don't want to walk any more.  

The super good news is that my toe has recovered enough that I can put on shoes and walk without any pain.  The bad news is that I am once again without excuse to walk.  😭

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Why is it so hard to tell when cookies are done? Is there some sort of trick?

This is why cake is better. Toothpick tells all. 

I always know when cookies are done. You have a problem.

I'm making a cake! I went completely gluten free several years ago and miss my favorite which is not good gluten free and I'm still struggling with morning sickness and eating gluten by default so I decided to have my favorite cake in case I never have gluten again. Red velvet cake with almond frosting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I liked your post, but in support, not to like your mil going to the hospital.  

So I don't have to quote you twice, what are you doing for current events?

The Weekly Junior.  It's pretty light but has articles on a lot of current events. Seems politically neutral.   

• Like 4

I'm waiting on my art supplies impatiently. I was really patient when they said 7 to 9 business days. That was fine. Then they got my hopes up and said they would be delivered on Sunday. They weren't. So now it's Monday afternoon, they aren't here, and I'm sulking.

Never mind that I *was* perfectly content when I thought it would be next Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I just spent a lovely hour on the porch with The Miserable People (aka Victor Hugo's Les Miserables).  It is my read-while-outside book for this year.  If we have nice weather through October and November I just might finish it before it gets really cold.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I'm looking online and there are all kinds of drugs for all kinds of reasons, but he is busy so I'm thinking it's a painkiller oh, but he says he's not in pain? He's being really stupid. I have to tell him to get up and go when his name was called. It's my dad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm looking online and there are all kinds of drugs for all kinds of reasons, but he is busy so I'm thinking it's a painkiller oh, but he says he's not in pain? He's being really stupid. I have to tell him to get up and go when his name was called. It's my dad.

They gave him a painkiller and he's not in pain?  It sounds like it's working?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Hugs.

The printer can wait until tomorrow.

It won't print my black and white timeline or my black and white history students pages because I'm out of blue ink. It wouldn't do it earlier because I was out of yellow ink, but I replaced the yellow ink and now it's complaining about the blue ink for my black and white paper. I even tried to print in grayscale. I think we'll do astronomy all this week to catch up and start history next week. Blarg.

• Sad 2