Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would wonder if you have an inner ear infection.  Or if the crystals in your inner ear are out of place and you need the Epley maneuver. 

There are Youtubes on how to do it yourself but I have to leave and don't have time to search for them. 

I did this when I fell on my head a couple years back (backwards off a hammock). I didn’t start getting dizzy until a month or two after the fall. Jean, you’re probably the one who told me about it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

I probably get more done on Mondays, for the same reasons Slache mentions.  Though by far I get the most done when I stay up all night like I did last night.   Until I crash at 6:15am.  But it is worth it.  😁

I can’t get on board with this method!

41 minutes ago, Renai said:

Time to put garlic in my ears and gargle apple cider vinegar. 

Wait, I should probably do the garlic after I teach class...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh no - It’s a Quackers Must Sleep and Renai Must Not Get Sick booyah!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Yep. I tried everything. Even TeA. And jumping up and down. And stairs, spicy food, red raspberry leaf tea, pineapples...

I did not sit on the washer during 2 spin cycles, because of the whole Dave having a stroke thing. He's weirdly possessive of the appliances.

🤣

Sit on one of those big exercise balls with your legs spread.  That’s what they gave me during labor and 5 minutes later I was pushing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Slache said:

Don't tell anyone I said this. Ever since I started making my own laundry detergent I have enjoyed that portion of laundry because I feel like some kind of alchemist every time I start a load.

Hey! Have any of you read The Alchemist?

How do you make it? I don't remember you sharing a recipe...[insert toe-tapping guy here]

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renai said:

How do you make it? I don't remember you sharing a recipe...[insert toe-tapping guy here]

I just throw in borax, lavender baby shampoo and lavender essential oils, the amount of each I feel necessary for that particular load. I think it's fun because I sprinkle the Borax around, pour the shampoo in and then have to shake the oil in. Double, double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have a clean guest bath, just in time for my dad’s arrival tomorrow.  Hoping he and the dog get along.  He’ll be here for a week.  Svengo.

It’s weird having him visit without my mom. (Divorced this year.) even weirder will be Christmas with my mom, though, I think.  It’ll be her and her boyfriend. 😬

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I just throw in borax, lavender baby shampoo and lavender essential oils, the amount of each I feel necessary for that particular load. I think it's fun because I sprinkle the Borax around, pour the shampoo in and then have to shake the oil in. Double, double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble...

Wait, you deliberately pour oil on your clothes? 

That’s...interesting.

imma think on this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Wait, you deliberately pour oil on your clothes? 

That’s...interesting.

imma think on this

Yes, for the scent. Actually, the first time we bought it Matt got cedar because he loves the smell. Matt is allergic to cedar. It did not go well.

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Alex?

Woot!

40 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Scotsman says maybe in Season 3.

Lol! The plane thing or the space thing?

9 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Late apology for the terrible typos and spelling errors. Thank you for not eviscerating me for them.

I thought it was on purpose!

42 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

And I have a high school question but don't want to post there. Jean and anyone else?

Can I count BJU science as science with lab even though he is watching them and writing up the lab reports? 

Yep! I know a lot of people do it this way (at least I read about it on the internet, and everything there is true...). We did it for one of Dancer's classes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

The plane thing. The space thing isn't true, either. Think about it: if you remove your helmet in space to sneeze, you are dead anyway.

LOL! Thanks a lot.

No, the space thing was just in general outside of our atmosphere. So if you were in a spaceship and you sneeze your head would blow up. It was because I wanted to go to space camp, qualified for a scholarship and she didn't want me to go. The plane thing was because she didn't want to have to take me to the bathroom on the plane so she scared me into going before we went on.

I don't have a response for the second part, but it was purple so I had to leave it.

• Like 1

So I've been super busy all day AND I have company all week, so I haven't been on here much.  I must admit, I skipped two pages and came right to the end.  But now I feel like I need to go back and fill in the blanks.   I'm dying to know what happened with the animal pictures and putting oil on clothes.  I feel I MUST see what that was all about.  

This morning I had to send an email to 80 people because some didn't see the whiteboard calendar on my wall, or the post on my Facebook, or the schedule on my website, or hear when I mentioned it and I decided it was just better to make sure.  

