Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Junie said:

So we have a costumer/seamstress and an artist.  Now if only someone would decide to become a chef...

We keep trying to convince our kids that they want to become auto mechanics, electricians, and plumbers.  We're not making much progress in that direction. 😄

• Like 2

I got up and showered.  That's a win so far.  Coffee shortly.  We are mostly returning to full school this week.  Spuds - yes, to be brave and cheerful is what I need too.   

Junie, your dds are so talented!  And that they have taught themselves is a testimony of their patience, perseverance, and joy in what they are doing.  ❤️

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

8A

School and work. It’s raining today, which is good. We need it. It rained all night and with everything that’s been going on, I was kind of expecting it to be a flood or something outside, but no. it’s the same as usual. Just wet.

The older two will be home. Apparently they have assignments to work on and Zoom classes. Now is the time to buy stock in Zoom.   

Ahhh, it’s a Booya/h!! A Zoomya/h Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Just now, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

8A

School and work. It’s raining today, which is good. We need it. It rained all night and with everything that’s been going on, I was kind of expecting it to be a flood or something outside, but no. it’s the same as usual. Just wet.

The older two will be home. Apparently they have assignments to work on and Zoom classes. Now is the time to buy stock in Zoom.   

I said this same thing to dh just a couple of days ago.  

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

We are still plugging away with lessons.  The kids have been doing zoom classes for a couple weeks now, so they are pros at it.  Tonight they are having a zoom scout meeting and tomorrow dd11 is having a zoom orchestra class.  

There are 3 extra people having soup for dinner on Mondays now, so I am adding a bit more broth and extra veggies to the freezer soups.  Tonight is creamy corn chowder.

I can't figure out why my iPad will single space, then double space on these posts.  Press return, single space.  Press return again, double space.  So weird.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

My baby loves to cook and she’s pretty good. Although she calls herself a “cooker” not a chef. Or a cook.

My youngest used to like to give massages and used to call herself a massagist (sounded like masochist).   We told her the word was masseuse pretty quickly.   She likes to draw too, mostly anime style and fandom stuff.   Mostly digital.  I'll have to see if I can find some to share.

• Like 4

Morning! School here, too. I've already been berated for the number of history questions I assigned. I told them to look at science. Oh, not very many. Bingo.

Other than that, I'm going to keep up with chores, write, and probably make something for dinner. It might be on the grill because I don't fancy standing at the stove today.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Other than that, I'm going to keep up with chores, write, and probably make something for dinner. It might be on the grill because I don't fancy standing at the stove today.

We’re having potato soup. That is, if I have hash browns. The weather is right for it and soon it may be too warm for soup.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

And I have re-started laundry.  

Still need to do:

school (including a face time violin lesson - y'all know this is worse than a phone call, right?)
clean half bath
clean boys' bathroom and find decent towels to put in there
steam kitchen floor? 
more laundry
make up guest mattress
Also, unload, reload dishwasher, improve counter clutter, wipe down counters and table
Also, declutter entryway 

• Like 3

I just went outside to head over to the science center and it's sleeting.   We had a dusting of snow this morning (we were only supposed to get rain) and now there's ice coating everything.   I'm going to stay home for now and try again later.   😕   I wanted to do some yoga (cant do at home with dog), some cleaning, feed/take care of animals.  Animals will be fine even if I can't get over there today, but I really wanted to do some yoga.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Still need to do:

school (including a face time violin lesson - y'all know this is worse than a phone call, right?)
clean half bath
steam kitchen floor? 
more laundry
make up guest mattress
Also, unload, reload dishwasher, improve counter clutter, wipe down counters and table
Also, declutter entryway 

I'm off the hook on the boys' bathroom.  Youngest ds cleaned it and it looks pretty good.  Also, dh is doing dishes now.  I will wash extras by hand after he loads the d/w.  I'm making decaf and going to eat lunch next.  We're starting to get emails with instructions for local homeschool classes going online for the next 4 weeks or so.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm eating a bowl of mashed potatoes for lunch and craving fried chicken. But I'm making my GF chicken nuggets tomorrow. I can wait. Been reading most of the morning and planning to get my revising and drafting done this afternoon. I also have a little cleaning to do. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m still in my pj’s.

