Menu

Ignore this thread!

Too many more posts left to pad to the end.  Oh well, the only advantage of being on the east coast is I tend to be one of the first on here in the morning.  

Hump day it is.  Three classes then school with my kids then tutoring then home to relax.   I have to swing by the store on my way in this morning so need to get in gear about 15 minutes earlier than usual.  I need some supplies for today's classes.  

Looks like dd may have trouble doing school independently.  She has in the past but seems to be too much independence at this point.  We're trying some new things and if that doesn't work she'll be sitting at the side of my classroom working on school while I teach.    It's weird because it's not that she needs help doing the work (except math sometimes), she just can't seem to sit down and do it.   We are pretty sure she has adhd, so that could be part of the problem.   

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Okay, I counted and there are way too many posts left on this page for me to get the squillion points booya.

I was up during the night, coughing.  Checked in here, counted the posts and decided not to try.  There go our points.  And our chocolate chip banana bread.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I will also be baking banana bread sometime today. I have a lot of bananas, and Krissi says, but my art teacher's DH isn't doing well, and I think she needs some banana bread. In the South, it's usually banana pudding, but bread is more portable. 

• Like 6

Good morning!

Yesterday I remembered a place we would go camping when I was very little - 4 or 5yo?  Madeline Island in Wisconsin.  I remember the excitement of taking a ferry to the island, and picking wild blueberries, and walking my puppy.  There was a little general store and my dad  would buy me a round tin of fruit candies.

Aldi this morning.  Tonight we'll eat Greek at church, and then the children's choir rehearses for Sunday's concert with the singer.  We don't have a good music track for practicing, but I guess we will make due.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

I have one more ESL class to teach (one cancelled at the last minute, which is why I'm HERE), then I really need to figure out a teaching schedule for next year. I'm usually pretty close, or already have, a fall schedule out by now, but this time I'm stuck.  One would think that teaching from home would make things easier. Hopefully, hump day will help me get over this hump.

• Like 4

OH, and half the things in my signature are not true. Gymnast throws a wrench in everything I try because of the wonderful child she is, keeping me young by keeping me on my toes. So, I have to figure out what to do with her next year, too.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I've got to think up a name for my series this morning. This is proving to be harder than I thought.

Is this a self-imposed deadline?  I think you need more time to come up with the name.

I would think that it's similar to naming a child.  So many aspects to consider.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

Is this a self-imposed deadline?  I think you need more time to come up with the name.

I would think that it's similar to naming a child.  So many aspects to consider.

No, not self imposed. But it won't be permanent either. It's for pitching the books to publishers, which probably is going to happen in the not-to-distant future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

It’s Humph Day!!!!!

Angi got the Booya/h!!! And the Squillion Points. And the banana bread. And the free trip to the Island where she gets to get a prize from the Treasure Box.

And Maize is first runner-up. She gets some banana bread, too.

Aww, heck, banana bread for all!!

No Enrichment Academy today because #SpringBreak, but we have to go to the Big City for a field trip to Trader Joe’s. 😩 And then, we’re having lunch at DS’s “girlfriend’s” house. I put that in quotes because they are just in junior high and only see each other at Enrichment Academy, but he’s been bugging me and bugging me about seeing her and it’s important for him that I like her mom, so.... whatever. I’m very glad that it’s important to him, but this is honestly an introvert’s worst nightmare. New people. A meal. I just want to stay home. I think I feel a brain tumor or something coming on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Renai said:

High school diploma and biliteracy seal has been ordered. Now I'm ordering senior pics thingie (the girls took pics at the beginning of the year). What else does my daughter need? There won't be a ceremony or anything.

She needs a tassel!  Because tassels are fun!  And a black graduation gown so gymnast can use it for dress-up. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

She needs a tassel!  Because tassels are fun!  And a black graduation gown so gymnast can use it for dress-up. 

Lol! She doesn't want a gown (I don't think). At this point, she's just happy to get a diploma so she can move on with life! She has already moved out a few months ago, so will be coming here to get it. Or maybe take her out to dinner or something? I don't know. I just know I want it to be a big thing, without it being a big thing. KWIM? LOLOLOL!!!!

