Me: What made you sick?

Captain: Germs.

Edited by Paradox5
It's a Germy Booyah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I had ginormous babies, too. They sleep better.

I can definitely vouch for a small one not doing that. Mr. 5.12 woke every 45 minutes, the first 20 of which (for the first few weeks) I had to use to pump his next feeding. But I can't imagine 9.13; DS got stuck and needed forceps. I imagine it would not have been so bad with meds and/or sleep.

Parenthood is not for wimps.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Slache said:

I am so not over the balloon.

It wasn't as bad as expected, but I can't say I'd recommend it. Still, my doc didn't even offer the gel. I like that she's conservative.

22 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Well, Malachi is the last book in the Bible. Love the name! I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I had ginormous babies, too. They sleep better.

This is true, but not what I was thinking about at the time, lol.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

It wasn't as bad as expected, but I can't say I'd recommend it. Still, my doc didn't even offer the gel. I like that she's conservative.

This is true, but not what I was thinking about at the time, lol.

It was what I was thinking while Captain was being born!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Well, Malachi is the last book in the Bible. Love the name! I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I had ginormous babies, too. They sleep better.

Did you mean last book in the Old Testament

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

You're singing my song!  

Nothing else can be done at this point! There's no one at the house to do it, and yet we are still eating, wearing clothes, walking around the house, sleeping in it, and we have critters. Entropy happens.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Did you mean last book in the Old Testament

That's what I was thinking, isn't the last book Revelations?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Yes. Last book in the Bible, at the end of the New Testament. I was trying to figure out if she mistyped by accident or on purpose. Paradox, were you trying to test my Bible IQ?  😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Revelation. Often misnamed as Revelations. Where's that pet peeves thread?

#nos

• Like 4

I ordered a Christmas present for dh and I and of all the stupid things, it was delivered tonight in the 30-minute window when he was home and I wasn't, and the company name is all over the box.  :dry:  I am annoyed.  I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but we so rarely get each other presents, and especially not ones that are a surprise, I was just hoping this could be one.

• Sad 6

52 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

OK OK OK. So I made a mistake! I had a 3 year old on my lap at the time.

I don't think anyone with a 3yo should be held to encyclopedic standards!

• Haha 4

Amazon lost my order.  It was in The Big City on Dec. 3rd and then on the other side of the state in the 7th.  They finally told me it may be lost and I should order a replacement.  Fortunately this order is not a gift, just something on my list that was half off.

• Sad 4

36 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I don't think anyone with a 3yo should be held to encyclopedic standards!

Thank you!

The ARD meeting went fine. They were fine with us saying we are going to continue homeschooling. Everyone was very nice. Still, I am glad that is over.

More for Servie's Singapore research. About halfway down is a pdf comparing Primary to Dimensions. I was looking at the 6th-8th samples and feeling panicky becasue there is NO way I can teach that. I barely can comprehend it. I may need to stay with BJU dlo.

https://www.singaporemath.com/Dimensions_Math_Series_s/319.htm

Our church's girl's youth group that The Girl will be joining in January came by, caroled, and brought her cookies. She is quite apprehensive about moving up, so I thought it was a nice gesture.

Edited by Paradox5
Added more stuff instead of making multiple comments
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Thank you!

The ARD meeting went fine. They were fine with us saying we are going to continue homeschooling. Everyone was very nice. Still, I am glad that is over.

More for Servie's Singapore research. About halfway down is a pdf comparing Primary to Dimensions. I was looking at the 6th-8th samples and feeling panicky becasue there is NO way I can teach that. I barely can comprehend it. I may need to stay with BJU dlo.

https://www.singaporemath.com/Dimensions_Math_Series_s/319.htm

Our church's girl's youth group that The Girl will be joining in January came by, caroled, and brought her cookies. She is quite apprehensive about moving up, so I thought it was a nice gesture.

Thanks. I'll look.

I asked my husband to take something to the mailbox. I set it in his hand while he stood next to the door with his shoes and coat on and I walked away. He set the mail on the mantle and went out the door. He then proceeded to walk a quarter of a mile to check the mail, realize he had already done that, walked a quarter of a mile back and then yelled at me because he had already checked the mail. I said I know and handed him the letter. He apologized. Then I walked away while he stood next to the door with his shoes and coat on. He set the mail on the mantle and went out the door. He then proceeded to walk a quarter of a mile to check the mail, realize he had already done that, and walked a quarter of a mile back. I was in the next room when I heard him yell "I don't know what I was supposed to do but I don't think I did it." So I walked back, handed him the letter, pushed him out the door, and locked it behind him. Now I don't know where he is.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

To anyone that does not already know my husband has very bad ADD.