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Aren't we all? :)

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I have hash browns. Potato soup is in the crock pot.

Points for quoting myself.

We should start giving points for getting dressed. 😉  Extra points for multiple days in a row.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am not in my pajamas. But I'm in my house clothes, which is probably much the same thing. 

I'm slowly managing some cleaning. Still wear out quickly, though. After that, I think I'll settle in, turn off the world, and write for a while. As much as I like to stay in touch with events and people, right now most things are depressing me and making me want to yell, which isn't good, because then I'd start coughing. Thank goodness for ITT, the happy place!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Still need to do:

clean half bath
steam kitchen floor? 
more laundry
make up guest mattress
Also, declutter entryway 

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm off the hook on the boys' bathroom.  Youngest ds cleaned it and it looks pretty good.  Also, dh is doing dishes now.  I will wash extras by hand after he loads the d/w.  I'm making decaf and going to eat lunch next.  We're starting to get emails with instructions for local homeschool classes going online for the next 4 weeks or so.  

I think I'm done.  I'm feeling indifferent about the remaining clutter and the kitchen floor.  I need to plan when I start side dishes.  But, I think otherwise I'm done.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was feeling stressed. Saddled Juliet up with her saddlebags. Walked down to the grocery store with her. Ran in. Got the few groceries I needed. Got to the cashier and realized that I left my purse and money at home!  Cashier kindly stored my groceries while I walked home with Juliet. I grabbed my money and my car and drove back to pay. At least I got a good walk and still ended up with groceries!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I know there's lots of stuff I could be doing.  Probably a few things I should be doing.  But I can't seem to make any decisions that would result in them actually being done.   

The kids are doing school since I set that up on the weekends.   Tomorrow I'm doing the first zoom session for my algebra class.  We'll see how that goes.   

• Like 3

Today was dh's first work from home day. He spent the entire day trying to set up a computer to log into what is supposed to be a secure system for his employer. He never was able to log in. Apparently he wasn't the only one having trouble.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I have been getting dressed every morning. Not as early as I might, but, hey.

My C19 test was negative, which means my only reason not to go to the few open places (like a grocery store) is that I will get Laser Glares because I don't have an I TESTED NEGATIVE, OKAY? pin to point to when coughing. But I am now free to send DH when he's not working, anyway.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I cleaned the toilet.  That's it for cleaning this week!

I cleaned the mirrors in all three bathrooms!  And the bathroom counter in the master bath!

If any ITTEr emptied the trash, cleaned the shower, or mopped the floor, we might have an entirely clean bathroom among the lot of us!

#teamwork

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

Ours, too. But I found some of the gf pasta we ate for years instead. Cost three times as much.

Our store had a little bit of gf pasta, but it is mine, all mine! 😉

(I do share if I am making pasta casserole or chicken and noodles.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I cleaned the mirrors in all three bathrooms!  And the bathroom counter in the master bath!

If any ITTEr emptied the trash, cleaned the shower, or mopped the floor, we might have an entirely clean bathroom among the lot of us!

#teamwork

I took the trash out in my bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Since I haven't had to drive people hither and yon, I've had more free time.  I've been practicing Spanish and ASL more frequently.  I may be tri-lingual by the time we get through this.

I *might* have a clean house, too; however, my RA has been acting up, so it's been hard to do anything physical.  My headaches were much better this week, so I went (I think) six days without taking tylenol.  I think this caused my RA to flare up a little bit.

Oh, and clearly insomnia is still an issue. 😉

• Like 5

13 hours ago, whitehawk said:

I have been getting dressed every morning. Not as early as I might, but, hey.

My C19 test was negative, which means my only reason not to go to the few open places (like a grocery store) is that I will get Laser Glares because I don't have an I TESTED NEGATIVE, OKAY? pin to point to when coughing. But I am now free to send DH when he's not working, anyway.