Then I went to the classroom to clear out 15 tablets of all old programs, pictures, and such.  They were moving slower and I also wanted to put them all in airplane mode.

Then I met someone to go over some new rules for our local Facebook group (we're getting over run with ads).

Then I've been working on classes while being semi-social with MIL and my mom who came over for dinner.

Technically it's almost bedtime but I kind of want to read some in my book.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Amazing we have any astronauts left. I would think all you would do is shoot backwards cause no gravity. Which could be rather funny.

Yes, that's what happens.

I know, I feel like a complete idiot about it now. I don't remember how old I was, but I never thought about these things for years and years and then I realized that I believe them as an adult. So whenever someone says they're going to tell their kids something silly I bring it up. Please don't do that! You will raise an idiot like me!

Okay, it wasn't that interesting.  (sorry guys!)

I don't think Mondays are the best day of the week.  They are my busiest day normally.  I have three classes, two tutoring students, plus 4-H.   I haven't decided yet if having my busiest day early in the week is good or bad.

Good:  I would theoretically have more energy because I did more relaxing on the weekend, and that means the rest of the week will be easier as I get more tired leading up to Friday which is my shortest and easiest day.

Bad:  It's Monday.  It might be easier to ease into the week.   On weekends I sometimes stay up too late, then sleep in too late, which keeps me from sleeping well the next night which means I wake up Monday morning more tired.

• Like 1

Why are we being colorful?  

I want bunnies again but I can't convince dh.  We really don't have room and no adults are home during the day and we have a dog that's a hunting breed, so it's really probably not a good idea, but I still want a bunny (or two).   I used to have the sweetest half dutch, half lop that looked like Jean's black and white bunny except the white stripe only went from under her chin to between her ears and she had floppy ears.   Her name was Phoebe.  I don't remember why.

I had other bunnies, mostly geriatric ones that we took care of after they were too old for programs.  They weren't as nice.  I still have a scar on my wrist from getting bit by a rabbit.  We were told two of them could be kept together and they disagreed.  I had to reach in to separate them before the bigger one really hurt the smaller one.  

I've also been bit by a snake, an owl, a tawny frogmouth, a prairie dog, a turtle, a cockatiel, and a ferret.   Oddly enough, I've never been bit by a dog.  

• Like 5

I am so glad the day is done.  The kids were very grumpy at each other all day.  Dd21's immunization cost $156 (though we may get reimbursed if we've met the deductible) and she was not happy with the performance of or information from the pharmacist who gave her the shot. Lots of stupid driving in the stupid Big City Rush Hour Traffic.  Siri directed me to take 3rd ave. but when I got there it was blocked for construction and I was stuck and ended up having to drive back out of downtown and across the river before I could find a place to turn around and go another way.  The girls were late for choir and I heard a weird grinding noise from the van.  I survived a quick trip to Scary AFSA and then orchestra rehearsal - I don't like most of the music, but it was less confusing/annoying tonight than it was last week.

Heere Endeth Brain Dump.  Sleep well, ITT!  

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I am so glad the day is done.  The kids were very grumpy at each other all day.  Dd21's immunization cost $156 (though we may get reimbursed if we've met the deductible) and she was not happy with the performance of or information from the pharmacist who gave her the shot. Lots of stupid driving in the stupid Big City Rush Hour Traffic.  Siri directed me to take 3rd ave. but when I got there it was blocked for construction and I was stuck and ended up having to drive back out of downtown and across the river before I could find a place to turn around and go another way.  The girls were late for choir and I heard a weird grinding noise from the van.  I survived a quick trip to Scary AFSA and then orchestra rehearsal - I don't like most of the music, but it was less confusing/annoying tonight than it was last week.

Heere Endeth Brain Dump.  Sleep well, ITT!  

Thank you!  This reminded me to make appointments for blood work for me and the kids.  We're going Friday afternoon.   I especially want to get dd done since she's been tired and droopy a lot lately and I want to make sure she's not leaning anemic.  (It's soooo much fun being a girl!)

• Like 3

Good Morning!  It's another day off (except dishes, and planning classes, and planning homeschooling, and straightening up the house).  Dh and his mom are driving into the city this afternoon to visit some relatives.  I decided to stay home since it would be a long day home alone for the kids, including for dinner, possibly not getting home until pretty late.   

