Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 minute ago, Slache said:

But I want all the things. :sad:

For things like that I usually pick from a curriculum's TOC and teach what I want.

So...don't buy it, look at a TOC, and teach what you want. 😄 

This is why you love me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t need to buy anything other than math for my younger elementary kids. Everything else came from the library. 

Sort of related:  my daughter has been asking me questions about my homeschool philosophy and methods. It’s been fun because of course she has her own memories of it. She acknowledges that homeschooling has been very good for our family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I didn’t need to buy anything other than math for my younger elementary kids. Everything else came from the library. 

Sort of related:  my daughter has been asking me questions about my homeschool philosophy and methods. It’s been fun because of course she has her own memories of it. She acknowledges that homeschooling has been very good for our family. 

I needed a phonics curriculum and I'm glad I bought a writing curriculum for him. Other than that I agree. While he wanted the history I bought this year I think he would have learned and enjoyed more without it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Agree. Buying more just causes more guilt. 

I've never felt guilty, but I don't buy much. I just make lots of lists.

34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I kinda do, too. But.... I also kinda don’t.

Historically, when random babies show up in your house you keep them.

21 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It's raining

Did you make it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, egao_gakari said:

Stopping gluten didn't have that effect for me... Fish oil seems to be the key!

I have no idea whether fish oil affects me or not, but I've enjoyed eating the capsules (yes chewing them up) since I was a kid and will go through an entire large bottle in a week.

Yes I am weird.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, maize said:

I have no idea whether fish oil affects me or not, but I've enjoyed eating the capsules (yes chewing them up) since I was a kid and will go through an entire large bottle in a week.

Yes I am weird.

Does it taste bad?  I've never taken fish oil, but heard some people don't like the after taste.

17 minutes ago, maize said:

Yes I am weird.

Does it taste bad?  I've never taken fish oil, but heard some people don't like the after taste.

Oooo.  Double post!  It's a sign.  I should start taking fish oil.  😂  Will it make me feel and look younger?  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I mopped the kitchen.

Do I win a prize?

Chocolates!  And an all-expense paid trip to the ITT Island!

2 hours ago, Slache said:

You guys are really gonna make me get the book, aren't you?

Throw out all those curriculum catalogs right now.  You'll never miss them, and that Japanese lady will be proud of you.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I made a phone call. Svengo!!

Well done!  🏆

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I kinda do, too. But.... I also kinda don’t.

Yep.  I volunteer in the church nursery once a month.  That's enough for me.

12 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Is it bad if one side of your throat hurts more than the other side?  

One side is beating up on the other side.  Tell them to hold hands and sing Weird Al songs.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I accomplished a few extra things today.  Floor mopping, string part editing for the Good Friday service (8 of 10 pieces done), a second running of Wally the Third, and laundry.  I forgot to pay the mortgage and make a seating chart for children's choir.

Dd20 gave up meat for Lent, so I am reworking menus and shopping list for the week.  It's not too difficult - mostly just switching some meals around from other weeks' menus.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Oh, Kriiissssssiiiiiiii!  

Do you like the Notgrass thing you bought?  From Adam to....

I do like it, a lot.  But... (and why do I always have to do a disclaimer when I say I like Nottgrass?) you have to get used to it. It’s different. But I really like it.

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Hi Krissi!

Hi Slashie!! 

Hey, ya wanna come and do dishes for me??? I’ll give you some chocolate chips!!

and this Booya/h is brought to you by “Bribery with Chocolate Chips” starring the Original Booya/h Babe!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KrissiK said:

Yes we do, actually!! When my kids are asked, “Where do babies come from?” They reply, “a lady brings them in a car.”

They get brought to you? I was joking. I thought you had to go get them from the hospital/office. I don't know many adoptive parents. Is there an app for that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Yes, you are right. And the Silk Road. They’ve got great lessons on random things.  And, I like their literature selections.

I like the literature for ours as well.

Just now, KrissiK said:

Hi Slashie!! 

Hey, ya wanna come and do dishes for me??? I’ll give you some chocolate chips!!

No thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Slache said:

They get brought to you? I was joking. I thought you had to go get them from the hospital/office. I don't know many adoptive parents. Is there an app for that?

Our little girls were brought to us. The boys...we picked them up from their foster home and my oldest DD, we did get her from the hospital. She was only 2 days old. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Our little girls were brought to us. The boys...we picked them up from their foster home and my oldest DD, we did get her from the hospital. She was only 2 days old. 

Interesting. We can't adopt yet in our current residence. We might move in a year because of it. I shall learn more as time goes on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Interesting. We can't adopt yet in our current residence. We might move in a year because of it. I shall learn more as time goes on.

It’s a crazy ride, but I love my kids more than anything.

and don’t read the threads on adoption. A lot of people have horror stories, but a lot have good stories, too, and they don’t always share them.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Renai said:

How were you going to send them to ME???

No, the MasterBooks ones. Like "look, you match!"

17 minutes ago, Renai said:

Did you see the Tracing and Coloring booklets? I'll be expanding those...

I don't remember the content.