Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Junie said:

In related news, 😉

I have got to figure out a better way to keep the kids on track when writing research papers.  We are weeks past deadline.  And there has been much complaining this morning.

Ds14 is also way behind in his research paper.  I just now gave him a short lecture on the need to spend more than 7-1/2 minutes per day on it if he expects to finish before starting 9th grade.  :dry:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Drinking my magnesium now and trying to figure out how to up my intake over all.  Exploring transdermal methods - but not baths because finding a good time for a bath with my schedule and with young people competing for the bathroom just doesn't work. 

We had a magnesium mineral spray once upon a time.  You sprayed it on your skin.  What about soaking your feet in a deep bin of warm water/magnesium?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Remind me - is it a video?  I know you posted before...

It’s a video on Amazon Prime. “Yoga for the Inflexible”.  I love it because it truly is for beginners. Some of the ones I tried are long (an hour) and hard. This one is great. Each video is 15 minutes long, sometimes I do two. And they are very simple poses. But they are effective. I have noticed a definite difference in my strength and balance since I started a month ago.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s a video on Amazon Prime. “Yoga for the Inflexible”.  I love it because it truly is for beginners. Some of the ones I tried are long (an hour) and hard. This one is great. Each video is 15 minutes long, sometimes I do two. And they are very simple poses. But they are effective. I have noticed a definite difference in my strength and balance since I started a month ago.

Thanks!  I added it to my watch list so hopefully I won't have to ask you again.  😜

• Like 3

I worked and reorganized my dresser. I completely redid this guy's kitchen organization system because he keeps not eating anything because he can't reach it. I got permission first. He's thrilled.

How do you get the smell of urine out of fabric? I put fresh sheets on his bed today and they smelled like urine when they went on. Everything that's clean smells like urine. There has to be a way to fix this. She uses Arm & Hammer detergent and vinegar.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Want!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I worked and reorganized my dresser. I completely redid this guy's kitchen organization system because he keeps not eating anything because he can't reach it. I got permission first. He's thrilled.

How do you get the smell of urine out of fabric? I put fresh sheets on his bed today and they smelled like urine when they went on. Everything that's clean smells like urine. There has to be a way to fix this. She uses Arm & Hammer detergent and vinegar.

Nature's Miracle?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luuknam said:

Standardized testing finished and in the mail back to Seton. Woohoo! 

P.S. Hi! I did a good job of ignoring this thread, didn't I?

Yes.  And we're none too happy about it!  :laugh:

Aside from standardized testing, how are things in Veggie Land?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Pretty good. This past week was a bit crazy, with Broccoli yelling "Pikachu" a lot - not sure if the stress of testing was getting to him, or the anticipation of his first soccer match (which was canceled because of weather), but anyway, that's over now. They play soccer three nights a week now through some free local program at the park a block and a half from here, so that's nice. And Celery still reads books like they're going out of fashion - this week he's read Animal Farm, 1984, and Lord of the Flies, among other ones (where's that fainting emoji?). 

• Like 6

Tired!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

How did it go?

Good. It's going to be simpler than I thought, just lots of work.

48 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Nature's Miracle?

Oh! Oh oh oh! Can I run that through the washing machine? I must needs to google!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Want!

What about a good soak in a white vinegar and water solution?  Congrats on a successful first day!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JCL said:

What about a good soak in a white vinegar and water solution?  Congrats on a successful first day!

I'm not there long enough to do this and if I do it overnight his entire apartment is going to smell like vinegar. Good idea though. Apparently, Nature's Miracle makes a laundry boost. I am going to suggest that.

And thanks!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

Just now, Slache said:

I'm not there long enough to do this and if I do it overnight his entire apartment is going to smell like vinegar. Good idea though. Apparently, Nature's Miracle makes a laundry boost. I am going to suggest that.

Vinegar smells better than cat pee. 🤷‍♀️ Tastes better on salad too. Nature's Miracle should do the trick though.  It's good stuff.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a The Last Unicorn scarf that I absolutely adore because my girlfriend gave it to me but I do not wear scarves and it just dawned on me to adorn the photo we have hanging over our bed with it so I moved the bed out of the way so that I could get to the photo and then went to the closet to get the scarf but I had moved the bed so that it was completely blocking the door.

Go me.

The scarf does need some fluffing but I will do that later.

