Menu

Ignore this thread!

Just now, ThatBookwormMom said:

Just tell her yes and make her wonder what other mysteries await in parenthood.

My mom used to tell me lies like if you sneeze in outer space that your head would explode. I accepted them as truth and then in my adult life randomly realized things that I had never realized before because I hadn't thought about them. Another one was if you pee on a plane and flush the toilet without getting off of the toilet your insides would be sucked out. That one gave me nightmares.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Every time I shifted or woke in the middle of the night (last night), I felt like I was lying on a merry go round.

I would wonder if you have an inner ear infection.  Or if the crystals in your inner ear are out of place and you need the Epley maneuver. 

There are Youtubes on how to do it yourself but I have to leave and don't have time to search for them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I can do that! I thought you meant write down all the stuff I did yesterday and check it off today. I did lots yesterday, but didn't get to make any check marks because I didn't find them until today.

If I need a list written down I will write down my entire routine for the sake of seeing things in context. Some of the things may have already been done but I want everything written down for reference. I have to check off of things that I've done so I get a quick visual account of what's left. It always feels good when I sit down and write everything down and I already get to check off a bunch of stuff!

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is pain what keeps you awake?  I actually slept for about an hour before pain woke me up. I just took pain meds to hopefully take the edge off so that I can get back to sleep. 

Pain sometimes keeps me from getting comfortable, but it doesn't usually keep me awake really late.  

I think a medication that I have to take several times a month causes insomnia.  It seems to be a pattern over the last few months.  I have checked to see if sleep issues are a side effect of the medication, but it doesn't seem to be documented.  It has been my experience, however.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Pain sometimes keeps me from getting comfortable, but it doesn't usually keep me awake really late.  

I think a medication that I have to take several times a month causes insomnia.  It seems to be a pattern over the last few months.  I have checked to see if sleep issues are a side effect of the medication, but it doesn't seem to be documented.  It has been my experience, however.

I have found patient forums to be better sources for "real life " experiences like that than the official medication sites. 

I have my first 1000 words for the day, and laundry is almost done. Cooked my chicken for chicken and dumplings tonight. Now I just need to make my Birds' Nest Pudding, and dinner will be almost done except for putting everything together this afternoon. 

I've got line edits to do this evening for a short story, and a blog post to prepare for tomorrow, and then I'll probably get my revisions up before the long weekend. I have to work, and I'd rather not be rushing to get everything done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

When I replaced our wedding towels a couple years ago, I got linen ones instead of cotton.  Best move ever, since they air dry really quickly.  

What towels do you have?

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

The Queen's favorite day and I are in total opposition.

I don't remember, have you been told who the Queen (of ITT) is?

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Slache's idea, but totally true! His head has dropped low, but his feet are still in my ribs. And he's not shy about letting me know he's there! Lol.

I have one that doesn't like grilled cheese, or toast, or any kind of "crunchy bread." He also won't dunk cookies in milk because crumbs.

I also do not dunk cookies for the same reason.

I am not well. I was up a lot of last night with a cough that hurts and makes my chest burn. I think I remember having this same thing 2 years ago. I was able to sleep again after the 4am classes, but still got less than 6 hours of sleep. And I have a migraine.

Last night, my bp shot up to 176/122. That wasn't good. It's back down to normal now, though, so I get to follow ITT rules and live. I'm lazing on the sofa trying to sleep with Chinese dramas on Netflix.

I can't find my purse and I need it so I can go buy cat litter. I also need to put in this grocery order before Afsa runs out of The Things, but I don't want to drive up there to get it. Then again, I also don't want to go buy cat litter because I don't want to drive because of the migraine.

Que dilemmas.

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Scotsman and I are planning a Nursery Graduation for the 6 kids moving up. I need some ideas for a SIMPLE craft they can do. The idea is to have the new teachers be there, show them their new classroom, where they will sit in the Big Room, and have a snack. I was going to make cookies because I think cake will be a mess! 3 year olds and all that. Scotsman wants to make them a little certificate. 

Captain just woke up drenched. Gotta run.

There are a lot of free nursery graduation certificates you can download from the internet. Let me check my files, I may have one...

19 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Ohh— I like it!

All my kids take melatonin after dinner. Totally safe even foe the under 3’s. My olders take 2 5mg and Captain takes 1 5mg. Uni Boy tajes 2 10 mg every night.

Except for those that it gives nightmares to, or those that get their sleep cycles screwed up due to it. (I'm not bitter at all, maybe a wee jealous...)

18 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I don't think Cheeto is coming this week, despite doing ALL the things I can think of to encourage him. I'm resigned to another week as a lump on the couch. Fortunately, we're off school until after the new year, so I don't have to pretend to focus.

Did you try the Waka Waka?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I was told very early on that Ellie is the Queen? I don't know what that has to do with Mondays are NOT the best day, though. Sundays ROCK! I get to praise Jesus and worship with fellow Christians and sing hymns at the top of my lungs! Also, we get to spend time together as a family ALL DAY and NOT do a ton of housework or schoolwork. Sundays are the best days EVER!

Oh, good! Honey, I don't know why she likes Mondays either...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Yep. I tried everything. Even TeA. And jumping up and down. And stairs, spicy food, red raspberry leaf tea, pineapples...