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday.... 2 days before Thanksgiving.

I woke up terribly early this morning. Couldn’t breathe. The wind from the cold front stirred up all the dust a garbage and the air quality was horrible yesterday. And it got below freezing last night.Apparently there’s a storm of epic proportions arriving today. I will believe it when I see it. We need the rain, though. 

I gotta get my act together today. Lots of baking. I need to make a list for the Afsa and pick it up in the way home from getting my hair done. Tonight is Thanksgiving at my parents’ house.  DS has soccer practice this morning. And my mind is feeling very unfocused.

• Like 3

We survived Frozen rehearsal and preview performance yesterday.

It is cold cold cold cold cold here.

Frozen in fact 😄

one more rehearsal today then they are off for Thanksgiving. First real performance is next Monday.

The kids love these shows and I love that they get to do them but I hate tech week and performance time; it takes over our life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It snowed last night; schools are on two hour delay.

I did not do garlic in the ear last night, but opted for hydrogen peroxide. It's easier. Woke up to slightly sore throat and a non-achy cough. 

3am wake up time to begin work, and only the first two classes went smoothly. The last three I had internet issues. I don't know what it is - Xfinity wonky? What? It sporadically has issues, goes down (although the modem says everything is peachy keen), then randomly starts working again. This is not okay. It cost me $30 for teacher no-shows (hopefully getting it overturned since I was on the phone app with the ESL company tech support as well). It is not the first time it has happened, but the longest. Xfinity tried to say there were loose wires, but there's no such thing, the modem isn't even in a place that it can move (in a corner between the wall and the solid wood shelf I use as a tv stand). 

Vent over.

So, I never did get my second sleep. I'll see how I do on 4 hours of sleep today. I could technically get a nap later, but there is so much other stuff I want to get done seeing how I was out of it yesterday and did nothing.

• Afsa pick up after dropping off Gymnast at the "homeschool classroom."
  • Clean the bathroom.
  • Gather all teaching boxes and materials not in use and make a run to the storage place.
  • Take pics of stuff to sell on FB Marketplace.
  • Go through stack(s) of clothes and get rid of anything that is not/will not be in use.

Actually, I think I will try an hour nap.

• Like 3

I went to the AFSA and did self checkout.  But it wasn't working very well and double scanned an item.  The clerk said it did that earlier.  Sure enough half way through my cart it decided to repeat-scan an item and would not stop - it rang up $100 worth of a $4 item.  😳🤪😂  She ended up canceling my order and I moved to another scanner to check out.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Happy Tuesday!  Coffee!!

We have sunshine and a degree of warmth today, plus no school this week.  It's lovely.  

I need to make the pie crusts and break down a thousand empty boxes I dragged out from the crawlspace during my all-night rampage.  KonMari says we don't need 'em, so out they go.  (If nothing else, ditching them practically guarantees that we will find the perfect home at the perfect price next week and then have to rummage through the dumpster at the liquor store for boxes.  It's the Umbrella Principle.  Gets me every time.)

I also need to make a pile of donatables for Dh to approve.  So emotionally taxing.  (Last I checked, KonMari is neither married nor kidded and for all practical purposes is entirely unfelpful in the Hoarder Husband and No Toy Left Behind departments.)  

Happy second sleeps to Junie and Renai and Slashie and everyone else who needs 'em.  Happy Thanksgiving Dinner, Krissi!  And hugs to all who need 'em.  Holidays can be hard sometimes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Hmm. I guess I've done more than I thought this morning.

✓ coffee with dh

✓ washed a load of laundry (drying now)

✓ washed breakfast dishes

✓ started school with Oldest

✓ swept the floors with Youngest

✓ started fresh pot of coffee for a friend who's stopping by to visit soon.

Not as bad as I thought. 

Still on the agenda:

* clean at least 1 of the 2 bathrooms

* mop kitchen

* make pie crusts (I know, I know)

* 1 more load of laundry and fold it all TODAY!

FTFY (Fixed That For You).    

Because folding is evil.  I'm firmly entrenched in the No Folding camp.  (Except for my own clothes, because --duh-- wrinkles, and I hang most of mine anyway.)

You're welcome. 😁