Menu

What's with the ads?

This good morning is brought to you by the cat. Who woke me up even though she has a full bowl. I need John to train her to sleep in!  

It’s a bad cat booyah!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 7

I am so tired. No idea what the deal was last night. Alex was up 3 times and John was twice. Both crying for various reasons. It's going to be a bad day.

Things MIL changed behind my back which SIL is handpicking for her own wedding: Flowers, cake, music, decorations. MIL changed much more than that, but those are wedding details I have which irritated me because she's getting the wedding I wanted but was denied, even though I paid for it.

So we moved to Texas.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

Matt left his phone in the kids room and couldn't find it so he called it and let it ring and ring and ring... Poor John brought it to him. 6AM.

• Sad 6

Good morning.

I am contemplating getting out of bed and going for a run.

My version of running is very slow.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

My version of running involves an office chair on wheels.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I'm in North Houston so a wee bit far from you but doable.

Matt and Slache can meet us there when mama25 and I come down to the homeschool store!

• Like 8

A JAWM vent - I would like to buy a new comforter for one of my dc.  I would like for it to be just a comforter, not a set.  I would like for it to be a cotton blend, (not microfiber - for the outside fabric).  And I would like for it to be beige or green (not gray).  Oh, and just because I want beige or green doesn't mean I want a camouflage, hunters, or woodsmen theme, but nor do I want floral or feminine in any way.  I didn't think these were overly picky or difficult preferences, but evidently I may as well be looking for a unicorn.  Mostly I have found exactly the opposite - microfiber bed-in-a-bag, mostly grey.  

Oh, well.  I'm sure we'll find something we can live with, but it's mildly annoying.    

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Good morning!  I have a few minutes alone!  Only because I wake up earlier than everyone else.  But I like it!

We're going to Waco today.  Re-visiting (first for our friends, who lived here for ten years but for some reason never went) the Dr. Pepper Museum and then the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I am so tired. No idea what the deal was last night. Alex was up 3 times and John was twice. Both crying for various reasons. It's going to be a bad day.

Things MIL changed behind my back which SIL is handpicking for her own wedding: Flowers, cake, music, decorations. MIL changed much more than that, but those are wedding details I have which irritated me because she's getting the wedding I wanted but was denied, even though I paid for it.

So we moved to Texas.

Dd8 was up most of the night crying -- and she's still crying -- because she has a cold.  :svengo:

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

This good morning is brought to you by the cat. Who woke me up even though she has a full bowl. I need John to train her to sleep in!  

It’s a bad cat booyah!

In more reports of bad cats: We have a very old yowler. He is around fifteen or sixteen, and he just gets bored in his room with his feline companion. Last night we let him stay out with his friend and with us. I'm pleased to report that he did not yowl and DH got some sleep. I am less pleased to report that the busybody "checked" on me every two hours to see if I was alive/awake/sleeping, gargling and scolding me and nibbling my fingers. You know. In case I needed to wake up quickly in case of...something. 

He's taking a nap. I'm very tempted to tickle his kitty feet and see how he likes being "checked".

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Homeschool is officially cancelled for the day.  All 5 girls have a cold (and no one slept well because of dd8's crying) and I have a headache.

The girls are drinking jello and I'm going to go hide in a hot shower.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

HOT!!!}🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️☀️

VBS tonight!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, maize said:

Good morning.

I am contemplating getting out of bed and going for a run.

My version of running is very slow.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

My version of running involves an office chair on wheels.

My version of running is watching the Olympics on tv.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

My cold has moved from my head into my chest, so I feel like I"m going to cough up a lung.  Totally predictable sequence every single time I get a cold.   Sucky way to spend my first week off.  On the bright (?) side, the weather is seriously crappy and is supposed to rain/thunderstorm every day this week so at least I don't feel like we're missing out on a lot of fun field trips and activities.  I wanted to spend some time at the lake this week but that wouldn't be happening even if I wasn't sick.  

The kids haven't done school all week so far.  I guess that's not too bad, it's only Tuesday right?  I'll set up school today so they can do it the rest of this week.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

I outsourced entertainment to the lake, a couple of kayaks, and fishing rods whilst I sit at a picnic table and work on a character profile and a synopsis. I'm winning this Mom thing today. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I outsourced entertainment to the lake, a couple of kayaks, and fishing rods whilst I sit at a picnic table and work on a character profile and a synopsis. I'm winning this Mom thing today. 