I feel like I should put a message on my mask--It was flu. Don't shoot me.😄

• Haha 2

I was productive yesterday. I rewrote a chapter in one of my novels that I'd like to revise in April, cleaned my bathroom, and swept and mopped the bedroom. Most I've done since I got sick. Still coughing quite a bit in the mornings, but I'm down to two doses of cough medicine and the occasional cough drop when I get going. 

DH is due to start working from home soon. We aren't sure how it will all work, but it's quite likely I just won't be using the internet a lot while he's home due to data usage stuff required for his work. Not a huge deal. I'll still get on to post here, and do a few other things. And staying off social media and not looking at the news more than once a day is probably a good thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, Servant4Christ said:

Wondering if I should look into the possibility of a home birth? I'm not sure if my insurance would even cover it, but with all that's going on, I can't imagine not at least looking into it. I don't want to risk the lives of my entire household for the comfort of a hospital and an epidural. I'd feel so selfish! I've had no complications with my other births. Maybe this will all blow over by my due date, but with the projections on the news this morning, I'm definitely asking my OB during our phone appointment next week.

A lot of insurance is covering home births, or at least the people that do home births. In NM, they cover from midwives all the way up to obgyns, but it is up to the person whether they do home births. Something to look into. I had a good team with my midwife and gp.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, KrissiK said:

We have groceries to last a while. Just no ground beef. 

Ground beef - go to a carnicería.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, maize said:

So impressive 😄

By the way, since we have a few Japanese speakers or Japanese learners on here, did y'all see that the stories.audible.com link has some Japanese selections? There's the first Magic Treehouse book for those that would benefit from something fairly simple. You could get the print book from Amazon and follow along (I'm trying that because my reading level in Japanese is very low).

they've also got selections in Spanish, French, German, and Italian as well.

Also, gardenmom5 posted on the chat board that Rosetta Stone is offering three months free, looks like you can choose any language.

I was very disappointed there was no Mandarin.

Rosetta Stone - yep, any language, and if you decide to buy, they had recently added a plan where you can do unlimited languages for life for under $200. (Did I mention I work for RS?)

On 3/22/2020 at 8:17 AM, Where's Toto? said:

I'm thinking of taking some of my class powerpoints, making the notes more comprehensive and understandable to anyone but me, making sure there are no copyrighted pictures, and then making them available for coop (when things straighten out again) or home use.   

These sell well. Check out Amazon Ignite - new promising platform that you have to apply to.

On 3/22/2020 at 3:30 PM, Susan in TN said:

Yes.  I am happy that I have a bit of gardening to do.  A very little bit.  But it's very therapeutic to find itty bitty carrot sprouts growing today that wren't there yesterday.

This is what I told dh. He is prone to depression if he can't work, among his other issues. I told him to remember he can clean out the garden, where the vegetable seeds were, which bin to use for the compost. He asked where to buy flower seeds because his mom likes to plant flowers. We have three huge flower pots on the patio and path. The amount of work to clean and beautify the yard should take a bit of time. (We didn't have a garden last year and things piled up.)

On 3/22/2020 at 5:20 PM, Critterfixer said:

I just realized I haven't driven anywhere in the last week and a day. I have decided that tomorrow's school day and every school day thereafter will include a boy driving me up to the graveyard and back. Might as well start practicing.

This sounded a little morbid....Glad you added the disclaimer (...and back.).

On 3/22/2020 at 8:22 PM, Junie said:

So we have a costumer/seamstress and an artist.  Now if only someone would decide to become a chef...

Ahem. Remember, Dancer is a Chef... And she still has a job! The diner she works at is part of a gas station and it's all take out.

21 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m still in my pj’s.

The other day, I noticed my dad was in a shirt and pj pants. Then realized I was still in pj pants. Mom was in house clothes, or pjs, I'm not sure what it was. The only one fully dressed was Gymnast. 😂

14 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Made the ziti with Uni Boy.

Finished schooling for the day. 

I should have bought more cookies.

I told mom we should have bought cookies...

41 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

10A

What is this for?

• Like 7