Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Pain, anxiety, Cath, other.  What kind of drug?

He didn't tell me but he's dumber than a box of rocks. He doesn't know what hospital he's at, he doesn't know what they're doing, he didn't get up to go when they called his name. I think he waited 5 minutes too long to call me.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Æthelflæd said:

I wonder if he is having blood flow issues, and confused about everything. It could be a sedative, especially if he's agitated and won't keep on monitors etc. 

Stuff like that is so hard to deal with when you can't be there. I'm sorry. 

That's my concern. I never thought I'd be hoping my drug addicted father was on drugs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Can you call and speak to the nursing staff? Did he sign a HIPPA doc that they can release info to you? If he is coherent enough to put you on that it would be very helpful. 

Good idea! He's out of it now. I'm calling tomorrow.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Is it just me or does it seem super empty around here? 

I was at a staff meeting most of the day, then Came home and frantically got stuff done I found out I had to do at the staff meeting. Then went to the doctor. Then made dinner. And now I am here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm here, just busy and I've got a cold and dh also has the cold except dh never recognizes when he is feeling sick he just starts feeling like everything is wrong with the world and gets depressed.

Dd5 was the first to get sick, apparently caught it from a neighbor girl. I'm going to have to be more careful about letting them play together. She had a fever and I did take her to get covid tested and fortunately that came back negative but it is a rather nasty cold.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

11 hours ago, Æthelflæd said:

Is it just me or does it seem super empty around here? 

It was past my bedtime.  

MIL may be coming home from the hospital today so dh may be coming home this afternoon or tomorrow morning.   He still has to pick up supplies from Home Depot and they're supposed to do the windows next week.  

This week we clean up the last of the fall-out from the stricter mask rules and then hopefully things will just settle down to normal drama. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In laws are pushing for Gatlinburg again. We are not toting our children 17 hours both ways to spend a weekend with them. No. I haven't even counted the cost but I'm sure we could have much more fun for that much money. I'm sure Gatlinburg is great but 32 hours in the car for 48 hours, of which only about 16 is going to be fun, is just no. And I don't know where this money is coming from because my husband has not worked steadily since March. And I don't want to rent a cabin to share with a total of 10 people.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Slache said:

In laws are pushing for Gatlinburg again. We are not toting our children 17 hours both ways to spend a weekend with them. No. I haven't even counted the cost but I'm sure we could have much more fun for that much money. I'm sure Gatlinburg is great but 32 hours in the car for 48 hours, of which only about 16 is going to be fun, is just no. And I don't know where this money is coming from because my husband has not worked steadily since March. And I don't want to rent a cabin to share with a total of 10 people.

Oh heck no.

Mr. Slache needs to tell his parents NO. Not, well, you know, that probably wouldn't work out for us right now, but NO.

Not that I want to be a butinsky or anything, so I should probably hush my mouth, but no. Just no.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Slache said:

I concur.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I am not getting things done because my lab results came in and I am trying to figure out what all these things mean.  Most everything is normal.  Also I was awake at 4am again and that is getting annoying.  Might start taking something.  I think we have some 5htp or whatever that stuff is somewhere around here.

Cello lesson road trip in an hour, and other things to deal with.  Not bad things, but I'd rather read my book.

Forgot to run the dishwasher last night.  Better get that started.

Coffee!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Oh heck no.

Mr. Slache needs to tell his parents NO. Not, well, you know, that probably wouldn't work out for us right now, but NO.

Not that I want to be a butinsky or anything, so I should probably hush my mouth, but no. Just no.

He said something along the lines of "We will not be going to Gatlinburg until we have the money to do it well."

11 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've heard Gatlinburg is wonderful, but I've never visited there myself. Slachie, you have a new baby (a preemie!) and you're still healing. That's a loooong drive and you really shouldn't be traveling that far away from your doctor's and pedi so soon. Just my opinion, of course.

It's this summer and I honestly wouldn't mind but this is a manipulation tactic so that MIL can come when it's supposed to be just SIL coming down for some brother-sister time. She really needs to be in control and has stifled any attempt SIL has made at visiting us.

Also, I'm at a point now where I'm only getting out of bed about twice a week and will not be committing to a trip right now.

• Like 4

In other news, I killed a Large Bug with a library book.

Book Bug Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

Go Junie! Go Junie! Go!

