Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Thank you! I think that Lynn recommended him for something else in the past and I never read it. It's on my list... I have a lot of books on my list... Maybe I'll read both this year?

Our family will pray for you much tonight.

Nope, wasn't me.  

And yes, I'm praying for Bookie too!

2 hours ago, Slache said:

No. Lynn recommend something with light in the name. About... something...

Oh good, you realized it.  But not sure what I recommended.  Can't remember.....  I still think it was someone else.  

2 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

What's fun* to do in rounds is have them singing in different languages. I think you could easily find Frere Jacques, but OTOH you can teach one "The more we get together, together, together/ The more we get together, the happier we'll be" and another one "Lo mas que nos reunimos, reunimos, reunimos/ Lo mas que nos reunimos, felices seremos" y el otro "Plus nous sommes ensemble, ensemble, ensemble/ Plus nous sommes ensemble, plus heureux nous serons."

Hours of fun, n'est-ce pas?

*Fun in the sense that it's perfect for me to suggest from a safe location 1200 miles away. 😉

Or you could teach them to do what my sister and I used to do on long car trips - sing in rounds a half-step off from each other.  So much fun! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm finally ketchupped.  Tonight's concert was something I'd rather not repeat.  My shoulder was hurting and I felt completely off.  Everyone said my solo parts were beautiful even though I was making up notes at times.  That shouldn't happen with a piece I know inside and out!  It poured cats and dogs on the way home and I finally figured out how to work the windshield wipers (dh's car) about a mile from home. :rolleyes:  

There's a good chance we'll get some snow tomorrow!

Hope you can rest tonight, Bookie!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! It's baby day! I should still be asleep, as I don't have to be to the hospital for two and a half hours. But I couldn't sleep much last night, and I got tired of staring at the ceiling. So Dave and I are drinking coffee and waiting for time to pass, lol. Hopefully I can check in when I'm there, too.

Yay!  I'm so excited for you and your whole family!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! It's baby day! I should still be asleep, as I don't have to be to the hospital for two and a half hours. But I couldn't sleep much last night, and I got tired of staring at the ceiling. So Dave and I are drinking coffee and waiting for time to pass, lol. Hopefully I can check in when I'm there, too.

Yay!!!  🎉

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Yay!  I'm so excited for you and your whole family!!

Me too!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm finally ketchupped.  Tonight's concert was something I'd rather not repeat.  My shoulder was hurting and I felt completely off.  Everyone said my solo parts were beautiful even though I was making up notes at times.  That shouldn't happen with a piece I know inside and out!  It poured cats and dogs on the way home and I finally figured out how to work the windshield wipers (dh's car) about a mile from home. :rolleyes:  

There's a good chance we'll get some snow tomorrow!

Hope you can rest tonight, Bookie!  

I keep checking where you're from (easy cause name) because your weather is identical to ours these days.  Which seems odd.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I keep checking where you're from (easy cause name) because your weather is identical to ours these days.  Which seems odd.  

The main difference is that you actually get the snow that we are promised / threatened with!!  

There WERE flakes falling from the sky for a couple minutes and dds10&13 tried unsuccessfully to catch them on their tongues. It's just gray, cold, and wet out.  Perfect for Hemingway!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

Sounds like Paradise compared to here, right now. It's in the 20s here. And snowing. Putting on winter weight is not a myth, it's a real thing here. I bake all winter long to stay warm. DH thinks I'm just enjoying fattening him up. 😂

I blamed being less active.

We're getting snow tonight, although it was 48 degrees when we got back from the gym.   Temperatures are supposed to drop fast in the next few hours.  We're not supposed to get much though, a couple inches at most.  If schools only do a delay (which some already are calling), it doesn't affect me since I don't start until 10am.  

• Like 2

Tomorrow I have three classes (hopefully!) and that's it, but dh's truck is back at the shop because the check engine light came on again.  He needs to take it for inspection this month so needs that taken care of.  So I get to get up really early to drive dh to work, or for him to drop me off at the classroom. 

Ugh, an early to rise booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2