Menu

Ignore this thread!

I went to the independent thrift store first - found a couple things for the girls and ds15, and saw one of the sweaters I donated there a couple weeks ago.  It was my favorite.  I was a good girl and did not buy it back.  It was kinda nice to touch it and say hello, though.

Then I went to Goodwill.  They are no longer doing the Super Saturday thing so it wasn't a madhouse. Didn't find much there that we needed.

When I got back home, dh asked if I had any trouble with the Goodwill drop-off and I was like, huh?  Apparently he had put all the donation bags in the back of the van.  Oops.

Time for lunch!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

I do not know why I cannot get my likes back. It's been a while! 

The likes will come back, tomorrow,    
When I've slept, I know I'll find, tomorrow,   
There'll be likes.

Just thinking about tomorrow,     
I can cheer my friends and ease their sorrow   
With my likes.

When I wake to a day, that's bright, and sunny,    
I can get back my likes, to say, that's funny!

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll like you, tomorrow, it's only a day away!

Critterfixer

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm taking a break to eat lunch.  It's amazing how much construction dust there still is despite having vacuumed and wiped things down already.    Living room is almost done.  I may then do bathroom and/or kitchen, or I may just continue with laundry today and do bathroom and kitchen tomorrow. 

• Like 6

I still haven't gone back to the basement. I think the spiders are winning. I did feed everyone, make a trip to the hardware store, and foot a ladder on the roof so Dave could climb up to the higher roof to install the chimney cap and hopefully keep the squirrels from stealing the insulation from the walls to line their nests.

Now we're watching The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe. I'm going to try to convince Dave to order Chinese food for dinner because I have a migraine flirting with me. I don't like flirting with migraines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Party is going well. I ordered waaaaay too much pizza, but Little Caesar’s is extremely cheap and I won’t have to think of something for lunch tomorrow. The craft went well. They turned out really cute. I am pleased. Right now they are upstairs playing with a game Baby got as a gift, so all is well in Birthday Party Land.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm looking at houses. I am in no position to buy a house, but I'm looking at houses.

2 hours ago, Æthelflæd said:

I love looking at houses. When there isn't a pandemic we love going to tour model houses- the kids have a blast and always pick out their rooms. 🙂

I do not know why I cannot get my likes back. It's been a while! 

I love looking at houses, too. My mom and I used to do the model home thing a lot.

• Like 5

Pantz arrived (only took 15 days!) and are washing. Twill arrived and is ready to sew (maybe tomorrow afternoon). Calendar for next year is made and can be given to the printer Monday. Film is installed on a window. DH and DS helped at a litter clean-up. BFF was supervised in cutting her DD's hair. DS washed his sheets. DH made dinner. We may have won Saturday!

Renovation people have not emailed me back. If they don't contact me by Tuesday, I will invite somebody else to come do an estimate instead.

We're taking a fall break this week. (I had originally marked it "Leave open for travel," but that's not a thing.) Staycation it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Æthelflæd said:

Yay for good parties and left over pizza! Win-win! 

I have a very random question. What determines how the citizens of an area are referred to, like if it's -ers, -ians, -ahns. I am trying to figure out the rhyme or reason here and it's eluding me. Examples- Texans, Utahns, Michiganders, New Hampshirities (this sounds like something out of the Old Testament). Is there some sort of grammar rule in play here? 

I think it's mostly about sound. Not Utah-ites (or Carolina-ites or Florida-ites or Pennsylvania-ites) because it would stick two vowels together.
ETA: Interesting stuff here: https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/61765/rules-for-forming-demonyms

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I didn't try for the longest time because it's in our our Walmart stores, and I thought it would probably be bad just because of that.  It is soooo good!

Did you ever eat at the Texas T Room?  Talk about sketchy... 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

We don't have that one either.

Your new picture makes it look like everything you post is funny.   It's going to be really weird if you post about having a headache or something.   It also makes me think of the huge teethy smiley faces with braces on.  

• Like 4

I've been to Whataburger.  I went to college in Fort Worth and there was one not far from campus.   I can't remember if it was good or bad though.  

I cleaned the living room and cleaned the bathroom and finished up a class for Monday and did a bunch of laundry and gave the kids theirs to put away (eventually).   Tomorrow I'll clean the kitchen and finish the laundry.  

Dh is at his mom's but coming home early tomorrow because he has to make 3 or 4 trips to pick up stuff from Home Depot.  Both HD and Lowes are really really really stupid when setting up deliveries.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our contractor neighbor with the man-bun gave us the name of a great place to get kitchen cabinets.  It looked super sketchy from the outside but had really nice products inside.  All wood.  For IKEA prices.  IKEA prices are great but their cabinets are (in my strong opinion) crap. 

I'm a fan of man buns. 

The hairstyle! I mean the hairstyle!

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

They are the best burgers ever.

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Don’t listen to her. They are awesome.

We waited in the drive through line for a half hour at In ‘n Out once.

A squillion points for quoting myself twice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Switching from rice cereal to oatmeal was a good call. He is eating less frequently, throwing up less, and more regular on the diaper front which is good because I think his stomach used to hurt a lot. Thank you for the idea guys. I would not have done it on my own.

Actually, after you guys brought it up I looked it up on the American Pediatric website and found that they do not recommend rice cereal due to the levels of arsenic. I guess that's what's wrong with my other kids.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Switching from rice cereal to oatmeal was a good call. He is eating less frequently, throwing up less, and more regular on the diaper front which is good because I think his stomach used to hurt a lot. Thank you for the idea guys. I would not have done it on my own.

Actually, after you guys brought it up I looked it up on the American Pediatric website and found that they do not recommend rice cereal due to the levels of arsenic. I guess that's what's wrong with my other kids.

Yay for Isaac and oatmeal!  ❤️

• Like 4