Can I come, if I bring a chair, a book and a pile of magazines and promise to be very very quiet??

• Like 7

Solar guys are here. They’re supposed to finish today. As soon as we’re hooked up i’m Bumping the AC down to 55 degrees and putting on a coat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Can I come, if I bring a chair, a book and a pile of magazines and promise to be very very quiet??

Yep. It's even half-way cool under the trees.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Junie said:

ITT is Ignore This Thread.

The Archives are a compilation of poetry, songs, and other genius items that are posted here.

Ah, thank you! On reflection, ITT seems rather obvious.

12 hours ago, Junie said:

We also have Ninja Elephants that can be deployed to take care of sticky situations.

We have a stealth copter.

Also, we have a rule that we are not allowed to die.

Welcome!

Ninja elephants sound decidedly useful!

I feel that I read this thread some thousand pages ago and might even have posted a time or two. Unfortunately, my search skills are insufficient to learn if that is true or simply a Tuesday morning hallucination.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 8

4 hours ago, maize said:

I am contemplating ... going for a run.

If 'a run' involves languorously reclining on the love seat while eating chocolate, I will happily join you.  If not, have fun.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Matt and Slache can meet us there when mama25 and I come down to the homeschool store!

Is this the homeschool store in Katy or a different one?

• Like 1

I had a nice--very slow--run. Dd15 and dd11 joined me for part of it (part because their pace is faster than mine; they left after me but caught up and hung out with me for awhile--mostly walking while I "ran"; I told them if only one foot is on the ground at a time it is officially running no matter how slow 😄

Then I came home and tried and failed to figure out how to install the reverse osmosis filter I ordered awhile ago. Ds2 was demanding a walk so I took him for a walk and then it was time to take ds13 and dd11 to the dentist for fillings so I did that.

Now I am ITT'ing.

also debating whether I should go watch youtube videos about installing a RO filter or look up plumbers instead.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

A JAWM vent - I would like to buy a new comforter for one of my dc.  I would like for it to be just a comforter, not a set.  I would like for it to be a cotton blend, (not microfiber - for the outside fabric).  And I would like for it to be beige or green (not gray).  Oh, and just because I want beige or green doesn't mean I want a camouflage, hunters, or woodsmen theme, but nor do I want floral or feminine in any way.  I didn't think these were overly picky or difficult preferences, but evidently I may as well be looking for a unicorn.  Mostly I have found exactly the opposite - microfiber bed-in-a-bag, mostly grey.  

Oh, well.  I'm sure we'll find something we can live with, but it's mildly annoying.    

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nautica-Prescott-3-Piece-Green-Cotton-King-Comforter-Set-USHSA51039198/308147715

Yes, I know it is a set.  But could you just set aside the pieces you don't want? 

• Like 3

Hi.  Unexpected bonus from drinking massive amounts of magnesium.  My hair is better than it has been in 20 years.  It's still not the thick mane I always wanted, but my fine hair is now soft and manageable instead of wiry and fly-away and completely stubborn. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I would like to buy a new comforter for one of my dc.  I would like for it to be just a comforter, not a set.  I would like for it to be a cotton blend, (not microfiber - for the outside fabric).  And I would like for it to be beige or green (not gray). 

Here's one with a 100% cotton cover. Several shades of green are available as are multiple other colors:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Company-Store-LaCrosse-LoftAIRE-Light-Warmth-Forest-Green-Twin-Comforter-C3J5-T-FOR-GRN/306238994?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|HDH|59-13_TEXTILES|NA|NA|PLA|71700000041628185|58700004447781628|92700037822596272&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn9mZksrz4gIVjMBkCh2ymQimEAQYAiABEgI18vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Solar guys are here. They’re supposed to finish today. As soon as we’re hooked up i’m Bumping the AC down to 55 degrees and putting on a coat.

And they left. They had the wrong equipment and their boss had the stomach flu. Hmph. They say they will be back tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

I have scheduled the gas company guys for their meter upgrade.  The last time the meter guy came, he went straight into our backyard without telling anyone, scared Juliet, who was barking her head off, and left the gate wide open in case he "had to flee for his life" (his words).  This way I know when they are coming and can make sure that Juliet is there to greet him is put away safely. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Dd is actually going to get done with school this year at the same time as the public school for the first time in memory!  We will actually have a summer off and can start next year with brand new subjects instead of looping around the subjects that we never got finished!  Woo hoo! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dd is actually going to get done with school this year at the same time as the public school for the first time in memory!  We will actually have a summer off and can start next year with brand new subjects instead of looping around the subjects that we never got finished!  Woo hoo! 

