Menu

What's with the ads?

I badly want the money to hire someone to:

Fix/replace the various broken doors in the house

Replace the basement carpet with some kind of hard flooring

Paint everything I haven't painted yet

Replace both my toilets (or at least figure out how to find replacements for the broken ceramic tops)

And build me a new deck as ours is rapidly falling apart and it is the only house access to the back yard.

Some of this I will manage eventually--doors and painting, maybe flooring. Building a deck is not within my comfort zone.

• Like 5

I usually feel like illness or weather cancellations seem to happen right when we need them most, so I'm (mostly) thankful-ish for them.  

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, maize said:

I badly want the money to hire someone to:

Fix/replace the various broken doors in the house

Replace the basement carpet with some kind of hard flooring

Paint everything I haven't painted yet

Replace both my toilets (or at least figure out how to find replacements for the broken ceramic tops)

And build me a new deck as ours is rapidly falling apart and it is the only house access to the back yard.

Some of this I will manage eventually--doors and painting, maybe flooring. Building a deck is not within my comfort zone.

A year or two ago dh was talking on the phone with his dad.  When dh got off the phone he had an amused expression on his face.

He said his dad had gotten bored and built a deck on the front of his house.

FIL is in his late 80s!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Junie said:

A year or two ago dh was talking on the phone with his dad.  When dh got off the phone he had an amused expression on his face.

He said his dad had gotten bored and built a deck on the front of his house.

FIL is in his late 80s!!

If your FIL gets bored again send him my way 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

We need new break pads. And an oil change. And I think work done on the transmission.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I want a new car.

When my unknown wealthy uncle dies and leaves me a fortune I'll keep enough for my new deck and send you some for a new car.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, maize said:

When my unknown wealthy uncle dies and leaves me a fortune I'll keep enough for my new deck and send you some for a new car.

:wub:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Apparently the local school district is insisting most kids take summer school...

Why? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Why? Inquiring minds want to know.

Got me!! The town I live in is poor and the schools are horrible. Probably the kids aren’t learning much. Of course putting in the same schools that are failing them won’t do much good, but.... whatever. I think it’s a societal problem.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Slache said:

My husband is now an ordained minister. Yay.

Is this with the United Church of Bacon?

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I want a new car.

'Cause he could make a bundle doing bacon weddings and then buy a new car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I need to decompress or make dinner in time for dh and dd12 to eat before scouts.  I don't think both things can happen.

• Like 2

Alex bit a balloon. It did not go well.

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Is this with the United Church of Bacon?

'Cause he could make a bundle doing bacon weddings and then buy a new car.

Yes. This is the plan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It finally happened- someone told me I needed to put Captain into “preschool” so he could learn “social academics” like HOW TO STAND IN LINE, handle “structure” of going from one activity to another on demand, wait his turn, and deal with other kids. I did manage to not laugh at her as I like his ECI speech person. At the same time, I am really annoyed. 

Seriously? 

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

It finally happened- someone told me I needed to put Captain into “preschool” so he could learn “social academics” like HOW TO STAND IN LINE, handle “structure” of going from one activity to another on demand, wait his turn, and deal with other kids. I did manage to not laugh at her as I like his ECI speech person. At the same time, I am really annoyed. 

Seriously? 

As a prek teacher, I often get asked if a parent should put their child in preschool, or when. I usually just say no. I also like to tell people that I simultaneously worked in public prek while homeschooling my children. 😄 

According to research, forced standing in line is not developmentally appropriate for preschoolers. Unless they are a duck.

I'm pretty sure your inward laughter came from the fact that since your tot lives in a family, your assurance that everything else is covered brings joy. 

• Like 7

Willy Nilly.  I consider myself moderately capable on the computer.  But I cannot figure out Excel even though I used to work on Excel all the time.  What did they do to this?  (Nothing is the same as how I used to do it.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I need to decompress or make dinner in time for dh and dd12 to eat before scouts.  I don't think both things can happen.

I did both, though neither very well, so I'm back to decompressing again. 🏆

#pointsforquotingself

• Like 5

Dh got me Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

I survived the endoscopy/colonoscopy.  I only have a vague idea of what they told me afterward.  😉  Nothing too serious, I guess.  I *think* we are waiting for biopsy reports, but I'm not sure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

My... my kids can't stand in line.

I don't know if mine can or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We stand in line all the time:  at the grocery store, at the library, at the Y, at the theater, at a potluck.. . .  

I don't go with my kids to any of those places. 😉  Well, we go to the library together but there has never been a line.

I guess they stand in line at potlucks, but *I* generally don't.  I tend to take my own food.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We stand in line all the time:  at the grocery store, at the library, at the Y, at the theater, at a potluck.. . .  

But, do you actually stand in single file lines like expected in school? Usually we are standing slightly to the side of a person while behind them. Also, when standing in lines in normal places with preschoolers, they are standing beside us, not directly in front or behind us. "They" are telling teachers to stop requiring perfect lines in preschoolers.

Single file lines are overrated.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I feel that with a few more additions and some creative editing you could write a book with some Seuss-ian overtones.

"I do not like stand-ing in line.

Not at the store, the library, or the Y.

I do not like it when they whine.

I do not like stand-ing in line.

Not at the theatre or a potluck.

Though at the latter, there might be wine.

