Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Critter, morning knows better than to break the ITT rules!  And eating is good.

Those are cool stamps!  I had no idea you could get stamps by mail.

I have to leave with the kids in a little while for the children's choir concert in The Big City.  I'm helping at a welcome desk and the kids have rehearsals so we have to be there this morning even though the concert doesn't start until 3:30.  I need to remember to bring a water bottle.  

Coffee!

This is how I usually buy stamps.  It seems that they are having some kind of delay next week, but that is atypical.  My orders usually arrive really quickly (2-3 days, iirc).

My post office usually has a very small selection of stamps.  I figured out that I could buy some really neat ones online, so that's what I've been doing.

These are some of my current favorites:

first responders: https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/honoring-first-responders-S_478104

sportsball!: https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/have-a-ball-S_474904

The Snowy Day: https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/the-snowy-day-S_676104

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!

Got another UTI.😩😩😩😩 Came up suddenly. I was fine yesterday. Woke up in the middle of the night with horrible lower back pain. Now all the traditional symptoms have appeared. I did one of those AZO pee-on-a-stick tests and tested positive for both nitrites and leukocytes. So, we called the Dial-a- Doctor and he’s sending a prescription to the Afsa.

• Sad 8

This is the first Saturday in a long time that I didn't have to wake up to work. I don't know what to do with myself. There is a lot to be done, though. I'd ask Slash to plan my day, but she's already tired. 😞

It's supposed to go back up to 60 degrees today, but now it's still cloudy and cold. I don't think it'll snow again, though.

• Like 6

I looked at the clock at some point this morning, thought it said it was after 10am, decided I didn't care and went back to sleep.  Woke up hours (??) later and it was just after 9am.  So, not sure what time it was the first time, it was getting light out so maybe a 6 or 8 had the curve like a 0?  Anyway, since it was early I decided to get up and out the door to do the shopping I needed to do, grab some breakfast at Panera and get home to do laundry and clean all day.   So far that plan is working except I'm on here instead of cleaning.  But there is a load of laundry in the washer, the piles and baskets that were sitting around all week are folded and sorted, so it's a start. 

I think we'll just pick mom up a plant for Mother's Day.  I did get a card.

• Like 5

We still didn't get the updated schedule for dd's TKD.  He said he'd be sending it out Thursday or Friday but nothing yet.  I really would like to know what we're looking at since they are cutting down the number of classes.  Our schedule isn't super complicated but it would still be nice to know what's up.

• Like 3

Today's plan is to work on sewing a few tops for spring and stuff my face with things like Starburst, Laffy Taffy and caramel.  T-minus 4 days to spacers and 11 days to braces.  Eat all the naughty things!

• Like 7

I am so tired. My back hurts. I'm glad I'm done. I love this job. I was a caretaker for my grandmother and then in large part my neighbor when she started failing. I never knew I could get paid for it because I don't have a degree. If I have to work for money I want to do this or work with dogs. 

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Go seep?

Ok.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am thinking hard about a nap, but I know I'll have to fight two cats for control of the bed. Not sure it's worth it at this hour in the day. Maybe just try to stay awake until bedtime. I am supposed to go take care of my parents' cats, but there was a fire in their neighborhood and I can't get in yet. This evening, maybe. Writing for now, but so sleepy...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Renai said:

3 HOURS?! 

Ya'll aren't taking this thread seriously!

I was delegating all the housework to my sla-I mean kinds. Ahem.

Tomorrow should be mostly lazy. Sleeping in, school prep and hubby will probably do a shift. I don't think I've done nothing in a long time and I miss doing nothing.

• Like 6

New top was a flop.  Spent the rest of the afternoon cutting and sewing skorts so my thighs won't touch and I won't die this summer.  Going to have to figure something out in the shirt department or there will be complaints made by the neighbors.

41 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I am quite ill. But no dying per ITT rules. DH got my prescription, so hopefully that will start working.

UTI's are the worst!  Hope that prescription has you feeling better soon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I am quite ill. But no dying per ITT rules. DH got my prescription, so hopefully that will start working.

UTI sisters.  :sad:  Did they give you some of that medicine that numbs your system and turns your pee bright orange?  It helps.

#isaidpee

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So have you read the book (series now) F in Exams?  Sounds like you have an interesting book series in the making.  :laugh:

I've...never heard of this...

If misplaced commas kill kitties, what do misplaced apostrophes do? I see a lot of these. Ex. coun't = count

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Morning. DH let me sleep in 20 minutes. Then he sent the affectionate cats in to get me up. Then I took requests for the grocery list, was presented with a picture of a volcano, and it was suggested I get my pants on and go cut weeds in the garden. All before my first cup of tea. 

In other news, my back hurts and I'm tired. 🤣

They didn't change it to super mother's day?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Happy Mother's Day.   Dh woke me up sending a text to let me know he was on his way back from his parents house.  He actually spent the night at a hotel with MIL because FIL lost his mind and kicked him out of the house.  They are still working on getting him into assisted living.

It's gloomy and rainy and I woke up to garbage all over the kitchen floor where the dog got into it.  I get to finish laundry, wash dishes, head to the science center to do some re-organizing, set up school, then we are going over to my mom's for dinner.  Dh is making a seafood dinner for us - Mom and I for Mother's Day, oldest dd for her (delayed) birthday dinner.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Happy Mother's Day!

Scout campout did not go according to plan (thunderstorms 😕), so DS and DH arrived home at 11 last night, waking me. I got back to sleep around 1. No quiet productivity for me this morning. We are all tired. If I'd known they were coming back last night, I would've used my time differently yesterday (doing the same amount of work, but different work).

Kitty is DELIGHTED that her favorite person finally came home. She spent yesterday alternating between pouting and asking me to play mousie. 🐈

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Happy Mother's Day.   Dh woke me up sending a text to let me know he was on his way back from his parents house.  He actually spent the night at a hotel with MIL because FIL lost his mind and kicked him out of the house.  They are still working on getting him into assisted living.

Heads up that anger issues over elder care are really common but if the anger is out of character, that’s a warning sign of dementia.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Heads up that anger issues over elder care are really common but if the anger is out of character, that’s a warning sign of dementia.

Yeah, we know he has dementia.  He's also non-compliant with meds.  And they thought he would die over a year ago.

About a year ago he talked about getting a gun but of course nobody was going to help him with that.  We are in a state where getting a gun is not that easy thankfully.

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!

no COFFEE,!!!~D this morning. I’m trying to drink lots of water.

I think I am going to live. Thank goodness. I don’t want to face the wrath of Whitehawk the Enforcer due to no compliance with ITT rules. Slept well last night, and I am up and having tea and granola for breakfast, DH took the kids to church.

Happy Mother’s Day to all my sweet ITT friends. You are all really quite wonderful.

My kids gave me my presents this morning before I got up. They are real gift givers and know their Mom well. I got three COFFEE~D mugs. One very lovely ivory and gold one that says in script “Jesus and Coffee” because “you drink coffee during your devotions, Mommy.” And then DS gave me a Marvel Comics coffee mug that changes color when you put something hot in it, and also a travel mug with an automatic stirrer. And I got a pack of gum and a pack of kitchen washcloths. DH took them to the Afsa yesterday and it looks like they had a good time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

My dad has dementia. It’s been progressing slow, but lately he has been getting very very angry with my mom over little, insignificant things. It’s really quite heartbreaking,

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Krissi - don't put the changing color mug in the dishwasher!  The very hot dishwasher will make it change color for good.  Ask me how I know. . .

Thanks for the heads-up!!! I will make sure I hand wash it.👍

• Like 4