It's funny, our schools have only been out a couple of weeks but when I read this I thought "what, school isn't out yet?!"

Ours start back in August though.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nautica-Prescott-3-Piece-Green-Cotton-King-Comforter-Set-USHSA51039198/308147715

Yes, I know it is a set.  But could you just set aside the pieces you don't want? 

1 hour ago, Kareni said:

Wow!  Thanks!  You both found one at Home Depot. I would never have thought of trying there. We ended up finding one at Meijer - beige on one side and black on the other. Ds was satisfied and it was pretty cheap. We had to have it for this weekend. Thanks again though!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, maize said:

It's funny, our schools have only been out a couple of weeks but when I read this I thought "what, school isn't out yet?!"

Ours start back in August though.

Our schools start after Labor Day.

• Like 4

Our schools finish up this week and go back after Labor Day.

I tried to take a nap.  I don't think I slept much but I laid down and rested.  I think I want to go back and try again.  I tried to eat some soup and I just can't eat.  Other symptoms are much better - not that stuffy, coughing a little bit (but a deep cruddy cough when I do), but seriously achy and tired.    This needs to go away now.  

• Like 6

I am back from all the places.  Dd12 had a pretty miserable playdate with an old friend who only wanted to play on her video game thing and watch youtube videos while I was gone, but friend has been driven home and now we can get some things done.  Dinner is made (ham & mushroom strata) and just has to be put in the oven.  The kids are watching a nature show on Costa Rica and then I will help them pack.

More coffee!

• Like 5

Dd8 took a 4 hr. + nap (on my bed).

When she woke up I asked her how she feels.

"(sniffle) I feew tewwuble."

Poor little girl.  😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

(((DD8)))

Virtual hugs are appreciated.

• Like 4

I think it's going to be over $100 for Matt to officiate this wedding.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think it's going to be over $100 for Matt to officiate this wedding.

How about $100 plus a year of free groceries with delivery?  Wait - whose wedding are we talking about?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

How about $100 plus a year of free groceries with delivery?  Wait - whose wedding are we talking about?

His sister's in August. He became an ordained minister (free) but the state and county require specific paperwork which is very not free. Then he needs to pay the filing fee with the state and county.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We got a whole inch of rain this morning!  The deck garden is happy!  I counted 10 baby Celebrity tomatoes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

His sister's in August. He became an ordained minister (free) but the state and county require specific paperwork which is very not free. Then he needs to pay the filing fee with the state and county.

Oh good grief!  Can they not find a minister to do it?  Or are they just set on having a family member do it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh good grief!  Can they not find a minister to do it?  Or are they just set on having a family member do it?

1. They don't go to a church and ministers for higher are more expensive than this.

2. MIL wants him to.

• Like 1

They did go to a church. They left the church that we used to go to and she started going to right before we moved. Then they joined another church and that's the one that the pastor tried to sell. They decided to stop going to church after that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

I would consider this to be your wedding gift to them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Junie is smart!

We didn't do homeschool this morning, so I have brain power left over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Kareni said:

Ah, thank you! On reflection, ITT seems rather obvious.

Ninja elephants sound decidedly useful!

I feel that I read this thread some thousand pages ago and might even have posted a time or two. Unfortunately, my search skills are insufficient to learn if that is true or simply a Tuesday morning hallucination.

Regards,

Kareni

Back when we were allowed to post pics in threads, I had a great photo of the Head Ninja Elephant (me).

I don't see that you've posted before, but you have been mentioned once (don't worry, it was good)...

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I am back from all the places.  Dd12 had a pretty miserable playdate with an old friend who only wanted to play on her video game thing and watch youtube videos while I was gone, but friend has been driven home and now we can get some things done.  Dinner is made (ham & mushroom strata) and just has to be put in the oven.  The kids are watching a nature show on Costa Rica and then I will help them pack.

More coffee!

They're going to Costa Rica???

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

1. They don't go to a church and ministers for higher are more expensive than this.

2. MIL wants him to.

I was going to say, then she can pay for the expenses of him doing it (all the fees and stuff), but I guess Junie's answer is better. 😄 

• Like 2