I do not like stand-ing in line."

Regards,

Kareni 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Willy Nilly.  I consider myself moderately capable on the computer.  But I cannot figure out Excel even though I used to work on Excel all the time.  What did they do to this?  (Nothing is the same as how I used to do it.)

Oh no!  I love Excel (the one I know from who knows when.)  Don't tell me he's changed!  He was perfect just the way he was!  (Actually I use Open Office Spreadsheet which probably has a few differences, but not nearly as illogical as Apple Numbers.  🥴)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

But these lines are 4 people long. They were a disaster at Disney. Some teenage girls complained rather loudly that they didn't move up every chance they got, not that it would have made a difference in waiting time.

18 minutes ago, Renai said:

But, do you actually stand in single file lines like expected in school? Usually we are standing slightly to the side of a person while behind them. Also, when standing in lines in normal places with preschoolers, they are standing beside us, not directly in front or behind us. "They" are telling teachers to stop requiring perfect lines in preschoolers.

Single file lines are overrated.

See? Renai knows.

10 minutes ago, Kareni said:

I feel that with a few more additions and some creative editing you could write a book with some Seuss-ian overtones.

Regards,

Kareni 

Kareni! Hi!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Regards,

Kareni 

🎉🎉🎉  Wooo-hoo Kareni!  Well done!  Worthy of a place in the ITT Archives! 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Yes!

• Like 3

After we had the snake a few weeks John started trying to teach her to come when she's called. I was like "Snakes don't do that" and he was like "Why not?" and I was like "Because they're not dogs". Well, fast forward a few weeks and guess what the stupid snake does? I don't even know how to train an animal to come without treats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Yes!

I'm on it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I should think so. She did that like a pro!!

• Like 5

I’m back from VBS training. It’s a good exercise for me to hold my tongue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Slache said:

My... my kids can't stand in line.

😂

And Kareni, you win!!

• Like 5

I just proved you can choke on a Whataburger fried apple pie, and sneeze, and cough at the same time. Not that I recommend it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

🎉🎉  Wooo-hoo Kareni!  Well done!  Worthy of a place in the ITT Archives

Hello all!

And this is where I get to admit I have no idea what the ITT Archives are. Should I be proud? afraid? Will there be chocolate?

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I just proved you can choke on a Whataburger fried apple pie, and sneeze, and cough at the same time. Not that I recommend it.

Wait. What? Are we within driving distance? I'm in the medical district of San Antonio.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Hello all!

And this is where I get to admit I have no idea what the ITT Archives are. Should I be proud? afraid? Will there be chocolate?

Regards,

Kareni

ITT is Ignore This Thread.

The Archives are a compilation of poetry, songs, and other genius items that are posted here.

There is always chocolate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

We also have Ninja Elephants that can be deployed to take care of sticky situations.

We have a stealth copter.

Also, we have a rule that we are not allowed to die.

Welcome!

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Hello all!

Regards,

Kareni

Welcome to ITT, Kareni. Over the years the archives have become a repository of all the amazingly witty poems, songs, sayings and what-have-you that ITT Members have come up with. It’ll come in handy when the book and movie deal comes out. Hope to see you around ITT more. You seem to fit right in. 

Just remember that if you post at the top of the page, you have to Booya/h and we have a strict no dying policy. Whitehawk is the keeper of the handbook, so if you have any other policy related questions, see her.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Slache said:

Wait. What? Are we within driving distance? I'm in the medical district of San Antonio.

I'm in North Houston so a wee bit far from you but doable.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s 9:00, dad-nab it, and I still have to clean up the kitchen.

I took my boys to see MIB-International and dh kindly cleaned the kitchen and put Captain to bed. Though apparently dd put Thomas the Tank Engine on and Captain fell asleep on her bed.

Adding: I ned to decide what to do about spelling. I have been doing AAS bk 1-2, but I don't have tiles and the rules seem to not matter. I detest SWO, BJU is $$$ so of course dd loves it, and Evan-Moor BSSDP is not enough rules practice?

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Welcome to ITT, Kareni. Over the years the archives have become a repository of all the amazingly witty poems, songs, sayings and what-have-you that ITT Members have come up with. It’ll come in handy when the book and movie deal comes out. Hope to see you around ITT more. You seem to fit right in. 

Just remember that if you post at the top of the page, you have to Booya/h and we have a strict no dying policy. Whitehawk is the keeper of the handbook, so if you have any other policy related questions, see her.

How could I forget about the Booyah tradition?  I blame it on the meds they used to knock me out earlier today. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I'm in North Houston so a wee bit far from you but doable.

Ok. He wants to go there eventually for several reasons and I want to go to the homeschool store. I'll let you know when if you're not in Scotland by then.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok. He wants to go there eventually for several reasons and I want to go to the homeschool store. I'll let you know when if you're not in Scotland by then.

I LOVE the Homeschool Store. Been going there for over 10 years. Randy is awesome! 

No news on the Scotland front, ya'll. Anyone willing to pray/send good vibes, we would appreciate it.

And I really have to shut off my computer, watch Lord of the Rings, and go to sleep. I'll catch up tomorrow. Night everyone!

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Been helping dh with the fence. Our motto is:  Measure once, cut twice. 

(Actually it’s measure a billion times and cut a billion times.). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5