Menu

Ignore this thread!

Tonight's devotion was about the Parable of the Lost Coin.

I planted a "lost coin" (a dime) on the dining room floor for dd12 to find when she swept the floor.  It put a big smile on her face when I told her to put it in her bank.  And she said "Thank you.".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dd17 and dd15 decided tonight that they wanted to watch the LOTR trilogy again.  They're probably going to watch an hour or two every night (after the littles go to bed), which could be a while.  I wonder which will end first -- the movie or the social distancing...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I took a nap. DH got my meds. We’ve had thunder and rain. The hail canons have be going off all afternoon and evening.

Hope you are already feeling better!!

Eta:  It's a nap, medicine, feel better soon BOOYAH!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Coffee!  Tomorrow we are hoping to celebrate Dd11's belated birthday.  Belated because we had to cancel all festivities in the midst of researching our latest HGTV Magazine piece, How-to-Completely-DIY-Remodel-Your-Kitchen-in-10-Days-Or-Less-Without-Contracting-Coronavirus-at-Home-Depot. (Answer:  Don't sleep. Shop at Lowe's.)

Today I'm plowing my way through the crawlspace in hopes of finding our old supply of reusable fleece baby wipes.  Saving the last of the toilet paper for cases that warrant flushing, as it looks like our Amazon subscription won't be filled before May.

What is this world coming to? 😩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Good morning!

There is a strange, glowing orb in the sky - it's the sun!!  The sun is shining!  I've told the kids they can do as many lessons outside as can be managed.  We might go to the park across the street and play tennis (i.e. attempt to hit tennis balls over the net).  

I bought some plants at Aldi yesterday - a cherry tomato, Better Boy tomato, rosemary, and cilantro.  And a packet of sugar pumpkin seeds.  My cilantro last year was a failure, but I'm going to give it another go.  The weather has been so chilly this spring so far that it may be a while before any real planting can be done.  

The high school kids have zoom tutorial lessons today and ds15 has a zoom cello lesson this afternoon. I think I will give a couple of my kitchen drawers a thorough cleaning today.  And practice mandolin tremolo with the metronome.  And figure out music for next week's Social Distancing Music from the Front Porch thing.  Wednesday is April Fools Day, so maybe we should do Christmas music?

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Morning! Today we get to go out to a remote lake where we hope to get some fresh air and see no people. It is very limited access, so I'm hopeful. We have a big front yard, and that helps, but still, it's nice to get out with a boat.

Other than that, I got a short story acceptance last night, so that was a positive thing. I have a contest submission pending, that fun story pending, and there's another submission window I'm watching for another story. And I think there's one still out there with a contest, too. Just pot-boiling stuff.

Lots of Beta reading planned this morning, so better get working.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning.  Looks like we're going to have a sunny day today.   I plan to run over to the science center do some yoga, do some cleaning.  At some point I need to finish up my algebra lesson for tomorrow mornings zoom lesson.   I might go for a walk on the nice straight not hilly path I used to walk on, instead of around the neighborhood.  The hills in the neighborhood are killing my knees and ankle.

Speaking of ankle, I looked up what would cause ankle pain on waking in the morning that gets better as the day goes on and it looks like ankle osteoarthritis.   In my case, probably caused by the severe sprain I got a couple years ago.   It took almost a year before it felt fully healed but it's never been the same.  I did go to the doctor and make sure it wasn't broken, but the sprain was pretty bad.   So, when things settle down, I may need to get that looked at.   Dh has been pushing me to get my knees checked out too but I'm really used to the knee pain and it really doesn't effect much.  The ankle doesn't either but seems like something that's going to get worse whereas the knees have been the same for over 30 years.    Big thing to do for both is lose weight.  Which may be easier now that we aren't willing to go to the store for snacks.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

11A

I slept in this morning.  Still feel like carp, but hopefully with the second dose of antibiotics I should start perking up a bit.

The sun is out.

We will do school today. Oldest DD is kind of down. She misses her friends and all the busy-ness and interactions at school.

