Menu

What's with the ads?

Also, this thread has been going on for 4 years and just today did I check it out - booyah!

I'm either unobservant or I follow directions well (to ignore the thread). 

Edited by Ktgrok
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Also, this thread has been going on for 4 years and just today did I check it out, lol. 

Hello.

• Like 3

We are back from all the places.  The orchestra camp concert went well.  The kids were very pleased with the whole thing.  Before the concert we walked a few blocks to a grilled cheese sandwich shop and then we walked to the children's hospital food court to Ben & Jerry's.  

I have been trying to finish Just One Thing this evening, and with only a brief interruption that involved me freaking out and the whole family frantically searching the entire house for ds14's red choir vest, I managed to complete One Thing.  

Now I'm ready for bed.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Also, this thread has been going on for 4 years and just today did I check it out, lol. 

Hi Katie!  So glad you dropped by!

So just for fun, you can keep the booyah tradition if you want.  The first post of the page (which yours is) gets the booyah honor and so you can edit this post and add "booyah" to it..  Some People insist that it is spelled "booya", but you are allowed to spell it however you want, or spell it both ways.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ktgrok said:

Also, this thread has been going on for 4 years and just today did I check it out - booyah!

Yes, welcome!

But please note, if you do continue with the Booya tradition, there is no H. See, the Original Booya Babe, the one who started it all, said so. Thus, it is so. 

#noh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Third installment of the Great Marvel Summer Film Festival completed. Iron Man 2.  I want to be Pepper Potts.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Third installment of the Great Marvel Summer Film Festival completed. Iron Man 2.  I want to be Pepper Potts.

I took 3 of my kids to see End Game 2 days ago. 2 had not seen it yet. There were 2 other people in the theatre. I am so glad casue the 2 (Son 3 and DD) cannot stop talking during movies. The consenus from them was too much talking, not enough action. ha! I still cried even though I knew what was going to happen.

Took the kids swimming. Now I have hives around my neck where I missed slathering in sunscreen. Dh made dinner for us-- hamburgers and guac. Yum!

I bought BJU English to replace MP EGR/CS. It really wasn't enough to ensure understanding. Plus, the CS pages did not line up with the rules being memorized in EGR. I did think about R&S but I just cannot do it long term. Too much of everything.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 4

Hi. We have school because we skipped 2 days this week. Next week John is switching to Saxon and Partnership Writing. I also got 3 books on insects from the library.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

Hi. We have school because we skipped 2 days this week. Next week John is switching to Saxon and Partnership Writing. I also got 3 books on insects from the library.

Which Saxon?

• Like 1

Just now, Junie said:

Which Saxon?

5/4. I never had an interest in K-3 and I figure if it takes us too long it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

5/4. I never had an interest in K-3 and I figure if it takes us too long it doesn't matter.

That's the one all 6 of my kids have started with.  We used Abeka for grades K-3.  Then we use Saxon from 5/4 through Advanced Mathematics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Junie said:

That's the one all 6 of my kids have started with.  We used Abeka for grades K-3.  Then we use Saxon from 5/4 through Advanced Mathematics.

He needs more spiral and procedural. I'm so bummed. I love my vintage! Renai said it isn't all about me though. I thought it was. :blink:

• Like 5

Good morning!

I have informed the family that they are entirely on their own today.  I have things to do and will not be driving anyone anywhere or picking up anything at any store.  

Coffee!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Slache said:

He needs more spiral and procedural. I'm so bummed. I love my vintage! Renai said it isn't all about me though. I thought it was. :blink:

It never was.  😬

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

It never was.  😬

#millennial

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!👍

Today is my anniversary. Seventeen years. We will be going out to dinner tonight, i’m Noticing on FB that today is a lot of people’s Anniversary!!! A good day to get married, I guess!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Well what do you know?!?  With all my cleaning, I found the missing daypack that I bought for ds14 at Aldi - we've been looking for it for 2 weeks!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I’m making a to-do list for when we get home from swim. I feel like I’m forgetting something.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I’m making a to-do list for when we get home from swim. I feel like I’m forgetting something.....

Ice cream and brownies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Oh, I remembered more things. Yay me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Ice cream and brownies.

Yes, thank you!  So helpful!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"My" team won their first game, despite me being "coach."

• Thanks 8

Our friends took all the kids to lunch with them, to see another couple.  So she and I cleaned house a little then went out for Mexican by ourselves.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

You spelled it wrong. 🤨

17 hours ago, Renai said:

Yes, welcome!

But please note, if you do continue with the Booya tradition, there is no H. See, the Original Booya Babe, the one who started it all, said so. Thus, it is so. 

#noh

Listen to Renai.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I started my day with the smell of dead thing in the utility room.

The dead thing is gone.

The utility room is awash in chemicals disinfected.

The entire house smells like peppermint.

I am exhausted.

The end.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

You spelled it wrong. 🤨

Listen to Renai.

Don’t listen to anybody. Just do what you want.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

The dead thing is gone.

I am exhausted.

The end.

Svengo.

• Like 5

I’m gonna paint my toenails. Going out to dinner with DH. Gotta get all fancy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

The dead thing is gone.

I am exhausted.

The end.

Do you need to account for all your family members?  Hmmm?. . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Don’t listen to anybody. Just do what you want.

As a classical home educator, one should WANT to spell correctly.

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you need to account for all your family members?  Hmmm?. . . .

🤐

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I finally finished painting the hallway.

And...just as I was putting the finishing touches on the far end one of my children called my attention to the fact that littlest Kernel had somehow got his hands on a pink sharpie and was busily decorating all those beautiful white walls behind me.

#whynaturemadetoddlerssodarncutewecan'tstranglethem

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Matt: "Smile."
Alex: Squints

20190615_195738.jpg

Hey Sweet Boy!  We must squish you with hugs!

P.S. Stay away from Sharpies.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, maize said:

I finally finished painting the hallway.

And...just as I was putting the finishing touches on the far end one of my children called my attention to the fact that littlest Kernel had somehow got his hands on a pink sharpie and was busily decorating all those beautiful white walls behind me.

#whynaturemadetoddlerssodarncutewecan'tstranglethem

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I think I have a cold.  I have that scratchy feeling in the back of my throat and nose.  I don't want a cold.  I'm on break next week.  I don't want to be sick for my break.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

He was soooo pleased with himself; he looked at his handiwork on the beautiful white walls and said "paper!"

Clearly he thought I had just gifted him with the world's biggest sheet of fresh, clean paper 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I built a third bookcase and unloaded everything from all the cabinets, closets and shelves at the science center.  Now I have to organize and put it all back.  I was thinking I had all week to do it but we have 4-H Monday night.  The meeting was going to be at the lake (an end of year celebration) but it's supposed to rain and be late afternoon thunderstorms.  Which means we're back at the science center.  Which means I have two days to put everything away and we are going out to dinner tomorrow night with my dad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dh is driving to visit his dad who's in some kind of nursing home to get his meds regulated in the morning.  If he gets stabilized and doesn't lose his temper/get erratic, he can probably get moved to the same assisted living place as MIL.    Things are kind of looking like they have a chance of working out there.

• Like 8

My kids like drawing on walls but dh's dad owned a painting business and dh worked for him a lot during school.   So, he never sees it as a big deal to have to repaint something.  

Okay, time to take some Dayquil and go to bed.  I can't take Nyquil, it keeps me awake.  Dayquil makes me feel well enough to sleep.  I know, I'm strange.

• Like 6