Menu

Ignore this thread!

When I bought groceries a week or so ago, the store was out of shredded mozzarella.  So, we bought a block of mozzarella and a cheese grater.  It was easier than I thought it would be -- although I'm not sure I could do a harder cheese.  (I gave away my previous cheese grater years ago when I was first diagnosed with RA.)

• Like 4

Coffee is brewing.  I think it's Wednesday - can we get a confirmation on that?

My biggest reader was also my latest reader.

Hear! Hear! to naps and potatoes au gratin!

Ikslo definitely gets some vacation days when this is all over!

(((Ducklings)))  Hoping for your house sale!!

• Like 4

Morning.  Staying home today to clean house.  Not even going by the science center.  I fed the animals and cleaned out the cockroach tank yesterday so I can skip one day.  It's supposed to be cloudy/rainy most of the day but get pretty warm later on.  

Dh is still down at his mom's until tomorrow.  Her birthday is today so there having a nice dinner to celebrate.

My mother wants to do Easter dinner.   She hasn't been out of the house in weeks, even dh brings her groceries, so that should be fine.   Dh is the only one who has even been to the store in weeks, I only go to the science center where I'm the only one who has been there in weeks.  Problem is deciding about dd.   She lives with my mom but still goes to see her boyfriend who lives alone but is a police officer on a military facility.   He works the overnight shift so isn't in contact with a bunch of people but there is still contact.   But dd lives with my mom so there's already contact there anyway.   And we all have contact with dh going shopping already.   So there is already cross over.  Not sure what to do here. 

• Like 2

Yup, Wednesday over here, too.

ILs had been planning to come down and visit us on April 25th. (They visit twice a year, once in the spring and once in November.) Now IDK if that's going to be a thing.

At least now I know how long it takes me to miss the outdoors: one month.

Until I'm better, we've dropped Spanish except for the weekly HSA lesson. #Anotheronebitesthedust

• Like 2

Morning. Today I'm taking the boys to the lake. Which lake will depend on how many people I see. I always take my chair, and they head out in their boats immediately, so it isn't like we will be interacting or around anyone, BUT...it's a lovely day. People like to talk to other people. I need to be sure I can get a spot where no one will see me and say, "Ah ha! Someone to visit with!" We are not under an official stay at home order because our state is so rural, but I actually expect it to come probably in the next week or two. Then we'll just stay home entirely.

No Easter things planned for us with family. We've been going over once a week to visit outside where we can all stay far apart, and we might do that sometime this weekend if the weather is good. But we aren't planning any food or anything.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!! (Lynn, I believe most sources would agree it is Wednesday. I just don’t know anymore. Or care.)

Nothing going on today.  I finished my really good book yesterday. I also made the recipe I had been excited about.  I did all the good things in one day. Maybe I will pull some weeds.

I was pulling weeds yesterday evening and a friend came around walking her dog. We visited for about an hour, properly socially distanced, or course. It was so good to see her. And then my cat provided some entertainment when she came flying across the yard in total attack mode, she was totally puffed up, hissing and spitting. She didn’t actually attack the poor dog, but she was very threatening.  We managed to calm her down and get her into the house.

• Like 5

I went to an appointment with my health coach and she said I am ready for maintenance!  YeeHaw!  Basically, This means I continue to do all the regular healthy stuff, but cycle in meals or days with higher calories and have treats once in a while.  I have to continue to exercise and build strength anyway so I can manage a heavy pack for backpacking next year.

Weather here is looking great for Saturday, so I'm going to see if we can get in a nice hike somewhere after the church service recording session. Also, we may need strawberry pretzel salad for Easter dinner dessert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

I went to an appointment with my health coach and she said I am ready for maintenance!  YeeHaw!  Basically, This means I continue to do all the regular healthy stuff, but cycle in meals or days with higher calories and have treats once in a while.  I have to continue to exercise and build strength anyway so I can manage a heavy pack for backpacking next year.

Weather here is looking great for Saturday, so I'm going to see if we can get in a nice hike somewhere after the church service recording session. Also, we may need strawberry pretzel salad for Easter dinner dessert.

Huge congrats!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I slept from 5:30 until 9:30.  This has got to stop. 😞

I know, right? I think I’ve averaged 5 hrs/night the last few nights! 😭

Edited by ikslo
  • Sad 4

I cleaned my room this morning.   That's a much bigger deal than it sounds like.   My room is tiny.  Basically dh built walls around our bed so our bed takes up 80% of the room and touches the walls on three sides.  The open side is the width of the door and the entire length of the room and has 4 sets of drawers, an over the bed shelf unit that sits over some of the sets of drawers, and the door.  I wanted to do a deep clean that happens super rarely.  I took down the curtains (currently in the dryer after being washed), wiped down all the window sills and frames (two walls are entirely windows from about 2 feet up to the ceiling), wiped down the walls, cleaned the baseboards, vacuumed the entire floor.    This involved removing all 4 sets of drawers from the room, emptying the shelves and pulling that out, taking a heated pad off the bed, then a egg carton foam off the bed, flipping the mattress up against the wall in the small walkway, then taking the two pieces of plywood that are the frame support off.   All the drawers, shelf unit and everything on it had to go into the living room.  You literally couldn't walk through without ducking under the shelf unit.     But I got it all done and put back together except the curtains and sheets are in the dryer.   Now my back hurts and I still need to finish making the bed and hang the curtains.   