• Like 4

Mary just got her birthday gifts from MIL.

So, a few years ago she wanted to get Mary barbies but she already had several so I suggested the African American one and MIL completely flipped out because Mary's not AA. We never really got on the same page, my point was just that they all look the same so send something different. AA, redhead, whatever, just not another blond. She sent a blond one. Whatever.

Today Mary opened Hispanic beauty and the beast.

Ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Lol! She doesn't want a gown (I don't think). At this point, she's just happy to get a diploma so she can move on with life! She has already moved out a few months ago, so will be coming here to get it. Or maybe take her out to dinner or something? I don't know. I just know I want it to be a big thing, without it being a big thing. KWIM? LOLOLOL!!!!

Dinner out would be nice. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Renai said:

33 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dinner out would be nice. 

I was thinking dinner out too, plus a small fancyish cake or dessert?

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

The fridge got too cold and now my broccoli salad is frozen. :sad:

This is very sad.  Can it be salvaged?

• Like 3

It's time to start ordering end-of--school-year books and I haven't even started a list yet.  Ds23 graduated a year ago, so technically he doesn't get any.  But. That's a hard one. I suppose it's OK to acknowledge that he has moved on to another stage of life.  And I can get him books for his birthday.

#isaidbut

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

A car without a driver just rolled backwards down the street. Fortunately it was stopped by a curb. 

#excitementinthebigcity

Shoot! Let me go check to see if my car is still in the driveway!!!!!

Ok, it's still there. This happened to me once, actually. My new-to-me car doesn't have good hand brake. I have to yank it all the way up to make sure it STAYS. One night, we all went to the grocery store, and while inside the intercom came on saying the person with license plate #xxxx please go to the front. I hadn't even memorize my plate number yet, but knew it was my car and that it had rolled backwards. It was sitting in the middle of the parking lot, which is also the entrance to the store at the stoplight. Sigh. Thankfully, no one hit the thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

It’s Humph Day!!!!!

Angi got the Booya/h!!! And the Squillion Points. And the banana bread. And the free trip to the Island where she gets to get a prize from the Treasure Box.

And Maize is first runner-up. She gets some banana bread, too.

Aww, heck, banana bread for all!!

No Enrichment Academy today because #SpringBreak, but we have to go to the Big City for a field trip to Trader Joe’s. 😩 And then, we’re having lunch at DS’s “girlfriend’s” house. I put that in quotes because they are just in junior high and only see each other at Enrichment Academy, but he’s been bugging me and bugging me about seeing her and it’s important for him that I like her mom, so.... whatever. I’m very glad that it’s important to him, but this is honestly an introvert’s worst nightmare. New people. A meal. I just want to stay home. I think I feel a brain tumor or something coming on.

Definite nightmare. That's why when dd wanted to meet up with an online friend I suggested going to the museum.  It was centrally located and would give us all something to do to make it less awkward.  It worked, it was a very nice trip.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We’re home. We survived. I am eating a Trader Joe’s Crispy Rice Milk Chocolate Bar. I shouldn’t be because sugar and carbs but.... lunch with DS’s “girlfriend’s” family was fine. Her mom is very nice, but 2 1/2 hours of visiting....😩😩😩😩 I am so glad to be home.

The Trader Joe’s field trip was great. They gave us all kinds of yummy things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Libby is spending a lot more time on her face (aka faceplant).  And now I have to carry her up both flights of stairs.  I'm not sure how much longer she will be with us. 

I'm really sorry about Libby, Jeannie!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I was at children's choir.  It went pretty well.  The Concert Singer is very personable and super good with kids, so that was all good.  I handed in the Good Friday music with all the bowings.

We are now essentially done with history, writing, and science for the year.  Some Students are a little behind on literature, and others are asking for other things to read.  Tomorrow they will have to try to label a world map from memory with the primary countries and seas we studied in history and the continents and oceans, and finish copying their final chreias onto regular paper and read aloud to everyone.  I have a few more weeks worth of story time books I want to read, and not sure after that.  Right now we're reading The King's Fifth by Scott O'Dell, and it's a bit of a slog to get through.

• Like 5