Menu

What's with the ads?

I got second sleep.

2 hours ago, maize said:

I love hearing about your family's music.

It always inspires me to get my kids more involved in music, I grew up in a music family but haven't done nearly as much with my own kids as I anticipated.

Maybe one of these days the inspiration will last long enough for me to actually do something about it.

Same here. John's been asking for violin. I have every excuse not to but...

He should actually be doing piano a wittle longer, but if we get a violin it will be because of her. And he's doing NaNoWriMo because of Critter.

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈

Happy Nirthday, Awix!!

🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎈

Shhhh! He'll hear you!

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Is it Awix's nirthday?  Awww! Happy nirthday!

Him's 3. :sad:

1 hour ago, GordonSmith said:

Dont touch this button!

TTM_017-large.jpg

Nothing happened!

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I picked up the soccer uniforms and coaching manual and contacted all the parents on "my roster" last night. Does that mean I'm officially the coach????

Yes.

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Claro.

Is this a thing? I don't think this a thing everywhere. Maybe I'm forgetting.

49 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Three years already, wow.

So sad! I need another one. I have room for a crib in my bedroom.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

Is this a thing? I don't think this a thing everywhere. Maybe I'm forgetting.

Renai please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "claro" means clearly, as in yes, of course.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Renai please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "claro" means clearly, as in yes, of course.

It does, but I don't think I've heard it said. That's why I asked. I make up my own Spanish (Santa vaca!) and wondered if you did too.

5 hours ago, maize said:

Spam also features prominently in Okinawan cooking; probably because it was one of the few foods available in the years following WWII. Many Okinawans immigrated to Hawaii as well.

Spam and bitter melon fried together with a bowl of rice was one of my favorite breakfasts. Something about the saltiness of the spam made the bitter melon palatable.

It’s also part of my husband’s Filipino heritage. Another gift from the GIs. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

It does, but I don't think I've heard it said. That's why I asked. I make up my own Spanish (Santa vaca!) and wondered if you did too.

My brain pulls up "claro que sí" as a common expression. 

My Spanish comes primarily from Guatemala and Bolivia.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, maize said:

Same. But my Spanish comes from California, so it's weird.

• Like 1

I don't think that I'm making it up, but maybe I am.  :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

56 minutes ago, maize said:

No one is making it up, lol! Both are correct, and the same person will use both expressions so it's not necessarily regional.

• Like 4

So, should I have Gymnast completely skip the Reading part 2 of the test? She's not doing it anyway because she says she can't read (she's certainly not at the level on this test) and she's really not trying to read it. I've decided to just do the core test, then do the Cogat. I need to mail these back soon.

• Like 2

My madagascar hissing cockroaches, Marie and Pierre, have had babies.   I didn't think they would since they supposedly only breed when it's between 80 and 95 degrees and even their heat pad doesn't seem to get it over 72 degrees.  I guess the time when there was no air conditioning on yet but warm and sunny outside did it.  The sun shines right on their tank in the morning.

20190613_091446.jpg

• Like 5

Off to pop some water bottles into the freezer before I forget.  The bunnies will thank me - oh wait. . . no they won't.  They are bunnies.  (I love bunnies but they are the animal equivalent of entitled little brats.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

814 days until the car is paid off.
1099 days until our debt's paid off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Off to pop some water bottles into the freezer before I forget.  The bunnies will thank me - oh wait. . . no they won't.  They are bunnies.  (I love bunnies but they are the animal equivalent of entitled little brats.)

Where does that leave cats?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

My madagascar hissing cockroaches, Marie and Pierre, have had babies.   I didn't think they would since they supposedly only breed when it's between 80 and 95 degrees and even their heat pad doesn't seem to get it over 72 degrees.  I guess the time when there was no air conditioning on yet but warm and sunny outside did it.  The sun shines right on their tank in the morning.

20190613_091446.jpgWow neat!

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!!!

It was 107 degrees yesterday. Only supposed to be 99 today. Downright chilly, I’d say. Maybe I’ll put on a sweater.😜

Nothing much happening today. Today and tomorrow are it for official school.

It's only 73 degrees here right now!  In the middle of June!

• Like 4

Are the threads on this board all of a sudden all numbered?  Or is it only me who has things going wonky?  Or did I press something accidentally? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Are the threads on this board all of a sudden all numbered?  Or is it only me who has things going wonky?  Or did I press something accidentally? 