20190510_175749.jpg

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Rockin' Green Funk Rock. Made for cloth diapers. Amazon has it.

I am going to have the house to myself (and kitty) for over 40 hours. Unprecedented. I have A List.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, luuknam said:

I was thinking about you just the other day!  How’re things?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luuknam said:

Pretty good. This past week was a bit crazy, with Broccoli yelling "Pikachu" a lot - not sure if the stress of testing was getting to him, or the anticipation of his first soccer match (which was canceled because of weather), but anyway, that's over now. They play soccer three nights a week now through some free local program at the park a block and a half from here, so that's nice. And Celery still reads books like they're going out of fashion - this week he's read Animal Farm, 1984, and Lord of the Flies, among other ones (where's that fainting emoji?). 

Never mind!  You already answered.  Yay for reading!  

• Like 3

Four fairy gardens made for Mother’s Day. One for my mom, two aunts and my aunt’s neighbor lady who they always invite for Mother’s Day. This has been the year for fairy gardens. But they are very fun to make, even though they can be a tad bit expensive.

I hate Mother’s Day. I like making stuff for other people, but it has traditionally been an extremely stressful day for me for some reason.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Tired!

Good. It's going to be simpler than I thought, just lots of work.

Oh! Oh oh oh! Can I run that through the washing machine? I must needs to google!

I think you can. Another option is a product called "Kids and Pets." It definitely is okay in the washer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, luuknam said:

😑

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I thought we had a rule about that???

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slache said:

Want!

Anti-Icky-Poo. I need a bottle before summer. It helps with boy aroma as well. Not that I smell less like a goat after a few minutes in summer heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

You're purty!

Thank you... I think?

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Four fairy gardens made for Mother’s Day. One for my mom, two aunts and my aunt’s neighbor lady who they always invite for Mother’s Day. This has been the year for fairy gardens. But they are very fun to make, even though they can be a tad bit expensive.

I hate Mother’s Day. I like making stuff for other people, but it has traditionally been an extremely stressful day for me for some reason.

The fairy gardens are darling!  What a creative use of succulents!

• Like 5

Boss: *makes terrible chart that's difficult to follow*
Me: *makes better chart*
Boss: "This is amazing! How long did it take you?"
Me: "Probably about 2 hours."
Boss: "Ok. I'll add it to your paycheck tomorrow."
Me: "That isn't necessary."
Boss: "Yes it is."

:wub:

10 minutes ago, JCL said:

Thank you... I think?

I like your profile picture.

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dh and I went out to our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant and then to Lowe’s. I’m a cheap date. But now the puppy’s nose is snurfing overtime. She lives vicariously through our smells. 

Did you get the stuff to fix the hole at Lowe's?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dh and I went out to our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant and then to Lowe’s. I’m a cheap date. But now the puppy’s nose is snurfing overtime. She lives vicariously through our smells. 

That is my favorite kind of date. DH and I have had many of those.

• Like 4

I just finished watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I watched it when it was first run on tv, but season 7 was right in the middle of my divorce so I didn't remember a lot of the details.  It was a good ending.

Dh is at his parents for the weekend.  I have to do lots of cleaning both at home and the classroom.  Always full of fun!  I also have to run to Michaels for some more photo boxes to organize at the science center and beads to try AGAIN to fix a bracelet dh bought dd at the Museum of Natural History.  And Dollar Tree for the fun notebooks mentioned in another thread.

ETA:  A Buffy booya!

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I need a Mother's Day idea for my mom.  Dh is making dinner at her house when he gets back on Sunday.  I'll get a card.  Gift cards are useless since she never really goes out.   Those succulent gardens were so cute, maybe something like that would work.   Mom likes plants.  Other than that she sews, reads on her tablet and that's about it.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Critter, morning knows better than to break the ITT rules!  And eating is good.

Those are cool stamps!  I had no idea you could get stamps by mail.

FIL's email mentioned how excited he is that he can drive now because he was actually able to get into his car AND move his foot from the gas pedal to the brake pedal.  :dry:

I have to leave with the kids in a little while for the children's choir concert in The Big City.  I'm helping at a welcome desk and the kids have rehearsals so we have to be there this morning even though the concert doesn't start until 3:30.  I need to remember to bring a water bottle.  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1