I'm eating lunch then going to take a shower then doing nothing else for the rest of the day.  Except make dinner because dh is still at his moms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dh was double-checking the hvac system we ordered and realized it did not have a feature that we both thought it had. So we researched it a little more and are going to go with a less expensive system  - we texted the guy and will probably have to reschedule installation.  We really won’t need the AC for a while yet so no big deal. The guy said he ordered and has the one already but can order the new one easily. 

I think I need chocolate. 

• Like 3

We went to the lake today. The boys saw a bald eagle and a water snake. I got to stay on shore with the huge swarms of swallowtail butterflies. They were beautiful, and I'm writing a poem about them called "Gold Rush". The imagery and metaphors are looking really good.

Other than that, I got my editing done, signed up to do a critique, but I'll get it done tomorrow. I'm pretty tired.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi's tetrazzini is the best!  Did you save me a pie?

No, DD2 hit me up for the last one.  I think she’s going to have a growth spurt because she is always hungry. But, next time I make them I will save you one. They are easier to make than I thought.

• Like 3

Good Morning!  It's Friday eve.  

Krissi, or anyone, what do you think about warming a honeybaked ham in the crock pot?  We had so much at Christmas that I froze some and I was thinking of having it Sunday.  I've seen a bunch of recipes online for cooking pre-cooked hams in the crock pot.  But then I saw another site that said USDA does not recommend heating a pre-cooked ham in the crock pot because of bacteria.  They recommend some other method for heating and then only using crock pot for keeping it warm.  Any thoughts?  (I was going to add a little brown sugar and pineapple even though it already has a glaze on it - crazy?)

Oops - I should have added a "cooking-po"  warning.  Every body stand back - I've got a cooking question!!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

We'll be eating turkey today, because I slow cooked one in the oven last night. I still haven't made plans for Easter, maybe we'll do hamburgers because that's what my kids think is a treat; I have frozen patties and bought buns this week. I'm not good at traditional holiday meals 😄

Edited by maize
  • Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Insomnia!

I was supposed to take dd12 to an endocrinology appointment in The Big City this morning.  Instead, we are doing a virtual appointment.  This means that I can't get lost, I save at least three hours of my day that would have been spent behind the wheel, and we don't get to eat lunch at Olive Garden.

• Like 5

We will have maple-dijon chicken tonight, and broccoli, and maybe a pie if I feel up to it. I also have two particular mushrooms to stuff that are mine, and more mushrooms to maybe fry. After that, I don't know. I may dig around in the freezer and find something. Turkey sounds really good.

• Like 3

good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Blessed Maundy Thursday to you all!

It’s raining!,! Rain kept me up last night periodically.  We have a sky light in our master bath and it is noisy in the rain.

we are having Honey-Garlic chicken thighs for dinner. I finally got into my latest All-Recipes Magazine and I spotted that recipe And it sounded good and strangely enough, I had all the stuff.  I don’t know what else I will do today. We’ve all been managing to keep ourselves busy without wanting to kill each other, so that’s a good thing. Of course the kids do watch a lot of tv,  but, finally something’s gotta give.

• Like 2

Good morning!  A blessed Maundy Thursday to you all.

I remembered to take the purple lenten cloth off the front door.  Remind me to put up the black cloth tomorrow.

I left this morning before the hvac guys got here.  Went to three stores and managed to find fresh ginger and a small pack of TP at the last store.  I apparently committed a major faux pas by trying to buy 2 boxes of tissues at Aldi.  There was no sign that indicated a limit, so I grabbed the number I usually buy.  On the happier side, all their Easter candy was like 80% off.

The hvac people said they will be here all day. We have to leave by 6 at the latest, so if they're not done I will have to stay home from the Good Friday service recording since dh and ds24 are more vital.

Coffee!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

How can ya'll know what's for dinner already?  Food.  We're having food for dinner.  That's as far as I've gotten. . .

Same.

I've actually been planning a little bit better so that we don't have to go to the grocery store for a while.  I *think* we're having salmon tonight because that's what's thawing in the fridge.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  It's Friday eve.  

Krissi, or anyone, what do you think about warming a honeybaked ham in the crock pot?  We had so much at Christmas that I froze some and I was thinking of having it Sunday.  I've seen a bunch of recipes online for cooking pre-cooked hams in the crock pot.  But then I saw another site that said USDA does not recommend heating a pre-cooked ham in the crock pot because of bacteria.  They recommend some other method for heating and then only using crock pot for keeping it warm.  Any thoughts?  (I was going to add a little brown sugar and pineapple even though it already has a glaze on it - crazy?)

Oops - I should have added a "cooking-po"  warning.  Every body stand back - I've got a cooking question!!

<toe-tapping emo>  So, no one wants to take responsibility for me giving the whole family food poisoning? 😁

• Like 1