I assume he's asleep in the car by the mailbox. I'm going to bed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, whitehawk said:

I can definitely vouch for a small one not doing that. Mr. 5.12 woke every 45 minutes, the first 20 of which (for the first few weeks) I had to use to pump his next feeding. But I can't imagine 9.13; DS got stuck and needed forceps. I imagine it would not have been so bad with meds and/or sleep.

Parenthood is not for wimps.

Well dang it. No one told mine that. My oldest was 6lb 10oz and was a great sleeper- was sleeping through the night by 2 months and nothing I did would wake her to nurse, so I just went with it. Then Gymnast was 8lb 10oz and was nursing every 1.5-2 hours around the clock, for at least a year. It was nuts! It slowed down, but she was still waking at 2am when she 2.5 years old. I cold turkeyed that night feeding - I was working and in school and couldn't handle it.

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

I asked my husband to take something to the mailbox. I set it in his hand while he stood next to the door with his shoes and coat on and I walked away. He set the mail on the mantle and went out the door. He then proceeded to walk a quarter of a mile to check the mail, realize he had already done that, walked a quarter of a mile back and then yelled at me because he had already checked the mail. I said I know and handed him the letter. He apologized. Then I walked away while he stood next to the door with his shoes and coat on. He set the mail on the mantle and went out the door. He then proceeded to walk a quarter of a mile to check the mail, realize he had already done that, and walked a quarter of a mile back. I was in the next room when I heard him yell "I don't know what I was supposed to do but I don't think I did it." So I walked back, handed him the letter, pushed him out the door, and locked it behind him. Now I don't know where he is.

I'm not really sorry I laughed, although I was tempted to apologize. I could just see myself doing this every once in a while... did I tell you the story about the ink pen?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renai said:

Well dang it. No one told mine that. My oldest was 6lb 10oz and was a great sleeper- was sleeping through the night by 2 months and nothing I did would wake her to nurse, so I just went with it. Then Gymnast was 8lb 10oz and was nursing every 1.5-2 hours around the clock, for at least a year. It was nuts! It slowed down, but she was still waking at 2am when she 2.5 years old. I cold turkeyed that night feeding - I was working and in school and couldn't handle it.

I'm not really sorry I laughed, although I was tempted to apologize. I could just see myself doing this every once in a while... did I tell you the story about the ink pen?

No. I'm seeping! What's the story?

• Like 1

Matt's back! He dropped the letter in the box. Claims no other action. Oi.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

None of my babies slept well.

Ds2 still wakes up at least twice a night wanting to nurse. I want to wean him but I am really, really bad at weaning.

The worst was when my second child was born, less than two years after the first, and I tandem nursed for a year. The kids would tag team all night long, as soon as I got one back to sleep the other would wake up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

John (9.5lbs) slept through the night at 3 days old. 10 hours then and every night since. Mary (6.5lbs) was up throughout the night until 2 years old. It was awful. She's still 6 pounds. Alex (8lbs) slept through the night at 6 months, but I think he was a once or twice a nighter from the getgo. I (7lbs) slept through the night the day I was born. I am no longer 7 pounds.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think that dd9 was my only good sleeper.  I really don't remember anymore.  Some of those years are just a blur.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Junie said:

I think that dd9 was my only good sleeper.  I really don't remember anymore.  Some of those years are just a blur.

Yeah, I'm kind of questioning my last post. It's mostly right at least.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Slache said:

This is me wrapping Christmas presents if I try to use paper. I gather the gifts, wrapping paper, scissors, tape, labels, pen, right? So obvs that takes eleven trips around the house. Then I will lose the scissors every.thirty.seconds. the entire freakin' time. It is ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whitehawk said:

This is me wrapping Christmas presents if I try to use paper. I gather the gifts, wrapping paper, scissors, tape, labels, pen, right? So obvs that takes eleven trips around the house. Then I will lose the scissors every.thirty.seconds. the entire freakin' time. It is ridiculous.

This is me cooking.  Our large freezer and pantry are downstairs from the kitchen, so I go down the stairs to get something, forget what I am doing there, check the laundry, go back upstairs, etc., etc.