• Like 3

I putzed around my deck garden plants and then moseyed around to the front and trimmed some decorative grasses and the mums which have started growing back in their pots and weeded a bit.  It's drying out a little so we're going to mow the lawn (aka Weed Garden Extraordinaire).  Sounds like dd13 has already started with the mower.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I putzed around my deck garden plants and then moseyed around to the front and trimmed some decorative grasses and the mums which have started growing back in their pots and weeded a bit.  It's drying out a little so we're going to mow the lawn (aka Weed Garden Extraordinaire).  Sounds like dd13 has already started with the mower.

I need to go out on my back patio and see what I need to do. It is completely shaded, so I’m thinking ferns. My succulents just weren’t happy there.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Coffee!  Tomorrow we are hoping to celebrate Dd11's belated birthday.  Belated because we had to cancel all festivities in the midst of researching our latest HGTV Magazine piece, How-to-Completely-DIY-Remodel-Your-Kitchen-in-10-Days-Or-Less-Without-Contracting-Coronavirus-at-Home-Depot. (Answer:  Don't sleep. Shop at Lowe's.)

Today I'm plowing my way through the crawlspace in hopes of finding our old supply of reusable fleece baby wipes.  Saving the last of the toilet paper for cases that warrant flushing, as it looks like our Amazon subscription won't be filled before May.

There was toilet paper at my local grocery store today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Do you need us to use the helicopter to bring you TP?  

• Like 2

Yellow GatePo: Avert yer eyeballs!

I am so very sorry to report that the 2020 Barkley Marathons has been cancelled.  Sounds like Jam Jam, Greig, Liz, and Robbins all received their condolences (application acceptances) this year.  I will deal with my grief by reading Tales From Out There: The Barkley Marathons, The World's Toughest Trail Race by Frozen Ed Furtaw.  

Few have ever touched

Five times on a Fool's Weekend

Barkley's yellow gate.

As you were.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 4

I woke up late but went to the bank to deposit money so I can pay my business rent and utilities, mailed my rent check, went to the science center and did yoga, did some more cleaning/organizing, and now I'm home.  

Even ds who would almost always prefer to stay home over any other options ever, mentioned this morning that staying home was starting to get old.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

What washers do you guys use? I’m reading reviews and no brand I can afford seems to last. So far, whirpool/maytag are terrible, no one likes Samsung or GE? 

My favorite washer and dryer set was Fisher & Paykel (top loading washer).  I don't know if you can get them any more.

16 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

What washers do you guys use? I’m reading reviews and no brand I can afford seems to last. So far, whirpool/maytag are terrible, no one likes Samsung or GE? 

My current washer is a top loading Frigidaire Affinity.  It doesn't have an agitator, but it is top-loading.  I'm not very picky once I get used to one.  It's best not to overload it.  If I'm washing towels, I usually limit it to 6 bath towels or 4 or 5 big swim towels.  I make no promises as to its availability, durability, or anything else.  Also, it's not like we're washing a lot of clothes that were used for rolling in the mud or anything extremely dirty.    

2 hours ago, Spudater said:

“I just checked in, to see what condition my condition was in...”🍄

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Don't eat the magic mushrooms! 

“Raaaawwwwxxxxxx-Anne!!  You don’t have to put on the red dress!”

Apparently I sing that song much better than Sting does.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Junie said:

I feel like a bad mom for being glad that ds19 isn't here so that I don't have to figure out how to feed him.

(He stayed at school (to work) and was absolutely glad to do so.)

Don't feel bad.  I'm feeding two extra adults for lunch every day and just that little addition seems like a huge deal to me.

• Like 2

We went to the secluded lake, but a group of people had parked their truck at the only entrance and were not moving, so we had to go to a slightly less secluded lake instead. Still, we saw very few people and everyone was staying away from us and from each other. My understanding from a person I talked to later today is that weekends are horrendously bad at the lakes and parks right now, so we won't be going out except on weekdays, and then only when we can go to the out-of-the-way places. All the bathrooms and such were closed, and so that seriously puts a damper on staying anyplace for a long time.

