Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  

Maybe you can try for a second round of second sleep, Junie?

I don't have any Christmas Shopping done.  Nor any shopping for dd16's birthday.  I have LISTs, though.

I got up late, not realizing that dh and everyone were waiting to have Pie Breakfast all together.  Oops.  So we had pie breakfast and now I'm having coffee and thinking about what to do today.  The turkey broth is started in The Big Pot.  Kids might go busking after lunch and they will go with dh to get a Front Porch Tree.  I will not venture from the house except in dire emergency.  

At breakfast, the kids were singing a Song of California Woe - the fires outside are frightful, but the weather is delightful, and now we've no place to go.....can't remember the rest. At least some rain has finally come.

Coffee!

• Like 3

I have no nieces or nephews and never will.  My daughter has no first cousins on either side of the family.   But, I have first cousins that are her age, so they kind of stand in.  

I slept in a little bit today - 9:30am.  And I had to really force that.  <<sigh>> I used to be able to sleep until noon without a problem.  What is happening????

No plans for today except relaxing and working on classes.  And school planning.    Dh is doing a meal for homeless families this evening, then leaving from there to take MIL home.   He'll come back tomorrow in the hopes of avoiding Sunday traffic and weather.   Our weather prediction is getting worse the closer we get.  I really don't want to not have class on Monday.   

• Like 4

I did some Christmas shopping.  The thread on here suggested redbubble, and I found a bunch of stuff for dd from her DanganRompa fandom.  So she'll be happy.  She's also getting a Surface Pro, I think.  She does a lot of digital drawing and she mostly does it on her Kindle Fire tablet.   We've tried getting her different things in the past but she hated drawing tablets, hates styluses, etc etc etc.    A Surface Pro will work exactly like her tablet, and she can use the same software that she likes.  

Then I just ordered generic stuff like pjs and socks from Target.

I finally convinced dh we need to get a dishwasher.  I'm sick of washing dishes.  We're getting a new one and a new stove.  Our gas stove isn't working well and the burners need to be lit with a grill lighter, and one of them is leaking gas around the bottom.  That stove is 20 years old so it's time.

• Like 4

I just received a package.  It's addressed to my name, but the original address is someone in Virginia (I'm in NJ).  Evidently it wasn't deliverable for some reason and they forwarded it to me.   It's a Washington Nationals jersey (I opened it before I realized that there was a different address sticker under the one with my address).   I tried calling the phone number on the order form but it was a wrong number (nobody by that name), and I tried google and nobody came up.   I'm going to return to sender, but I find this very very weird. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I just received a package.  It's addressed to my name, but the original address is someone in Virginia (I'm in NJ).  Evidently it wasn't deliverable for some reason and they forwarded it to me.   It's a Washington Nationals jersey (I opened it before I realized that there was a different address sticker under the one with my address).   I tried calling the phone number on the order form but it was a wrong number (nobody by that name), and I tried google and nobody came up.   I'm going to return to sender, but I find this very very weird. 

Yes, that is really weird.  I hope you're able to get it to whoever it really belongs to.

(BTW, Go Nats!!!)

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

I have no Christmas shopping done,

No decorating done.

But, I do have leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast and peppermint mocha creamer in my COFFEE!!!~D. 

I guess I will take down autumn/Thanksgiving decorations today. This morning we will go to my Uncle & Aunt’s boutique. That’s always fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dd's iPod died.  We thought it was the charger but a new charger didn't help.   She lives on that thing and basically uses it as a phone (only on wifi) so we'll probably get her another one.  I'm wondering though....does anyone know if buying an older model iPhone and not getting service for it would work the same way?  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dd's iPod died.  We thought it was the charger but a new charger didn't help.   She lives on that thing and basically uses it as a phone (only on wifi) so we'll probably get her another one.  I'm wondering though....does anyone know if buying an older model iPhone and not getting service for it would work the same way?  

We bought a used iPhone 5s for the camera (kids took it to Costa Rica) and texting and facetime worked with wi-fi.

• Like 3

I'm been feeling blech all day today.  Slightly nauseous, bloated and just yucky.  I had leftover sweet potatoes for lunch and it made it worse.  Bad bad idea.  I think I'm just going to skip dinner.  