I see numbers too. I'm on my phone, if that matters. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I see numbers too. I'm on my phone, if that matters. 

At least I'm in good company if Renai sees numbers too.  Just tell me if you start seeing dead people. . .

• Haha 4

Sometimes today I've been going through posts and then suddenly can't "like" anything even though I'm still logged in.  Did someone push that red button?

• Haha 1

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Sometimes today I've been going through posts and then suddenly can't "like" anything even though I'm still logged in.  Did someone push that red button?

Yes.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think Slache started the Apocalypse!

I don't even know what this means, but it can't be the end of the world.

• Haha 2

My hallway is all prepped for painting. Wish me and ds13 luck (preferably in the form of non-interfering Little People. Dd4 has been insisting that she really, really needs to help paint).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, maize said:

Where does that leave cats?

Right where they want to be. Dictator for life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

It's only 73 degrees here right now!  In the middle of June!

We got to around 80 today. Maybe. I know we're going to pay for this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I see numbers. And a couple of dictators on my bed. But no dead people. Yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I realized that I forgot to ask one question on my list yesterday when I was talking to the camp ground people.  Called.  It was forwarded to Voice Mail - which is . . . wait for it. . .  Full.  I just sent a text to that number, hoping that it goes to a phone that actually receives texts.  Do any of you know if you get a notification of some kind if you send a text to a landline or some phone that doesn't accept texts? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Right where they want to be. Dictator for life.

That’s pretty much it!!!😂🐱

• Like 3

I see dead people. But that’s only because I was watching CSI:Miami on Prime. That show is full of dead people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I tried to take the kids swimming for the first time. Seems somebody threw up in the pool so it was closed. Poor Captain cried and cried.

• Sad 7

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I suppose I should start making dinner.

Me too, but I'm tired. 

• Like 3

I made dinner and the family ate it.  I am on a restricted diet for a few days because I am having an endoscopy and colonoscopy next week.  I am planning to have sushi as a victory dinner after my stomach is back to normal.  And pizza.  And maybe cake and ice cream.  But no Spam.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Dinner is done.  I'm almost at 15k steps today for some reason.  Dh asked if anyone wanted to take a walk and we all just kind of stared at him.  Too tired!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I forgot to run the dishwasher. Matt was so excited that I did something wrong that he broke into a jig and high fived all three children.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I got one of my boys to make dinner so he made chicken strips and hash browns!

I bought the kids pints of their favorite ice cream flavors thinking it would last a couple days. They ate the entire things before dinner.

I’m heading for a shower, sleepy movie, and bed. I’m tired tonight.

• Like 7

Just one more day of class and I have a week off.  I was hoping to go to the beach a lot but it looks like the weather might be crappy.    Too early to tell but chance of showers every day that's showing up.

• Like 5

One of my students made me fudge.  It's really really yummy.

Spam is okay but not a top choice.  I'm not a fan of sushi at all.

• Like 5

You guys should all be proud of me.  I actually have a notebook that I used the WHOLE thing.  I don't think I've ever done that before.  It's one I use for my classes - list of students with allergies and if pictures are okay, contact information for parents (it's the one I keep in my purse so I have it at home for weather closings), activities that I do each week, activity ideas, etc.

Of course, I have about 5 empty notebooks that I want to use.  I already have a NASA one started for next years classes.  I think I want to do a commonplace book, but I actually have one with quotes and poetry from when I was a teenager and there's lots of space left.  I think I might just continue in that one.  It might be cool to have the stuff from when I was younger.

I'm also thinking of a smash book with my favorite pictures.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm also thinking of doing a book for the kids school.  Ds is starting high school, dd is starting 7th (which started junior high when I was a kid).  Notes about what they've done, plans going forward, etc.  I just wonder if that's something that would be better done on the computer (where I kind of do already have an outline).

I bought really nice embossed leather cover notebooks with a gift card today so I want to use them for something worthwhile and worth saving.

ETA:  A pretty notebook booya

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 6

Matt: How old is John?
Alex: I don't know.
M: John's 8. How old is Mary?
A: 6.
M: Very good. How old am I?
A: 7.
M: How old is Mama?
A: 6.
M: I'm 34. How old is Mama?