Menu

Ignore this thread!

51 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

How do you keep your lemon trees happy indoors?  Lynette has finally perked up this summer after turning into a bare twig over the winter indoors.

I don't know. This is my first year having them, and it could go horribly. I do have a cool, sunny room. That's where they will spend the winter. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm home!  Eating breakfast before school.  I had no oatmeal made to eat, and I've been really wanting a McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit.  I know.  Gross.  But I do love those.  Anyway, I came home and made Sara lee 45 cal toast, fried an egg, and made a sandwich with egg, cheese, and leftover pork tenderloin.  Yum!!  Hopefully that will kill this craving.

I love bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits, too!

42 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

We have the windows open and there's a squeaky puppy squeezing her face between my side and the couch.

Awwww...so sweet!

39 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I don't know. This is my first year having them, and it could go horribly. I do have a cool, sunny room. That's where they will spend the winter. 

I think part of the problem is that there isn't anywhere in the house that gets sunny.  

36 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Is it bedtime yet?

Yes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

Oh and I started Piyo yesterday. It's pretty crazy that non-existent muscles can be this sore. I think all workout videos should include an out of shape newbie doing it along with the sculpted pros for perspective. 

She is so annoying.

• Haha 1

I schooled and erranded. And cleaned some. DH is making dinner.

Has anybody noticed this online shopping trend? You buy a thing. You get a confirmation email, "You bought a thing!"🎉 Then soon after, you get another email: "We shipped your thing!" 🎉 but if you look, they did not ship the thing. They merely put a shipping sticker on it. Then they wait maybe a week to hand it over to the carrier. How have you "shipped it" if you still have it?

And then good luck with the rest. I just had to ask a company to file a claim with FedEx, who admitted when called that they have no idea where my package went on or after the 22nd, but they touched it last. USPS is like Wheel of Fortune with whether it will be my lucky day and they will bring me my package, which I believe is at a facility less than a mile  away as the crow flies and not much farther with a postal truck. (Google Maps recommends walking it.)

I'm just tryna keep my kid covered, y'all. Really just the lower half: it's pantz that took at least a week to get out the door, PJ bottoms that are lost, underwear that may or may not arrive today after not arriving any of the last several days. 👖 If they don't hurry up, he's going to outgrow them before they get here.

• Like 5

Today was a good day.   I have all teenagers in the classes I teach, the kids in the other classes are all pleasant.   Tomorrow won't be as fun.

Edited by Where's Toto?
ETA: A good Monday booya! (I thought about doing a terrible Tuesday booya, but lets be optimistic!)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spudater said:

Do you have a high hold limit?  That's what's really cramping our style. We're used to coming out with a full bag of books each and now we can only put holds on things five at a time.

Honestly I have no idea. It’s more than 5 though, as the last time I went they handed me more than 5 items. 

ETA: we also don’t have late fees

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I schooled and erranded. And cleaned some. DH is making dinner.

Has anybody noticed this online shopping trend? You buy a thing. You get a confirmation email, "You bought a thing!"🎉 Then soon after, you get another email: "We shipped your thing!" 🎉 but if you look, they did not ship the thing. They merely put a shipping sticker on it. Then they wait maybe a week to hand it over to the carrier. How have you "shipped it" if you still have it?

And then good luck with the rest. I just had to ask a company to file a claim with FedEx, who admitted when called that they have no idea where my package went on or after the 22nd, but they touched it last. USPS is like Wheel of Fortune with whether it will be my lucky day and they will bring me my package, which I believe is at a facility less than a mile  away as the crow flies and not much farther with a postal truck. (Google Maps recommends walking it.)

I'm just tryna keep my kid covered, y'all. Really just the lower half: it's pantz that took at least a week to get out the door, PJ bottoms that are lost, underwear that may or may not arrive today after not arriving any of the last several days. 👖 If they don't hurry up, he's going to outgrow them before they get here.

Yes! I did notice that with a recent purchase.  I kept checking the tracking on the “shipping” email.  It wasn’t with the carrier for another week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Our hold limit is 30, but they count against you until you have them. So if you're 200th in line for a book, it counts against you the whole time you're waiting. And once a book is ready, you have to make an appointment before you can go get it.

Unfortunately, without being able to browse, DS is not discovering new things to read. I've pulled a few things for him that I've seen on reading lists, but he's reading mostly stuff from silly series.

Maybe for Christmas, there will be books.

• Like 3

Our internet went out at the end of my mandolin lesson, so my teacher was Skype-frozen for a few minutes.  It's finally fixed.  Ds25 had a work meeting with some software developers in Russia, and I suspect they hacked into our system.  Lol. That was a joke.