I did not sit on the washer during 2 spin cycles, because of the whole Dave having a stroke thing. He's weirdly possessive of the appliances.

🤣

Wow. You're so great! I admire pregnant women that would actually listen to me, lol!!!

Cheeto's not ready. Leave him alone. Besides, you don't want to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital (or birth center, or a taxi on the way, wherever you plan to be..)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Yes, but *I'm* ready, lol. No, I drew the same conclusion, and I'm done trying for awhile. I'll keep up on the red raspberry tea, though. And I may Waka Waka again, because my kids thought I was the coolest mom ever. I love Shakira, though bellydancing while pregnant and out of shape at 33 is way different from bellydancing while trim and toned at 20, lol.

So I'm doing what I always do to make myself feel better - I'm making lists and planning and trying to make all things ready. I have lots of food in the freezer and pantry. The sheets have been changed, and there's a clean sheet on the bassinet. The hospital bag is (mostly) packed and Cheeto's clothes are clean. The diapers are stocked. I'm almost finished with the bathrooms. I didn't get the school-y packets done yet, but I'll work on them after the bathrooms. And I'll place a huge library order so I don't have to worry about the kids having enough to read in December. I'm now working from the theory that as soon as my list is complete and I decide to rest, *that's* when labor will start!

The Waka is definitely cool when pregnant! I was 37...I probably looked crazy, but the people who love me didn't think so. 😄 I love red raspberry tea! I buy herbs in bulk so had that, red clover, spearmint, and I don't know what else. Since it was winter, I was also drinking a lot of vitamin C. Don't do that! I found out later it makes the water sac stronger. No wonder they had a hard time breaking it even though I'd been in labor for a while and at 42 weeks! Sheesh. I won't do that again. Although, there won't be another time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Mondays are the best days because you get the most accomplished.

I don't believe a human being can start their own labor.

Don't throw things at me.

Most of my accomplishments happen later in the week. Monday, I'm barely warming up...

• Like 3

Went to give bunnies their greens.  One fell out of the cage in her eagerness.  Chased bunny down the hall.  Got Juliet to do her fantastic bunny herding.  While I was doing that, the other bunny jumped out of the cage. . . Finally got both bunnies back in their cage.  Gave them their greens.

Have given myself my greens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Went to give bunnies their greens.  One fell out of the cage in her eagerness.  Chased bunny down the hall.  Got Juliet to do her fantastic bunny herding.  While I was doing that, the other bunny jumped out of the cage. . . Finally got both bunnies back in their cage.  Gave them their greens.

Have given myself my greens.

#steps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I do not agree. I can get more done on Saturday than any other day. Hand the children over to DH because there's no school and get ALL the things done.

I agree, humans cannot induce their own labor, but they can encourage it. And in my case, you can most definitely stall it. When I'm in pain, NOTHING is happening. My body won't let it.

🍅🍅🍅🍅

See, mine are 9, 6 and 3. They work with me. The baby picks up and makes beds, the 6 can clear and wipe counters, face books, organize, and the 9 (quite tall) is basically another adult. Dishes, laundry, pet care. I can get a ton done with them home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We are back from the zoo. The cheetahs were awesome and the anteater had a baby on her back. I’m glad we left when we did because the wind started picking up and by the time we got done with lunch at In ‘n Out,  dust was blowing everywhere. It is awful out there. I am so glad to be home and out of it. I hate wind.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Renai said:

What towels do you have?I

I bought mine here, slowly and when I had a promo code,  but back then the owner was only selling out of Canada and still on Etsy.  Now she's got a CA location and it's much pricier.   :mellow:  Mine are the flat ones, not the waffle weave.

It looks like you can find linen on Amazon and other Etsy sites now, though.  Mine are 100% linen; so while a linen/cotton blend is cheaper and softer, it won't have the same quick-dry and antimicrobial (not musty-smelling) quality as 100% linen.   The hanging-tab is nice too... we can hook them over the shower curtain holder thingies, which is handy since we only have one towel rod for all seven of us.

Edited by lots of little ducklings
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I was told the meaning of this term but only because I was really beginning to wonder how many of you have farm animals, and I was never told the origin of where it came from.

On ITT, I never know when animals are just animals and inanimate objects are just that. Ex: teA, AFSA, bOOks, bOOkshelves, goat,... I'm sure I've left some out and there's probably loads more I'll encounter along the way. 

The only animal that wasn't actually an animal was the goat. And technically, people are considered animals. We call children kids, anyway...

All the others you attribute to ITT are actually from WTM lore (except AFSA), an old thread was even provided about teA.

It is fine to ask questions here, just remember that online a person's tone can come across as accusatory rather than genuinely asking. 

We're pretty great here, and ITT is our happy place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

What about half done stuff? Do they count? I wanna make check marks!!! ✓✓✓✓✓✓🤣

Try your list like this.

Instead of

• Laundry

Use

• 1st load of laundry in washer
  • 1st load of laundry in dryer
  • 2nd load in washer
  • 1st load folded
  • 2nd load in dryer
  • 2nd load folded
  • Laundry put away

See? Seven accomplishments! Not just one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1