Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I am very thankful for my ITT friends. You guys are all the best!!

Two pies are in the oven. I have a few minutes to relax and drink my COFFEE!!!!!~D before I gotta go haul the turkey out of the fridge in the garage and figure out what to do with it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So another thing I am thankful for today is Dr. Google!  (It's true that I am fickle and will call Dr. Google an idiot one day and my favorite the next day.)  Dr. Google has assured me about 98% that this giant golf-ball-sized lump on my sternum is not a tumor.

Then what is It??? 

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Then what is It??? 

Most likely a Xiohoid Process (without pain) - inflamation due to stress from maybe as far back as a few years ago when I injured my sternum falling off the hammock and/or more recently from doing pushups.  I promised dh that I will still go to the doctor to have it checked.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Most likely a Xiohoid Process (without pain) - inflamation due to stress from maybe as far back as a few years ago when I injured my sternum falling off the hammock and/or more recently from doing pushups.  I promised dh that I will still go to the doctor to have it checked.

And yes you will, Missie. No un-checked golf-ball-sized-lumps around here, no sirree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Whew!  

18 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

And yes you will, Missie. No un-checked golf-ball-sized-lumps around here, no sirree.

Agree!

• Like 1

No snow here.  Just really windy.  We may have snow Sunday/Monday but I'm hoping it's not much.   I don't want a snow day to make up.  

I just did a bunch of shopping for Christmas since I realized it's closer than usual.  Mostly clothes.  Fun clothes in the correct fandom, but just clothes.   The kids never want anything anymore.  Although dd said she wanted play-doh.  She's 12.  

• Like 2

I love the snow. Especially when the house is stocked with all I need and I don't have to go anywhere. I live in an area where the streets are mas o menos clean, not like those who live further up the mountain and the streets are icy and snowy and nightmarey.

But, I have nowhere to go and the turkey is in the oven. Life is good.

• Like 5

A snow around Thanksgiving makes it more probable that we'll get snow around Christmas and forward. We are in the "high desert" and winter precipitation is really important and counted on. It's been dry the past couple of years which makes chance of fires higher.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

:smile:  How are you doing today?

46 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm boiling a pineapple and brown sugar glaze, spiced with cinnamon and clove. It smells so good in my house right now.

It sounds fancy, but this baked ham recipe is the easiest meat dish I've ever made.

I need this recipe for Christmas ham!  Pretty please?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

:smile:  How are you doing today?

zzzquil hungover. Going for a walk later hopefully.

32 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Deboned turkey waiting for a pan. Scotsman had to go buy one because mine are all too short!

FE6B058B-BEF0-44BD-A474-7EF8F2F5DD56.jpeg

Is this a thing? I have never seen this. What is the purpose?

• Like 1

Not a bad day today. Very rainy, though. It was about 38F and raining all day. A good day to be inside, and a better day to be hunkered down by a fire in my nice, quiet house with a fire and my immediate family, but we went out and I was slightly sociable as required. But not as sociable as I should have been. I have to work tomorrow, and to be honest, I'm a little peopled out at the moment. I think I may spend Saturday afternoon at my parent's house, writing and spending a few hours with just the cats around. I'm usually nice, but my introversion is taking a hit lately, it feels like.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Junie said:

I cheated on my diet today.

I figure if you can't cheat for (gf) lemon meringue pie on Thanksgiving, when can you cheat?

Me too, sort of.  Instead of small meals through the day I ate all my meals at one time.  Plus a second bonus meal of (sugar/gf) pie. :biggrin:  It was very yummy!

• Like 3

I was mostly good. I ate one helping only of turkey, because someone put a dinner roll on the plate. And I grabbed my one piece of pie before anyone else because I can't trust anyone not to use the same knife on my pie as others. GF isn't easy to do while eating with extended family!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I was mostly good. I ate one helping only of turkey, because someone put a dinner roll on the plate. And I grabbed my one piece of pie before anyone else because I can't trust anyone not to use the same knife on my pie as others. GF isn't easy to do while eating with extended family!

Ain't it the truth!

• Like 3

Buying Christmas gifts for my niece is fun!

She will turn 2 in January, so I am buying Christmas and birthday gifts.  She is my only niece (and I have no nephews), and will most likely be my only.  😞

My brother and his wife buy Christmas gifts for each of my kids every year and they don't have a lot of money, so I kind of want to go all out in spoiling her.  The biggest obstacle I am facing, however, is that they live in a 1-bedroom apartment -- they have no room.

Slache, help me out here...

• Like 3