Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning.  I'm eating my oatmeal and having me tea.   Dh may be on his way home.  He messaged me this morning to see if I was up and I said no.   But then he didn't reply so may be driving.  

Cleaning kitchen, setting up school today.   I have the whiteboards for the kids and they started with the task board set up last week.  This week things are being added so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Good morning! I am contemplating doing a solid week off. I was trying to hold off until Thanksgiving, and just do occasional 4 day weeks,  but we’ve been partially going since July and I’m just tired. I am wondering if a planned week off will give me my mojo back. Not to mention, lots on the calendar for me this week like dr appts etc. and the weather should be really nice so we could get outside too. Decisions, decisions. 

Of course you should. Why is this even a question? 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, all! I'm hopelessly behind in tons of work, so DH is watching the kids while I'm posting on here... err, I mean, working. 

I keep taking on work that's really an attempt to get DD8 social time. This was easier pre-COVID, I gotta say, but at least the Zoom math classes with her friends seem to be going surprisingly well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I gardened yesterday a.m., then ended up with an awful headache the rest of the day.  I was originally thinking it was my right before my period headache. But maybe it was that plus pollen?

Didn’t sleep well. I think a spider bit my leg. And DH was lightly snoring. 

Need coffee.  

• Sad 6

13 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I gardened yesterday a.m., then ended up with an awful headache the rest of the day.  I was originally thinking it was my right before my period headache. But maybe it was that plus pollen?

Didn’t sleep well. I think a spider bit my leg. And DH was lightly snoring. 

Need coffee.  

I had a weird sinus headache yesterday that seemed to be... I don't know, allergies? I get lots of headaches, but this one was emphatically sinuses, despite not being congested at all. 

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Æthelflæd said:

Good morning! I am contemplating doing a solid week off. I was trying to hold off until Thanksgiving, and just do occasional 4 day weeks,  but we’ve been partially going since July and I’m just tired. I am wondering if a planned week off will give me my mojo back. Not to mention, lots on the calendar for me this week like dr appts etc. and the weather should be really nice so we could get outside too. Decisions, decisions. 

Trust your gut. 

• Like 4

Morning. Something pretty for the day that I am almost done painting. 

Other than that, completely covered up with stuff to do today! It's time to make a pecan pie, chili, cornbread, and get the writing done for the day. Reading this evening around bedtime probably. 

20201003_183521.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

We are back from church and I am back from the grocery store.  I went crazy and just bought all the items that I had expiring Kroger coupons for.  Some of the things I wouldn't normally buy, but oh well.  Extra treats.  And for some reason I was given the digital coupon savings along with the paper coupon savings, so instead of $111, the bill came to $38.  

The girls gave Chester a bath, so now I'm sitting on the front porch with him while he dries in the sun.  Imma read some more of The Nightingale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. Something pretty for the day that I am almost done painting. 

Other than that, completely covered up with stuff to do today! It's time to make a pecan pie, chili, cornbread, and get the writing done for the day. Reading this evening around bedtime probably. 

20201003_183521.jpg

That is so beautiful!!🥰

• Like 3

2 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

This is why I do 6wks on and 1 week off.  I *have* to have that planned break in there.  

I used to do that. And it worked when the kids were really young, but then I went to a traditional schedule because 1) neighbor kids and their public school schedules - who wants to do school when everyone else is on summer vacation and 2) I just found myself needing an extended (2 month) break, where I would really get into a different routine.

• Like 3

Thanks! I really like that particular painting. Might frame it and hang it in my ever growing house gallery.

I walked 1.66 miles today in my winter quest to improve my slug physique. I did a mile every day last week, except for Saturday. Working to get to five miles a day at some point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Thanks! I really like that particular painting. Might frame it and hang it in my ever growing house gallery.

I walked 1.66 miles today in my winter quest to improve my slug physique. I did a mile every day last week, except for Saturday. Working to get to five miles a day at some point.

I think you should!  It's beautiful!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We are back from church. I am heating up leftover pizza for lunch. We have Sunday School in half an hour. I’m over half done with “The Great Alone” I just can’t put that book down.

The Great Alone is fantastic! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Do you get Modern Mrs. Darcy's newsletter emails? They're really fun. She also has a podcast called What Should I Read Next? that is just delightful (but terrible for maintaining a reasonable TBR list!)

48 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So, I don't have pictures to prove it..... but you'll never guess where I just got home from!!!

ITT meet up with mms!  We met for coffee and talked a mile a minute.  It was SO fun!  She's awesome.  And her little one is a heart-breaker - so adorable!

That's so fun!

47 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

5 miles/day is my eventual goal, too. I love your painting!

We're watching Tangled.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

So, I don't have pictures to prove it..... but you'll never guess where I just got home from!!!

ITT meet up with mms!  We met for coffee and talked a mile a minute.  It was SO fun!  She's awesome.  And her little one is a heart-breaker - so adorable!

That's awesome!  So jealous!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Tex.  Or Storm.  Or name that sounds, in my mind, like Daryl Hannah talking mermaid in Splash.  You have the lab puppy, right?  And Susan, with Chester.  I don't know how y'all get anything done!  This puppy is more work than I remember babies being!  Lol!

Not hard work, just time consuming.  Even dh has noticed.  You can work on something for like two minutes, then you're making sure she hasn't gotten into anything.  

Hooking her to me with the leash is an adventure.  And she, as DD put it, turns into a gremlin (not the car.  She's faster than the gremlin car) after eating.  

Well, puppies would be easier if you put diapers on them!  Lol.  Chester has gotten A LOT better at not eating everything in sight, though I dozed off on the sofa and woke to find pup standing on the sofa rummaging through the stuff on the buffet.  He pushed dd's brush to the floor and proceeded to bark maniacally at it.  

Also, he has stopped making gross foot water in his water bowl.  I think he was so embarrassed after I told the ITT about it that he stopped.

In fact, his crate wasn't latched properly this morning and he got out while we were at church, bedroom doors left open and everything.  The only thing we could see he'd gotten into was a grocery receipt.  So that was a minor miracle!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So, I finished “The Great Alone”. I read a 545 page book in 48 hours. I feel pretty beat up.  I am trying to figure out how I read that book in 48 hours. And it’s like.... you don’t read her words, you absorb the story.

I'm in the middle of The Nightingale and think it might be a good time for fall break so I can finish it!

It's a Nightingale Booyah!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm in the middle of The Nightingale and think it might be a good time for fall break so I can finish it!

That was such a good book. I have two other books I need to finish reading, though, before I buy another one of her books. One is a really good bio of C.S. Lewis by Alistair McGrath. C.S. Lewis was weird. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

What?  Everyone’s sleeping?  Hopefully that includes our resident insomniacs! 

I'm still up.  But it's not even 11 pm for me.

I am doing my getting ready for bed stuff though.

Juliet is a bit freaked out by our empty kitchen especially now that we are removing appliances.  It echoes in there.  Not that I've tested the acoustic properties in there or anything. . . .

• Like 3