Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Today is dd17's birthday!  We have had birthday breakfast and played the Epic Birthday Song video and opened presents.  We'll have cake tonight after dinner.

I have a List for today.  Some of it is scary but I think I will manage.  Not really scary.  Just have to navigate an online purchase, but it will be good practice for me.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

It’s raining. 

Today is going to be busy. We have our Community Connections Day, which is usually Park Day,  it because of the Weather, it will be across the street at the church. One of our activities will be to decorate Christmas cookies. We were each supposed to Bring 2 dozen sugar cookies. I bought the the dough in a tube. They turned out huge, flat and square and lit a fire in my oven last night. The house still smells like smoke.  We also have piano lessons and Awana.

• Sad 4

We're home from Lit. and Comp. discussion group.  I have a serious case of the "don't wannas."  I wanna be done for the day.

But I did start a load of laundry so there is that.  Laundry is kinda therapeutic when other things are chaotic.  Like we could have a zombie apocalypse and I would probably say, "Hey, I know, I could get a load of laundry done!"  😂

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Okay, strange question and maybe TMI, but...

Have any of you had bowel upset be a sign of labor?

I'm only asking because I happened to read something to that effect a couple days ago, and I'm having some decidedly uncharacteristic happenings. Am I grasping at straws, or might this be the start of something?

Straws, right?

Yes.

Hi everyone!

18 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Our whole household wakes up early and eats breakfast together before starting the day. We all drag our behinds out of bed early so we'll be tired come bedtime. Teen liked that it freed up the afternoons for a part time job and by day's end, a hot meal, shower, and bed looked pretty good. Same number of hours of sleep, but better quality.

It's strange, because even going to bed early doesn't trigger mine or my youngest daughter's bodies to go to bed earlier. I'm still leaning towards body clock having a major factor over just plain training. We can train our bodies to do most anything, including getting up early, but I'm thinking there's a lot more to it than that. I see Maize mentioned genetics. If your whole family are early birds, it's not going to be hard to train them to be early birds...

The only thing that triggers me to want to go to bed earlier is if I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before. I wake around the same time (if I don't have to work at 3-4am) regardless of the time I go to bed. That's between 7-8. Same with my youngest - when not disturbed, around 8-9. She's been like that since an infant. Breakfast is at 8-8:30 though, so we get her up by 7:30...most days.

17 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I get up at 6:30am because I like to get to my classroom around 8am.  I do sleep better with that schedule.  Dh is definitely an early bird.  He's up and out of the house by 6am many days.  He has flexibility in his job so he goes in early and leaves early.

Ds is the typical teenager and would sleep until noon.   When I have to get him up to come to classes or to watch the dog when I leave, he does seem to sleep better at least sometimes.

Dd gets up around 7/8 most days.   She also stays up half the night, like ds if given the chance, but she still wakes up early.  But then she wants to nap.

Dh is definitely an early bird here too. I would get up early to help him fix lunch. Now, though I'm up because I'm working at God-forsaken hours.

Dancer was also an early bird (Servant, this is my now-20 year old that I graduated last year). Something happened in teenagerhood that she started sleeping late. I would have to wake her up sometimes, because that lateness was even annoying for me. HOWEVER, when she got dual enrollment baking classes that required her to be up before the crack of dawn, she was back to getting up early and being ready. She had to take the 7-something bus to get to the community college. It seems it was easy for her to go back to waking early, so maybe her body clock leans that way naturally.

17 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Anyone else run into people’s idea that all homeschoolers get up at 5 am? Why? Why? And that all homeschooled kids are advanced/gifted? Really?

No idea. Maybe because sometimes those are the most vocal homeschoolers?

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Avoiding Mt Pile O' Dishes like the plague.

Gee, thanks for reminding me. Mt Pile O' Dishes is at quite an altitude because we kept forgetting to purchase dish detergent. Thankfully, it's just from yesterday and today, so ... well, yeah it's still bad. Sigh.

59 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Still stubbornly lodged. I made labor day tea today, which is essentially a super strong brew of my mama's pregnancy tea blend, simmered for way too long to be appealing anymore. I had to dig out an old shot glass to drink it, but I'm hopeful it's helping. I feel on the verge of labor, but nothing has tipped me over the edge...yet.

To distract myself, I'm rereading James Herriot's books. I love his writing.

Try reading Ima May's birth story books. I had to stop reading them around 30 weeks because just reading them would start the rumblings. I started reading them again around 36 weeks...

44 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I seem to remember this a day or two before Youngest was born because DH and I were joking around saying that my body was cleaning house to prepare for the big event, but I honestly can't remember the timing and it wasn't that long ago! 😂

Yes! This is actually the same verbiage I've heard from others - "cleaning house."

• Like 2

I have one son who gets up at 7. I am usually just behind him at 7:30. He likes to make his own breakfast and I'd be in the way. They other niy is usually up by 7:45 or 8:00. It's not abnormal for him to be up at 10 at night writing. 

The early bird starts his school by 8 or earlier. The other by 9:30. They both get done at a time that suits them. The one who starts later spends his morning reading or writing. 

As far as I see it, the one will be good with 8 am college classes, the other may prefer 9am, and night classes might really be his thing. They can get up earlier if they must, but at this point I don't have any problems with their more or less natural rhythm. As long as it all gets done, and people aren't tired and crabby.

ETA:  Rise and shine or rise and whine, Booyah.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I only use it with steak, usually mixed with some kind of cream. What do you do?

Well, let me see. Part of a steak reduction sauce sometimes, I've used it in stews, and wine poached pears. I used to use vodka in my pie crust until I went GF and no longer needed it, and I've used Sorghum beer when making meat pies, and sometimes I add applejack to whipped cream for apple pie. 

Just depends on what I'm cooking and want to experiment with.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Thanks 1

Big and little dishwashers are both running. This is my way of tackling Mt. Dishes. I don't wash anything by hand--I did plenty of that as a kid but I've always hated it. I was infamous for standing in front of the sink so long not washing the breakfast dishes that I ended up with lunch and dinner dishes too.

I have delegated Mt Laundry to dd16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning, lovelies! It's Thursday! All day, too, or so they tell me.

Cheeto update: he's still safely inside, but there are lots of contractions happening. I had prodromal labor with Squishy for a solid two weeks, and it appears I'm in for it again with Cheeto. But I have a doc appointment today, and the induction scheduled for next Tuesday, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel this time. For now, I'm spending part of each day crawling around on all fours, to encourage a better position. Squishy thinks this is a fantastic idea.

Nothing on the schedule today. Absolutely nothing. I'm one of those pregnant women who feel so much better after giving birth. We'll be getting back into a loose schedule by Christmas, but I'm basically useless the last two or three weeks of pregnancy.

I should probably do something with all that chicken, though.

What are your plans today?

Regular day. I got up at 3:30 to do extra cleaning because it's been an unproductive few weeks.

8 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Laundry bin?

No? You do things weird.

7 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Once again, the board has denied me reacting privileges. ☹

You can have some of mine.

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  Coffee is brewing.

Slache - did you check the junk drawer?  and your planner?  and Matt's wallet?  and Alex's art work?

Lol!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I had a mandarin orange. It was good.

That is all.

Dd has been eating clementines lately and peeling them in unusual ways.  She cut gently through the peel and then was able to halve one.  Another she made the peel and interesting shape.   I guess it's all good as long as she eats them after.  

• Like 3