I've been paying more attention to how I feel after eating certain foods and I've noticed some minor icky feelings from some things and try to eat slightly less of those things.  I think yesterday was just too much of too many things that usually just cause a minor yuck.  

Drinking lots of water hoping to flush things out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Is everyone having a shulff day or still in turkey meal induced stupor? We are. Totally watching tv and playing on our screens. Course, I told the kids next week will be screen free except for school lessons. That is going to have to mean me, too, until they are in bed. 

Slache, I hope your FIL is ok. How strange. 

I’ve been moving in slow motion. Did a little on-line Christmas shopping. Took down the autumn/Thanksgiving decorations. Did budgeting stuff.

• Thanks 2

We have done Some Things.  Real Christmas tree is set up on the front porch and fake Christmas tree is set up inside.  I can't find the nativity, but have most of the decorations up otherwise.  Laundry is mostly put away.  I finished the Advent calendar drawers and practiced some Christmas carols on my mandolin.  I'm pretty bad at it.  Just remembered some music that I need to get printed for Advent.

We have had leftovers all day.  How do you make Turkey Tetrazzini?  I've never had it, and feel it is something I should try making.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

We have done Some Things.  Real Christmas tree is set up on the front porch and fake Christmas tree is set up inside.  I can't find the nativity, but have most of the decorations up otherwise.  Laundry is mostly put away.  I finished the Advent calendar drawers and practiced some Christmas carols on my mandolin.  I'm pretty bad at it.  Just remembered some music that I need to get printed for Advent.

We have had leftovers all day.  How do you make Turkey Tetrazzini?  I've never had it, and feel it is something I should try making.

Yes, you should try making it.

image.jpg

Oooh, it’s a Yummy Turkey Tetrazzini Booya/h!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, you should try making it.

image.jpg

Oooh, it’s a Yummy Turkey Tetrazzini Booya/h!

I have all the things!  Except I only have fresh mushrooms, but I can sauté them a bit first.  And no sherry.  Can I use cabernet sauvignon instead?  I don't know anything about types of wine except there is white and there is red.

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's so weird that tomorrow is Saturday.

I know! I feel like Matt has worked almost constantly since we got here. Now he hasn't worked the past 2 days, works tomorrow, then 2 days off again. Our eating plan is all fooied and the kids have forgotten how to function. I can't tell if we're having fun or not but I think it's good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

The correct educational philosophy is the one that works for the child in front of you *and* for you as the teacher. I also think that there will always be a lingering, "Did I do this right? Could I have done something different?" And I think that's healthy (at least to a point), because it keeps us evaluating the effectiveness of our methods. It keeps us flexible.

You are so good!

• Like 1

I feel better.   I ended up having some bread and sprite which settled my stomach.  Water was making me feel sicker.   Then I had pumpkin pie with cool whip and some apple juice.   Now it's after 1am, I feel okay and I'm getting ready to go to bed because I just finished my book.

I worked on a bunch of classes today.  I'm going to try and finish up the planning through Christmas tomorrow, then I can plan school through Christmas on Sunday.  And maybe some decorating.  

We're supposed to get a bunch of snow, ice, sleet and freezing rain between Sunday and Monday.  Which means I will probably end up canceling classes for Monday.  Which totally stinks because I'll need to use my make-up week in January.  Which stinks because I have a school program scheduled for that Monday, which means I'll need to find someone to cover my Monday classes for what will be the last day of the session.    Dh could do the older kid classes - physics and study skills, but one of them is little guys and he's not so good with that group.  Plus I want him to be my assistant for my assemblies.    I have some people I can call on as subs if needed.    I just was really really really hoping we wouldn't have snow days.  We only had two in all of last year IIRC.   I have a feeling this year is going to be a doozy.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I have no nieces or nephews and never will.  My daughter has no first cousins on either side of the family.   But, I have first cousins that are her age, so they kind of stand in.  

My kids have more than fifty first cousins.

Dh and I have seventeen siblings between us.

Unfortunately most do not live close enough to spend much time with. We do enjoy our family reunions.

I do not buy Christmas or birthday gifts for nieces and nephews, that would bankrupt me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1