Menu

Ignore this thread!

i don't think I've ever heard of an outer-ear infection.  I guess it makes sense that it's a thing since there's an inner-ear infection.

Dh went to work around 8am.  Around 8:30am they closed the company.   Serves him right for going in early all the time.   Although honestly, there's still nothing happening.  Some light snow.  I figured they'd close when it started actually doing something.

Today's agenda:  plan school since I didn't get to that last week.  Put my class plans in my planner.  I have Powerpoints for most classes but I put a 1/2 slip in my Happy Planner with a list of what I need to pull out for each class.  Makes it easier to set up.

• Like 4

I have screwed up some things and somehow managed to fix them, grocery shopped, and banished the goat.  I think I realized that I am wavering between panic and depression this morning because I was being stabbed in the shoulder all night.  Not really.  And then another part of me was hurting due to hormonal stupidity.  We have to leave in 45 minutes.  I want to eat All The Chocolate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I want to refuse to clean my room, but it has got to be done. Gah. But man, I don't want to. My hands are so dry, and although I'm putting lotion on them all the time, they'll stay dry and cracked. Everything hurts. But once it's done I don't have to do it again for a whole week.

Slowly getting through my list. Almost done drafting for the day!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdVentPo:

Oldest has decided he's NOT going to do his math today. It's the only class we've had ALL day. I refuse to move on to another subject and allow him to escape math AGAIN. This is absolutely ridiculous! He knows how to do the work, just refuses because it's hard and doesn't want to. I think I might need a blood pressure cuff on days like this.

Is he 11?  We have the same problem here.  Often.  😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

3 weeks seems like a long time.  I'm only off 2 weeks and I'm off the entire week of Christmas and the entire week of New Years.  I think the public schools open up again January 2nd, so they are off maybe a week and a half.

It does seem long. When I was full-time homeschooling, we pretty much took off most of December anyway. But, we sometimes did a Christmas around the world here and there, kept up a little math and reading, all very relaxed.

The schools have always only had two weeks. I scheduled my Spanish classes through the week prior to Christmas. Turns out, Gymnast will be home that whole week instead of part time school through Wednesday. It shouldn't be too bad though, as the Spanish class is really early to accommodate overseas time zones, so I can just let her sleep a little later.

Speaking of school, she's skipping school today. She's been saying she didn't want to go back today since last week. I don't know why. She's going to miss tomorrow too because we're going to Albuquerque to watch a schooltime version of the Nutcracker. We spent the day relaxing, prepping for my Spanish classes, straightening up the living room, putting up the Christmas tree, listening to Cinnamon Bear, and now watching A Meaningful Life (VeggieTales version of It's a Wonderful Life, which we watched the other day).

Hmmm, looks like she'll only be attending four days this month... I better plan something...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

This is copied from what I wrote in Quill's habits thread, and it just scratches the surface of my planned baby steps, but it is what I'm starting with. I hope to add five baby steps each month, building on what I did the month before. Recognize any advice you've given me? Lol. Hopefully I'm a good listener.

A few goals for 2020:

*Drink only water or (unsweetened) herbal tea after my one cup of coffee with half n half.

*Exercise for 15 minutes 6x/week

*Make half my plate veggies, more than a quarter protein, and only a little starch.

*Plan times for planning/routine maintenance, and keep those times!

*Take time each day for spiritual enrichment, and time each day for personal education, even if those times are only 10 minutes each.

And a new one, courtesy of PeterPan's French cooking thread: cook my way through How to Cook Everything.

I don't think you remember what babies are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m mean. We have Christmas Day and the rest of that week off. I’m not big on long breaks. I already have kids screeching about how bored they are after school is done each day.

Not mean. The only reason we go relaxed for school is because I have the winter version of spring cleaning during December. She has to help. 😄 

• Like 2

I remember 9. And 11. I seem to recall realizing then that the boys needed more work with Fractions than CLE provided, so we did a page of Key to Fractions every day, and then did the same with Key to Decimals. I also broke big lessons into two because of fatigue. Maybe I'm just soft, though. I had a lot of discussions that involved words like, "I know you don't remember this, and it's tough, but that's why we practice, and one day it's going to be just like breathing."

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

The spiritual enrichment and self education will happen while nursing. I'm hoping and praying for 15 minutes to just stretch and move my body. I probably won't do the cooking thing, but it would be fun.

You think this is too much? You know how I overplan...

No...

:biggrin:

Hmmm. Ok. Let's see.

*Drink only water or (unsweetened) herbal tea after my one cup of coffee with half n half.

Yes. Very good.

*Exercise for 15 minutes 6x/week

I love this.

*Make half my plate veggies, more than a quarter protein, and only a little starch.

This is good. Just listen to your breastfeeding body.

*Plan times for planning/routine maintenance, and keep those times!

I don't know what this means.

*Take time each day for spiritual enrichment, and time each day for personal education, even if those times are only 10 minutes each.

