Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!!

I’m finally back on!  I tried changing the password a million times but never got the email. Dh even called Comcast to see if the were blocking something. But this morning I logged in on my phone without any trouble. 

I am feeling good - I think what I had was just some indigestion.  Dd11 is feeling good, too.  Thankfully it was short-lived.

It’s 42* out!!  I took Chester for a quick walk around the cul-de-sac with the sandals I found at Target yesterday. Walmart didn’t have any flip flops. Or plain black belts in ds’s or my sizes. 

I have a dr. checkup this morning. The first plain old physical with a PCP that I’ve ever had in my adult life. My OBGYN used to play that roll but he retired 13 years ago. Imma have the new dr. take a look at my toe. 

Coffee!

• Like 3

I made aspirational frosty nail art earlier this week and now it feels super accurate. It’s chilly! My car said 43 after I drove it around a bit to get some coffee.

Sitting at my anatomy scan now, trying not to be nervous. Hopefully everything looks fine and I can just tick off boring weeks.

Fingers crossed that the anatomy scan is reassuring!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

I made it back on the boards. I didn’t try to fix anything. I just decided to wait it out.

School and work today. Nothing terribly exciting.

we’re getting smoke from another fire now. The sun was red all day yesterday. My brother and sister-in-law have had to evacuate from yet another fire somewhere else in the State. Honestly, I used to keep up with the fires, now there are too many to figure out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I had to make a new password to get in.  Even though I had not, in fact, forgotten my password.

I "changed it" to the same password. 

This morning it made me sign-in again and give a new display name.  It said "Where's Toto?" wasn't allowed but didn't say why.  At least it's not me email address anymore.

I tried to change it but it took me to a general page for the whole website that said the display name there had to be my email and that I could change the forum name through the forum settings, but the forum setting brings me to the whole website settings.  

I'll guess I'll try again in a few days.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

Wanted to let y'all know I asked to have my account deleted. It is not worth the doxxing risk to me, and as this has happened before during another update to people, I just don't feel okay since it's linked to my WTM purchasing account and I don't know how to separate the two. 

I will miss you guys. ITT is the best. 

Just create a fake, like throwaway2984(at)yaboo.com.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

Wanted to let y'all know I asked to have my account deleted. It is not worth the doxxing risk to me, and as this has happened before during another update to people, I just don't feel okay since it's linked to my WTM purchasing account and I don't know how to separate the two. 

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

If they take it down, I can do that if I start a new account, but there is no way to separate out my store account with this account/billing/full name/address all that good stuff on past posts- they will be here and possibly show my email/last name, etc. Just sort of an icky feeling, and knowing what people can do with info these days........

I hope you find a way to be here that's comfortable for you.  😭  ❤️

• Like 2

I just spent most of this morning deleting stuff, but I think I can avoid deleting my account entirely. If you happen to have time to delete quotes from the-old-me-who-could-eat-the-new-me-for-breakfast, that would help.

I guess it's healthy to be reminded that I talk too much!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:12 PM, Servant4Christ said:

Would someone please explain what's going on? I keep seeing stuff about people deleting accounts, posts, quotes, ect. Maybe I just don't see stuff on my phone?

Okay, this morning, with a software change, many people's usernames were changed to either their real full names (like mine) or their real email addresses (like Dorothy's). The helpdesk folks are working frantically on it. They pulled down everybody's username for a while, and most people just put back their previous usernames and are fine.

I opted to change my username and avatar, but my old posts that I edited before still say "edited by [oldname]" and when people quoted me in old posts, it still lists my old username in the quote box.

The exposure was brief, but IDK about whether it was captured by the Wayback Machine or anything, which is why some people (like Storm) asked for a 100% delete. I know that some people on this thread saw my real name, and they're folks I'm not worried about (indeed, we've previously exchanged contact info--Ikslo even sent me a book once 💜), but the forum is public. 

No credit card information was exposed.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Get a different, free gmail email account that you use just for here and maybe other things you don't want to use your real email.  I have multiple accounts for that reason.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

So earlier I had sent DH an email asking him what he took to work for lunch.  I noticed he hadn't taken the stuff I set up for him.  He has a "spot" in the fridge where I put the leftovers that are for his lunch.  It's right at his eye level the moment he opens the fridge.........cause if it's not there, then he "can't find it" lol

Well, he just responded back "I thought I grabbed the corned beef, but it was the mac and cheese"

Um.....those two things don't look similar to each other AT ALL.  

I put my husband's lunch in a thermal lunch bag at night and set it by the front door. He usually catches it.

56 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

This is what I plan to do, but I really, really want this one taken down because it's attached to all my real stuff.

I definitely see why you want to make sure a "real" email isn't being widely distributed.  

I'll stick around.  The email that was shown was one I've had since AOL was invented somewhere around the mid 90's.  At this point I mainly use it when I sign up for things that I'm not sure if they'll lead to a bunch of junk, with a few people who I've known forever still using it.   It's actually what my original screen name was way back when, without the at aol part. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, happysmileylady said:

I have wasted *SO* much time on here today.  

The crap with my freezer meat took up some time because we are trying to make all the new arrangements (we split with my family, so pick up involves coordinating schedules.)  So I have been wasting time while waiting for texts back.

Also, the wrench it throws in my schedule has me trying to re-plan everything, but that's tough while waiting on texts back.

And now, I still don't have a schedule set up, but I have got to get something done.  

Same here.  I'm waiting on emails about stuff, so I keep hanging out.  

I'm thinking of going with Tex/Stormy's plan for dinner.....  just not sure what.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Thanks. I just went back and read some of the stuff from earlier. I know mine wouldn't let me log in until I changed my password which I just reentered and worked fine but it took me forever to get in. How do I know if my info was exposed? The only "purchase" I've made from TWTM was a free download so I don't know if that counts. Wonder if I can change the email address I have on file for this account just in case it ever happens again.

I haven't changed or otherwise done anything different.  I was actually able to use my fingerprint password to get in this afternoon.  I have made purchases recently, but as far as I can tell, no personal information is being displayed.  So weird.

• Like 1

Dr. appt. was fine.  The new doctor is really nice and now almost the entire family is going to see her.  I didn't get bloodwork done because they didn't tell me I was supposed to fast beforehand.  Dh is going to bring three kids to the glasses store to pick up their new glasses.  I am going to have second lunch and then read for a bit.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dobbys Sock said:

My freakin' apostrophe is gone.  This is embarrassing.

Maybe this was why it didn't take my usual name.  Not only did I have an apostrophe, I had a question mark.  

I still don't seem to be able to change it to anything else.   Not that 5 minutes on here wouldn't tell you my name and where I live, but I prefer something a little less obvious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Hmmm. If I had to change my name, would I be Servie or Sfork? Servie would keep the eggs avi, but Sfork would need a Super Sfork avi. Something to ponder.

Servie! I love the eggs.

22 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Guess who? 

Just no.

• Sad 1