Dd11 is feeling a bit better.  She tends to have digestive issues and I am thinking she might want to cut back on dairy and see if that helps.  

The girls are lining up on my bed to get their turn to be petted.  Also, they are swatting at each other.  Who needs cats when you have teenage girls!?!?  😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

PiYo Post Warning: 

If I am gone tomorrow it is because I cannot move my wrists. Or most other parts of my body either. I was obviously not going to be able to following the Not Not Cooking Meal Plan post-workout with my wrists, so we went with the Not Cooking Meal Plan and went and got Mexican food. And margaritas. 🍹

I was craving a pina colada yesterday.   Didn't get one and I'm likely to get one for a while.  I did buy beer.  I think I may start having one more than once a month.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

I don't know if it's connected, but Verizon was having a HUGE outage earlier. All the things were breaking across companies and dh was getting many, many texts. 

4 minutes ago, mms said:

I have a sprint mvno and it was malfunctioning today too.

It was Comcast that was out here.  Must've been the Russian hackers!! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I think I need to buy another muslin blanket (maybe more) because Middle keeps taking the one we recently received as a gift for Newbie and saying, "Mine!" 

I think I have 16. I can only find about 8. We use them as swaddle blankets, covers for baby carriers and strollers, burp rags, clothes. We were gifted a four pack with our first and needed to buy a second right away. When we had our daughter we bought a girly set. When our third was born we saw value in a fourth set. :biggrin:

We are getting by by throwing any of the dirty ones directly into the washing machine so that when that days load is done we get clean blankies.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spudater said:

One of the top five things I'd spend my money on first would be a gardener. I love gardens but I am such a lousy gardener. 

There was a TV series back in the day called "Faerie Tale Theater," hosted by Shelly Duval. My favorite one was "The Princess and the Pea," with LIza Minelli. The Queen was in her garden one day, accompanied by the gardener, she in her queenly finery, he with a pair of shears and a basket. She fussed at him and fluttered her hands as he continued snipping flowers ("I love working with my hands," said she). After her conversation with the prince, while the gardener continued snipping away, she went and sat down, with her black lacy parasol, and said my favorite line, "Oh, I do so love to garden!"

Or something like that...

• Haha 4

(((Bookie)))

Today is National Coffee Day, according to the Sandra Boynton calendar. I am observing.

Today: school; pester the people who have not shipped the pantz after proudly printing the shipping label last Friday (order was placed the previous Friday); figure out where to get flu shots; whatever else I get to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Happy National Coffee Day!! ~D

(((Bookie))) will be praying.  Way to go on the moving in!!  You guys are knocking it out of the park!

I woke up at 4.  Finally got up to take puppy out and get laundry out of the dryer.  Puppy prefers dh in the morning because he will take him for a little walk.  I would consider it, but right now my toe(nail) hurts too badly from the weekend if I walk wearing shoes of any kind.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Morning.   I'm sleeping in a little bit more lately.  I don't know if it's because it's staying dark outside longer or the cookies I'm eating in the evening.  I usually don't have that much sugar.  I guess I should stop.

Stressful week this week both at home and the classroom. The classroom stuff will be over after tomorrow, but the house is going to take a while to get back in order.  I just have to keep telling myself it will be great once its done.    Guy is coming to pump out the septic today so that much will be working again, thankfully.   The other stuff is more long term.

dh is going to visit his mom this weekend so not too much will be getting done.  I'll try to do some cleaning this weekend since I'm slowly getting ahead on class planning. 

• Like 3

We got up early for early swim and then decided to go back to bed.  🎉  And slept in.  But coffee is ready now. 

(((Bookie)))  Praying for peace and for graciousness.  It is more than he deserves, but then that's what grace is.  And even though it might not happen yet, praying for your dh to desire healthier boundaries.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D
Tuesday!!

I had no idea it was National COFFEE!!!~D Day. Let the Wild Rumpus begin.

School and Work.

I finally got a decent Night’s sleep. Thank you melatonin.  I have never tried that stuff before but I was getting desperate.

It’s going to be hot again today.☀️☀️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

(((Bookie)))

Today is National Coffee Day, according to the Sandra Boynton calendar. I am observing.

Today: school; pester the people who have not shipped the pantz after proudly printing the shipping label last Friday (order was placed the previous Friday); figure out where to get flu shots; whatever else I get to.

I need that calendar.  ❤️  Sandra Boynton. 

• Like 2

Morning. Second tea, windows are open because it's so cool outside, I might actually want a long-sleeved shirt, and I'm about to start my reading and cooking for the day. Reading first. 

Looking forward to an October with fewer social obligations and a lot of writing and reading in it. Also art. I have two pictures I want to do as Christmas projects, and I have a special color of red coming for the poinsettias. 

• Like 4