Yes. Good.

And a new one, courtesy of PeterPan's French cooking thread: cook my way through How to Cook Everything

Oi. Ok.

I think most of my resolutions following the boys' arrival pretty much revolved around eat all the things, sleep when they nap, and try to get a shower at least every other day.

ETA: adjusting expectations Booyah?🤣

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

In my experience, the only stage harder than the newborn stage is the teenager stage. You got a double dose of both with twins! I'm not sure I'd survive it. You deserve an award... or 2! 

They say you are supposed to forget the newborn stage? Yeah. That never happened.🤣

• Like 3

I actually really, really like the teenage stage so far. Sure, they are still snapping turtles from time to time. But I snap back pretty good, and for every one of those moments there are plenty of moments sunning on the rocks and enjoying life. I got two of the easiest kids in the world, I swear. I am so very, very lucky.

Snapping Turtles

They slip out of their ponds in the morning,

They see who can grumble the most,

As they crawl to the table for breakfast,

Where they sun over oatmeal and toast.

They’re generally known as teenagers,

But I know by the shells and the tails,

They swim in emotions grown stagnant,

And are clothed in their tempers like scales.

Still I love them and won’t be dismayed,

When they bite, snap, and splash me with tears,

They’ll be human again, I imagine,

Creeping out of the swamp of their years.

Random Musings

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm beginning to think through some goals for next year. What do you guys have going on?

Wash, rinse, repeat.  Same things, up a level.  Getting dd16 ready to graduate and move on to something.  Watching dd21 getting ready to graduate and move on to something.

oh, are you talking about New Year's resolutions?  No. Probable goals are to continue on my current health journey, go to the doctor, and get my hair cut.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I have nothing interesting or witty to say today. I’m getting depressed, I think. Too much financial stress that won’t be relieved until tax refund time. 
SIGH! Whatever. We have lemon meringue pie for dessert. That makes everything all better.

When life gives you lemons, make lemon meringue pie.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Morning!  Happy Monday.   Okay, I know it's not Monday but yesterday was a snow day so it feels like Monday.   I slept like crap again but today I was up at 6:30 and I have three classes and we'll go to the gym tonight, so hopefully that means I'll sleep better.  

It's going to feel weird getting back to things.  That break felt sooooo long.

• Like 3

My kids are actually pretty easy.  They have their challenges - ds has ASD, SPD and is gifted (and seems to be developing some OCD) while dd has ADHD and anxiety.  But we work with what they need and things usually go well.  When they don't, we take a break and regroup.  We're all a bunch of introverts too, so time away often makes a HUGE difference when things get tense.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

The kids are going to practice their instruments and then we are all going to the AFSA.  Ds14 needs dress shirts, dds13&16 and I need glasses, and various kids need gift exchange and donation gifts, and I have some groceries I need to pick up.  With any luck, we will be out of there by dinner.  :wacko:  Various family members have rehearsals in the four corners of the globe tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

The pie was delicious.

Critter, I live your poem.

I feel the same about my kids, but they are NOT easy! Not a one. Each has been a challenge in different ways but such a blessing! I wouldn’t trade them, just certain days...

This is how I feel.

Sometimes I wonder if I am only imagining the ways they seem more challenging than average, then I get around other kids and realize yet again that no, my kids are not typical. 

They are also awesome kids, I wouldn't want to trade them in for all the world. But they are a lot of work to raise!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!

School and work. I have a very difficult phone call to make today. 😩😩 I hate that.

DS has a soccer game this afternoon. Their first one. I hope they do well. They likely won’t win, but I hope it isn’t a blow out.

• Like 4

Caffeine. Then I have to put together my list to do today, and get after it. I'm working on making Tuesday and Friday light days--not much housework, and only done at the end of the day to simulate work next week and all of the rest of December. That's kind of hard. I want to do it now. But I have to practice ignoring it until seven, when I'd be home, and also focus on making the boys and DH realize that things do have to be done at the house even when Mom isn't here to do it.

• Like 4

Regarding math.

We did a super relaxed early math here because he's a writer, not a mathematician. Now that he does a long worksheet (Saxon) I had to rework the schedule. Now we do math first so that it's just done. We do...

1. Morning Time
  2. Hygiene break
  3. Mom heavy subjects (including Math)
  4. Chore break
  5. Independent subjects
  6. Active break
  7. Group work
  • Like 3

I hab a code. 

To that end, I have opted out of going to my writers' meeting tonight, not wishing to infect everyone with my loud, obnoxious sneezes. However, the folks at Walgreen's will have to endure me, because I have to pick up a prescription for my MRI tomorrow. I am claustrophobic, so they want me to take some happy pills. But other than that, and taking care of the cats, I'm done with the day. Got some writing stuff that I can do in bed, and have scheduled a hot bath for myself tonight to relax and open my airways. I'm sort of looking forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1