It was a good day, though. Nice to see the sun.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Fleece!? Wouldn't that be counterproductive?Doesn't fleece repel wetness instead of absorbing?

I use cotton flannel wipes in a wipes warmer for cloth diapering. If needed, I'll put our second wipes warmer in the bathroom for family cloth.

Cotton fleece similar to these.  (Not polyester).  I'm really hoping I didn't donate them!!  Haven't crawled around in the crawlspace to find them yet. 

• Like 1

Prenatal appointment. It seems all is well but we couldn't get a heartbeat because baby is feral. After about 5 minutes of trying I said that if she's that active she's probably fine and the doctor gave up. We never did get a heartbeat on Alex. Because of this and other indications I told Matt I think it's just like Alex and he looked at me in a slightly horrified manner and said "So there's going to be three of you?"

:dry:

(No gender yet, just saying she)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I slept better last night.  Only about 4 1/2 hours, but much better.  At least I don't feel like a zombie like I did yesterday. :)

I went down to the basement last night to check our emergency stash.  I found gold!  One package of toilet paper and THREE containers of Lysol wipes!

I will be so thankful when the grocery stores get back to normal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Slache said:

Prenatal appointment. It seems all is well but we couldn't get a heartbeat because baby is feral. After about 5 minutes of trying I said that if she's that active she's probably fine and the doctor gave up. We never did get a heartbeat on Alex. Because of this and other indications I told Matt I think it's just like Alex and he looked at me in a slightly horrified manner and said "So there's going to be three of you?"

:dry:

(No gender yet, just saying she)

That would have been a great opportunity to suggest they bring in the portable ultrasound machine to check heartbeat and who knows what else might be visible!  <toe-tapping guy>  

(Three of you....  😂😂😂)

• Like 2

Good morning!

I have made some decisions and now have to communicate them.  Bah.  Imma need a lot of chocolate.

Anyone experienced getting a cancelled flight refund?  We bought trip insurance but dh says the course of action is to try 1. The travel company we bought the ticket through.  2. The airline  3. Insurance (as a last resort).

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ah! The things I learn here. I didn't even know there was such a thing as cotton fleece. Now I want to order some just to see what the material feels like. Lol

I always assumed cotton with fleece.    Most of my hoodies are cotton fleece.  But then there's also the "astrotech" fleece that is fluffier.  I thought that was cotton (or a mix) too, just treated if it was waterproof.   I guess I should look into that more.  

Heading over to the science center to teach algebra soon.   We'll see how day 2 goes.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning. I have a magnificent sunburn because I failed to remember that just because it's 90F doesn't mean the trees will have leaves. Hopefully less heat today. I'll be writing, staying home, and hopefully getting a little cleaning done today. We need to make a trip to Lowes, but only DH and the boy will go. Get to see how everyone follows the decontamination protocol I put together for us to observe when coming in from being out in public. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

That would have been a great opportunity to suggest they bring in the portable ultrasound machine to check heartbeat and who knows what else might be visible!  <toe-tapping guy>  

(Three of you....  😂😂😂)

I did, but that chicky wasn't there and the doctor can't do that. I don't understand why. This was another pregnancy center as I can't get in with my doctor yet, but I am insured and have one picked out. I got measured, heartbeat... ish and blood tests.

• Thanks 2

good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

12A

$#&@~€{ possessed iPad just erased everything, so if there are mistakes here, ignore the,.

Kids have school, such as it is. I’m going to try another day of my Zoom science lab thingie. I have a few ideas for improvement. Hopefully someone shows up.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

morning!

Yes.

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Well dh is off to worktoday. He counts as an essential financial worker. Gotta keep that sweet, sweet debt that undergirds our entire economy serviced,I guess. 🙄

😂

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

12A

$#&@~€{ possessed iPad just erased everything, so if there are mistakes here, ignore the,.

Kids have school, such as it is. I’m going to try another day of my Zoom science lab thingie. I have a few ideas for improvement. Hopefully someone shows up.  

My iPad does that too.  So infuriating!  Have fun with the science thing!

• Like 2