Menu

What's with the ads?

I got lots done this weekend.  The living room was cleaned (for the first time in I don't want to say how long because it would be super embarassing), the bathroom was cleaned, most of the laundry was done (it's never ALL done), classes are planned. 

Still need to set up some school for the kids but they do two classes each tomorrow so Mondays are kind of a bust anyway.  

ETA: It's an -evidently I spelled embarassing wrong and I refuse to fix it, booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 7

Another attempt to deliver our couch is being made tomorrow.  Turns out dh has a doctor's appointment so my mother is going to come over to wait for the delivery.   I had promised the kids that I would bring the dog back to visit the last week of class (when he had to be there a couple weeks ago) so he's coming with me tomorrow which should make the delivery a lot easier.   Hopefully they'll bring enough people this time so they can actually get it into the house.    I'm so excited!  I'm so tired of sitting on my office chair with my feet on a beach chair.  It's pathetic.  And hard to work on my laptop like that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I went to evening service and now there's a tornado warning. That'll teach me to go to evening service!

The weather service was just preparing everyone for Alex.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I went to evening service and now there's a tornado warning. That'll teach me to go to evening service!

And Mary and John, apparently.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

It hit at my parent's house. Not the house, but heavy tree branches are down by the house, and some other stuff. The dog is safe though.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My intention is to arrange Annie's Song for the kids to learn and play for you some day.

🤗❤️

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Renai said:

It hit at my parent's house. Not the house, but heavy tree branches are down by the house, and some other stuff. The dog is safe though.

I'm sorry.

• Like 3

We dinnered. I made some really good calezones. Tweaked my recipe a bit. I think it's  keeper.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Renai said:

I was trying to remember people to check on!  I forgot to ask you!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I was trying to remember people to check on!  I forgot to ask you!!

They were going home, but had to return to Killeen for something. They got the alert while in Killeen.

• Like 6

So glad your family is safe, Renai.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I'm glad nobody was hurt!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Renai said:

They were going home, but had to return to Killeen for something. They got the alert while in Killeen.

Glad they were all okay and no damage to their house.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Glad they were all okay and no damage to their house.

Apparently, a shed blew away, leaving a pile of stuff on the foundation. And the high winds broke some large tree branches, but not near the house or patio (they think the dog may have hid on the patio)! Some neighbors have some damage (a large tree branch landed on an RV, and three trees fell in another neighbor's yard). My parents are walking the neighborhood today to check out how are things. 

• Like 7

And they want me to move back there...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

My dad has a security camera that was recording at the time. I'm surprised nothing hit the truck either!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

Hot!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️ 

I get to go see my GYN this morning. Oh joy. We get to discuss the results of my last ultrasound. 

Last week of school.

• Like 5

Free life lesson: pretty much everyone, no matter how wonderful they are otherwise, has one irrational opinion that they are kind of a jerk about and it’s just not worth getting upset and totally writing them off over. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The kiddos and I just made our marshmallow and pretzel constellations after finishing the Apologia Astronomy book.

We used to do science on Friday because it is dd11 and dd8's favorite.  A few weeks ago I decided to put this on Monday because they can listen to the audiobook while I write everyone's assignment sheets for the week.  Monday mornings have been going much better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

DD and I left the house at 6:30 this morning for swim.  I hit Planet Fitness.  And then walked a little more with a friend waiting to pick up kids.  Now, home again before violin lesson.  It feels like it should be bed time.  To-do list?  What to-do list?  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Svengo, Lynn!  That's too early!

I got the older youngers into The Big City for their first day of summer orchestra.  Will have to pick them up at 3, drive a mile to the Other University for choir rehearsal (don't let me forget to bring them some dinner!) and then straight to Scouts from there.

OK.  Time to pay bills and tackle the list of misc. stuff.  Not going to start on the pantry today.

Coffee!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Writing, writing, writing, keep those keys a'clacking, and write! Story of my life this month. Got 20K to write this week. But the boys get to go on vacation in a few days, which should leave me a wide open space for long sessions with my stories.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. 

axbIVXG.jpg

Mama duckling and her six teenage ducklings across the street.  Still following mama's lead! 

My kids don't even do this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Slache said:

Shoulda married a duck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Ds just came in all muddy and asked for a pencil and paper. He says he is studying rocks because he is going to be a brain surgeon and he needs to know about them in case people get hit on the head with one. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Switching from Oil of Olay to coconut oil has easily taken ten years off of my face in the past 2 weeks. I'm probably spending about 1/10 of what I was on lotion and it has not clogged my pores.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Ds just came in all muddy and asked for a pencil and paper. He says he is studying rocks because he is going to be a brain surgeon and he needs to know about them in case people get hit on the head with one. 😂

Smart kid!!

• Like 4

I wonder if the two little girls will switch places with me for an hour.  I can play MarioKart while they make dinner.  Hmmm.

• Like 7

The only thing that's getting me through this afternoon is COFFEE!!!!! and the knowledge that you can solve almost any math problem by setting up a proportion!!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I wonder if the two little girls will switch places with me for an hour.  I can play MarioKart while they make dinner.  Hmmm.

I offered a similar deal to Snugglebunny a few weeks ago. She started crying because she thought I was mocking her but really all i wanted was to sit down for five minutes and eat Cocoa Puffs in peace. 

• Like 2

Did not! I asked about math and she attacked by handwriting and then I said I miss my sweatshirt and she mocked me! Now I'm crying!

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Slache said:

Awix is like one day old in duck years.

DS is getting braces next month. We scheduled the appointment today after the ortho verified his teeth are ready. He's kind of excited--giving up popcorn isn't as bad as being able to pick your bracket colors is good, I guess. I am not looking forward to his having a sore mouth and losing his enthusiasm. Or having more appointments on my calendar. It could be a long two years.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Y'all, she asked for it!  Totally deserved! 

Of course she did. We all know Slashie is a trouble maker.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Of course she did. We all know Slashie is a trouble maker.😂

Am not!

Eta: I wasn't this time...

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Do you guys know if Famous Men From Ancient Times is the same "thing" as Famous Men From Greece/Rome? It has a different author but I believe is a list of biographies in the same general theme.

32 minutes ago, Slache said:

Do you guys know if Famous Men From Ancient Times is the same "thing" as Famous Men From Greece/Rome? It has a different author but I believe is a list of biographies in the same general theme.

Nope.

Ds14 LOVES all the "Famous Men" books.

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Nope.

Ds14 LOVES all the "Famous Men" books.

You don't know or it's not? Has she read/does she love ancients?