• Like 4

Good morning!

My alarm (Fitbit vibrating on my wrist) didn't wake me until the 3rd round of buzzing a half hour later.  People are getting sniffly around here so I am making them load up on elderberry syrup and Cold-eeze.  We just need to get through this weekend - next week's events can be survived with minor illnesses.

For the duration, I'm going to have everyone pick a small area to tidy/clean/organize each day.  And I may have to ban giant stuffies from congregating in the living room because they never want to leave and we have no where to sit.  Or walk.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!!

I ketchupped. I realized that i hadn’t ITTed when I found my iPad right where I had left it yesterday morning after yoga.  Busy day yesterday. Another one today. I have two parent meetings, I meet with the intervention lady at the older kids’ school about DS. DS has a soccer game. I have a ton of stuff to do for work. And now I need to see if the older kids are on another fog delay. This is really getting old.

• Like 2

Congratulations, Bookie on the little pamphlet.  Malachi is one of my favorite names and I am glad the birth went well.  What a blessing.❤️

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Slache said:

No. I'm seeping! What's the story?

Are you sure? It was the time I was writing something in one of my composition books. I needed to go get something, so put the pen down, went to get the item, and went back to the sofa. I looked for the pen, but couldn't find it anywhere. I kept looking under the cushions, on the floor, nowhere. Thought I'd maybe taken it with me and returned to where I got my "thing" but the pen wasn't there either. After about 5 minutes of looking everywhere, I finally just got another pen.

I sat down and started writing. Realized I needed something and got up. I needed my right hand to pick up the thing, so transferred the pen to my left hand - where the original pen was still being held...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Renai said:

Are you sure? It was the time I was writing something in one of my composition books. I needed to go get something, so put the pen down, went to get the item, and went back to the sofa. I looked for the pen, but couldn't find it anywhere. I kept looking under the cushions, on the floor, nowhere. Thought I'd maybe taken it with me and returned to where I got my "thing" but the pen wasn't there either. After about 5 minutes of looking everywhere, I finally just got another pen.

I sat down and started writing. Realized I needed something and got up. I needed my right hand to pick up the thing, so transferred the pen to my left hand - where the original pen was still being held...

This is biblical. :)

Matthew 6:3 -- ...let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.

You just got it backward.  Your right hand didn't know what your left hand was doing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

I’m back. No fog delay. Had a good talk with the intervention lady. She’s actually a friend of mine, too. 😂 my 9:00 cancelled due to car problems. So, i’m Home. School is starting now. Everyone stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance.

• Like 4

Oldest had another math quiz today. I made sure he didn't have any questions and I stayed with him in the schoolroom for the first half. I then left the schoolroom to start on lunch and do some basic housework. I made sure to check on him multiple times and though he said he didn't need help, I couldn't figure out what was taking him sooo long. Turns out he got caught up reading a book. Again. DH just laughs when I tell him about this type of stuff and reminds me that any of our friends would be thrilled if their children were caught reading books like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tom Sawyer, ect. 😂

• Haha 5

MIL keeps calling dh and getting confused over it.  She has used a cell phone for years, but seems to get confused if he answers his phone at work or at home, or why he answered instead of me, etc.  It's a little worrying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Classes are done for today.   Only one kid was here (out of 8 ) at the start of one class so the mom and I decided we'd cancel class for today.  Then 15 minutes late (just as first mom was getting ready to leave) another kid shows up, and another 5 minutes after that.  We ended up doing class but it was weird.  

Dd loves making concoctions, experimenting with slime, etc.  She had a bunch of slime in the freezer so it froze solid.  Now they are heating it up on a hot plate in a pan because I didn't want them to mess up my microwave.  They've decided to add some water and shaving cream to the cooking slime as well.  

Strange children.  Strange mom for letting them?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest had another math quiz today. I made sure he didn't have any questions and I stayed with him in the schoolroom for the first half. I then left the schoolroom to start on lunch and do some basic housework. I made sure to check on him multiple times and though he said he didn't need help, I couldn't figure out what was taking him sooo long. Turns out he got caught up reading a book. Again. DH just laughs when I tell him about this type of stuff and reminds me that any of our friends would be thrilled if their children were caught reading books like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tom Sawyer, ect. 😂

"I don't want to see anyone reading any more Shakespeare around here until they have finished their music practice!" --my mom, thirty years ago...

• Like 2
  • Haha 7