Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We had dinner.  Spaghetti with sauce and a lettuce salad.  (I had zucchini instead of the spaghetti.)  Then we took a family walk around the neighborhood and into the park, over the Bridge of Khazad-dûm (where somebody yelled "Fly, you fools!), into Lothlórien forest, and then the winding path home.

Imma banish the goat, make myself some popcorn, and watch more Ozark.

Y'all should have worn costumes on your hike.  

• Haha 3

I've been trying to do kakuro puzzles.  I used to do them all the time and was pretty good.  Now I seem to be brain dead.  I haven't managed to finish one correctly.   

Other than that, I did laundry, banished the goat, yelled at dd to banish the goat, decided on the layout for the science center (so now I have something to work on each day), and that's about it.  Finished the last book in the series I was reading (light paranormal romance).  Ate cookies.  

• Like 2

We had burgers, twice baked potatoes, hot fudge sundae cake and vanilla icecream. DD made most of it. For her home ec class at school they have to make dinner at least once a week and take pictures. They get extra credit f they make dessert.  She did. Really good job!,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Why, yes it is!  Thanks for reminding us!

I may need you to exert your governmental influence if they don't open NM state parks mid-April as is the current plan.  We don't really need it until mid-May, but I prefer to have plenty of cushion.

I have 0 governmental influence. 😞 

• Confused 1

Good morning!

We had quite the storm blow through last night, but we have been blessed with a day of sunshine!
Livestream church this morning, except dh, ds24, dd13, and I will go in to help with music.  Ds24 runs sound.  I don't have to be there until 9:00!

We're planning to go on a short hike this afternoon.  I wonder if I could convince everyone to take a drive to Frozen Head on Wednesday for a hike.  

Dds13&11's scout girls troop is planning a trip to Philmont for the summer of 2021 and I am not sure I have the courage to sign up and go with them (Dd13 would go, dd11 is too young).  Depending on the itinerary, it would be 25-51 miles of backpacking over 7 days.  It would definitely be a challenge.  I think I should do it.  

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's another rainy yucky day here today.  That always makes me feel tired and unmotivated, even when I didn't stay up until midnight.  

Today I want to work on a couple activity files to share, set up school, maybe clean a little.  Right now I'm the only one awake and it's just after 10am.  The kids always sleep in on weekends (because they are up half the night).  Dh was up early as usual but came back to bed before I got up, then stayed after I left. 

• Like 2

Only good thing about the rain is my allergies tend to be better on rainy days.   Sometimes the barometric pressure changes give me a headache and make my head feel full, but for the most part rainy days are better this time of year.  it washes a lot of the pollen out of the air.   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet is going back to the vet today.  They have switched to getting the animals from the car and not having anyone in the waiting room at all.  I told them to bring cookies.  Sixty-six pounds of stubborn "I don't wanna" seems to have it's own gravity. 

(Her ear infection was getting better but then she started to shake her head again and her ear smells funky.)

Poor Juliet. I wonder if they can do an ear pack for her. Not everyone likes them.

• Like 1

It's a sunny day here. I went down to a vicious headache yesterday afternoon. It was so bad I was lying in bed, in the dark, crying. DH told me to get a small cup of tea and just not to do anything else, and so that's what I did. Better this morning, but it's still lurking. I blame sinuses. We had some bad weather yesterday, but nothing severe here, just rain. 

Today I'm going to try to get some cooking and cleaning done, but I also have revisions and reading. Dinner is going to be grilled pork loin, so I will probably save my reading for the evening when I can be outside watching the smoke and listening to the birds.

ETA: It's a relax-if-it-kills-me Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

Good morning. I still have the stupid breathing issues, but other than that, it's a nice Sunday. I went down to the bakery/cafe* and got some gf cinnamon bread--the guy giving it out was cute. They were out of the creamer I usually get, but the coffee was still pretty good.

Then I walked to church**; about a hundred people showed up***. Pretty soon I'll go pick up a nice salad**** for lunch.

I think DH and DS are going to go out and get their hair cut***** this afternoon.

Happy Sunday, y'all.

* dining room

** upstairs in the bedroom with a laptop; *** online

**** leftovers from the fridge

***** by me, with the clippers, on the deck, if the coughing doesn't stop me.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

We had Sunday School via Zoom. Now we are waiting for church to start. Five minutes.  Misty is bent out of shape because every one is piled in the bed. DH can’t get our live streaming on our tv, so we have to use the computer in the bedroom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jean, Jacoby had a string of ear infections when we got him.  Vet suggested a new diet, and since we do specialty diet here already for DS, we do now for the dog, too. Ears have been clear ever since.  Any chance it can just be food related?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

Jean, Jacoby had a string of ear infections when we got him.  Vet suggested a new diet, and since we do specialty diet here already for DS, we do now for the dog, too. Ears have been clear ever since.  Any chance it can just be food related?

Vet thinks that it's seasonal allergies because she is on the same food that she's been on since she was taken in by the Humane Society.  That and she had one last year at this time of year and then again now.  But if it doesn't get better once the season changes then we will do a food trial. 

• Like 4

We went on a hike.  I performed the obligatory trail sign graffiti - changed BEFR --> to BEER -->  .  Unlike other hikers have done in the past, I didn't use paint.  I licked a small piece of wood from a dead tree and got it to stick, temporarily at least.

We set up our new car-camping tent in the front yard to see how it was.  Seems pretty good.  Dd21 has our other, smaller car-camping tent and dh has his fancy backpacking tent, so we think we are OK on tents for the trip.

I am finding our new Zoom Everything schedule to be annoying.  I have to totally re-do the dry erase calendar.  Beautiful sunny days like today tempt me to drop everything for the rest of spring.

I dribbled coffee on myself.

• Like 5

I finished the first of my activity packs and posted them to facebook.  Snakes, Birds, and DNA Extraction.  I mainly doing things I already have plans/powerpoints for, just need to clean them up and format a little bit.  

I completely forgot to set up school for the week.   NBD, I can do it in the morning before waking up the kids.   

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I slept through my alarm.  Dd11 finally stopped throwing up and slept.  She says she is feeling OK now.  I think it was probably a stomach bug, though I have no clue how she might have gotten it.  I woke up with a dry cough, and thought uh-oh, but it's gone now.  Do we have to do Today?

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

15A

School for the little girls. Work for me, such as it is.  I feel like they are just having us dig holes and fill in holes.  Crisis schooling for the olders. I’m glad they came up with the term “crisis schooling” because as broadly as I a, coming to use the term “homeschooling”, especially with my job, it really rubbed me the wrong way when a gal in my Sunday School class referred to what she was doing as “homeschooling”, and how both she and her daughter couldn’t wait until the schools opened up again.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Morning.  I just got up and I'm having my tea.   I can't do anything until I have my tea.  It helps break up the junk in my throat and chest.   Allergies in a bedroom with leaky walls and windows means I always wake up congested this time of year.    Tea with honey helps.  

Once ready to go I need to set up the kids school and wake them up, maybe throw another load of laundry in, do some work at the science center, work on a few more activity packs.

• Like 5

Just a usual day here. I've got a few extra things to do today because it's Monday. DH is at work, but he's the only one there. He and his office are splitting time, making it so that only one person is working per day. Makes him extra tired, though. I worked Saturday. Wore my mask, and went through my full decontamination process when I got home. It's posted on the door so we all do it when we come in from being out in town or to work. Nobody is sick yet, thankfully.

• Like 4