Was that everything? So you're down to one lab day a month?

Nope.  The high schoolers are back to their regular school, but the younger two really wanted to do more labs.  So, I'm doing some basic things (like fingerprinting, water xylophone) with just them through the rest of this week.

I am planning to have Lab Day on the 2nd Monday of each month, starting in November.  By having lab on Monday we will be able to accommodate multi-day labs more easily.  I want to do them early in the month so that if there is a scheduling issue we can reschedule without skipping a month, but doing anything on the first Monday of a month is not.going.to.happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

You know, my mom is like this. Any attempt to visit with my brother in person and she finds a way to self invite and it all becomes about her. Huh, I'm just now realizing this.

Wow, come to think of it, she does this with anyone I plan a visit with in our family. Grandparents, aunt and uncle, cousins....

We...

Invite SIL when we know MIL can't visit.

Go visit and make last minute plans with SIL without telling MIL.

Used to buy only SIL a plane ticket as a surprise but that's when she was a minor with no job.

Specifically plan a visit when MIL has to work so we have time with SIL.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

We've never bothered to do this. It's annoying, but my brother and I (and DH) seem to be the only ones who've noticed the trend. We figure it's so she can monitor and keep up with the lies and gossip she's spread over the years. If she isn't around to hijack the conversations, she might get caught and be held accountable.

Yep. Another thing we do is totally call it out.

MIL: Ok, I'll come too.

DH: I want to spend time with my sister.

MIL: You will, but I'll be there too.

DH: No, I have seen you the entire trip, I want to spend time with just my sister.

MIL: But I want to come too.

DH: So, you're saying that despite the fact that I've given you everything you've wanted this trip you're going to deny me this one, short request even though I've expressed that it's important to me?

MIL: MATTHEW! ALL I'M-

DH: It was a yes or no question. Will you be honoring my simple request for respect or not?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ours is not at all that straightforward. My mom is more manipulative. She finds a way to conveniently be nearby so of course it only makes sense that she should drop by. Or she'll call whoever the host is and fish for an invite to visit at (surprise!) the same time we'll be there.

Gug! Mine is more of a controlling tantrum thrower and crier.

35 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

On the flip side, my mom also attempts to make plans to do things with Oldest without speaking to me about it first and then I have to be the bad guy and say no. I absolutely will not allow her to do things with any of our children unless DH or I (preferably both of us) are present. If she asks why not, I'm honest. If it hurts her feelings or makes her mad, so be it. I am not purposefully mean, I have boundaries for the sake of my family. If she can't respect our boundaries, she doesn't have to keep contact with us. Her choice.

Mine does this too. We have to remind her before she sees the kids each time. So much fun.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

We've never bothered to do this. It's annoying, but my brother and I (and DH) seem to be the only ones who've noticed the trend. We figure it's so she can monitor and keep up with the lies and gossip she's spread over the years. If she isn't around to hijack the conversations, she might get caught and be held accountable.

I'm sorry.

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I am so bitter.

It's a by-product of dealing with hard people, and my biggest personal struggle. I'm sorry.

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Nope.  The high schoolers are back to their regular school, but the younger two really wanted to do more labs.  So, I'm doing some basic things (like fingerprinting, water xylophone) with just them through the rest of this week.

I am planning to have Lab Day on the 2nd Monday of each month, starting in November.  By having lab on Monday we will be able to accommodate multi-day labs more easily.  I want to do them early in the month so that if there is a scheduling issue we can reschedule without skipping a month, but doing anything on the first Monday of a month is not.going.to.happen. 

You're so awesome, and I love your reasoning.

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

On the flip side, my mom also attempts to make plans to do things with Oldest without speaking to me about it first and then I have to be the bad guy and say no. I absolutely will not allow her to do things with any of our children unless DH or I (preferably both of us) are present. If she asks why not, I'm honest. If it hurts her feelings or makes her mad, so be it. I am not purposefully mean, I have boundaries for the sake of my family. If she can't respect our boundaries, she doesn't have to keep contact with us. Her choice.

My FIL does this. I'm ALWAYS the bad guy. I'm sorry.

28 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Today, Oldest has passive-agressively decided not to do his schoolwork. He says he wouldn't mind trying out public school. Did he really just say that to me? I don't know if he was being serious or just trying to press my buttons.

Just pushing buttons is my vote.

• Like 4