Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  It's Saturday!

Time for second sleep?

We woke this morning to dd16 in a crying panic because her NaNoWriMo novel was all weird with the words squished to one side.  Fortunately she had been saving regularly so nothing was lost.  Only about 1500 words to go.  She is very excited about this novel and has actually invited me to read it "whenever I want"! :biggrin:

Dh is going to the church open the building for the Advent decorators and then he'll be bringing dd21 back to the university.  The Youngers have make-up lessons/recital rehearsal this afternoon.  I'm going to see if I can finish hemming the fabrics and order things for dd16's birthday.  I just thought of a box that might hold the nativity figures.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Good Morning!!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday. I’m so happy it is Saturday. I spent all day yesterday thinking it is Saturday. And now I get another one. Yay!!

I need to go to the Big City to Costco to get my glasses. I hope I like these new ones better. And I am going to stop at Hobby Lobby on the way. And pick up a few new Christmas things.

😂😂😂😂

”A few...” she said.

😂😂😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

The correct educational philosophy is the one that works for the child in front of you *and* for you as the teacher. I also think that there will always be a lingering, "Did I do this right? Could I have done something different?" And I think that's healthy (at least to a point), because it keeps us evaluating the effectiveness of our methods. It keeps us flexible.

You are so right. And I wish I had realized that 10 years ago.  There is no “best” or “one size fits all”. For anything. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maize said:

My kids have more than fifty first cousins.

Dh and I have seventeen siblings between us.

Unfortunately most do not live close enough to spend much time with. We do enjoy our family reunions.

I do not buy Christmas or birthday gifts for nieces and nephews, that would bankrupt me.

That's my generation.  There are around 40 of us ranging from 25-ish to 75-ish.   Then bunches of seconds, removed, and all that.   But my mom only had two kids, and ex-h is one of two brothers and neither of our brothers had kids (mine is married, his we're still waiting to come out of the closet).  I guess dd has first cousins by marriage on dh's side but the youngest of them is late 30's and she's barely met them.  She did hang out occasionally with one of dh's niece's daughter but they were never close.  

3 hours ago, Slache said:

"Come watch this woman pole dance." "Is this going to be an ITT thing?"

It's not a woman, it's a Unicorn!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I have all the things!  Except I only have fresh mushrooms, but I can sauté them a bit first.  And no sherry.  Can I use cabernet sauvignon instead?  I don't know anything about types of wine except there is white and there is red.

You don’t have to have the sherry. I thought I did and ended up not. I like the sherry in it, because it gives a subtle, yet distinctive flavor, but it is not essential. 

• Thanks 1

Here are the Advent Drawers.  (And the Giving Manger on top.  I will have to re-use a drawer for Christmas Day this year, and in years that Advent starts in November I will have to re-use a few drawers.)

image.jpeg

Oops, the wreath fell off the 6th.  Better go find that.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

We bought a new vacuum and a new electric skillet, and I'm so excited about those purchases that it made me feel old.

Well, that and the way everyone at the store looked like they were 12 years old.

Where's my cane? Get off my lawn!

I love stuff like that! And workout equipment I won't use. And office supplies. The holy trinity of Slache presents.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

O Renai of the Steel Trap Mind, did I mention last Feb. or so where I was going store the olive wood nativity figures?

Unfortunately, you did not divulge this information to ITT.

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Yes! One year, Dave got me four or five kitchen gadgets for Christmas, and his dad was convinced he was going to get in trouble for it. Dave knows his wife, though, because it's still one of my favorite Christmases. 🥰 And workout equipment and office supplies are dream aids, in my opinion.

It's an Oster, the biggest one they had for sale. I don't love the nonstick finish, but it lasts a long time if you only use plastic/silicone utensils in it. I'm excited because now I can make French toast in one, and bacon or eggs in the other. Or two pans of chicken, so there's plenty for lunch leftovers. Oh, the possibilities!

Bacon first, drain some grease, then eggs in the bacon grease. Easy peasy. (And what I did the other day...)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Renai said:

Dh said dyeing my hair took off 10 years. I asked if he was saying I looked old before...

Danger! Danger!  Abandon hope all ye that enter this territory! :laugh:

2 hours ago, Renai said:

Are there enough Christmas movies to watch one new one daily?

Yes.

51 minutes ago, Slache said:

Slashi has done quite a bit of swimming in the sea the past few days. I wonder if she's lost any weight.

Danger! Danger!  Abandon hope all ye that enter this territory!

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

We have 3 small fevers and 2 throwing up.

I don't approve of this.

• Like 4

Hope you have gotten food and are sound asleep, Critter.

It has been decided that Turkey Tetrazzini is awesome!  Even when baked waaaaaayy too long because ds24 put it in the oven to be done by the time we got home but we were 45 minutes late.  Still good, though!

How were the bells, Krissi?  I bet they were beautiful even in the rain!

• Like 4

MIL package. Includes stocking stuffers, new red and green church clothes for the short people, random GF items she got at Aldi for me (like I say, she's really nice, just very controlling) and everything from the wedding I told her I didn't want (there's the controlling part).

Imma eat my rosemary and olive oil crackers now!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Lot’s of COFFEE!!!!~D  It’s 5-$#@&#@:00 AM Pacific Standard Time. The cat woke us up at 4:00AM by jumping on the bed. She was not supposed to be in the house,  but she hides at bedtime and people think she was put out....😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🐱🐱 And then I couldn’t fall back to sleep because I can’t breathe and the rain is dripping on the roof.  So, now I am up. At 5:00AM PST. 😡

It’s Sunday. December 1. First Sunday in Advent.  

Bells went well last night. Thanks for asking, Susan. It was one of those things where I didn’t want to go, but once I was there I was glad to be there.  The weather cooperated. Our town has a huge Christmas tree at the main intersection down town. So, every year they have a lighting ceremony. A little choir from the Catholic school sang, the madrigals from the High School sang and the bells played. Then they passed out candles, we all sang Silent Night, Santa Counted down from 10 and the tree and all the down town Christmas lights went on.  It was very cool.

• Like 4