Menu

Ignore this thread!

16 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My house no longer looks like a slob lives here after I finished vacuuming. It looks like a messy cluttered person lives here but not a slob. My friend who loves me no matter what is coming tomorrow. I didn’t have to clean up for her but I like to take advantage of the motivation. But now I am dead. (It’s ok- Whitehawk- I’m not really dead). 

Clean floors are the bestest. Makes everything look great, even if all the rest is a pigsty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

In other news:  Why I do not live in Texas (or anywhere else in the South)...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/19/texas-homeowners-45-rattlesnakes-under-house/3220089002/

My dad got bit by a rattler a couple of months ago. He opened up his front door and it was there and bit him on the foot. My mom was close and grabbed a brick and killed. Took it to the hospital, along with dad. Dad was in the hospital a few days. I asked him, what was the reason they wanted me to move there again???? They said it was the first they'd seen in over 10 years, but still...

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Renai said:

My dad got bit by a rattler a couple of months ago. He opened up his front door and it was there and bit him on the foot. My mom was close and grabbed a brick and killed. Took it to the hospital, along with dad. Dad was in the hospital a few days. I asked him, what was the reason they wanted me to move there again???? They said it was the first they'd seen in over 10 years, but still...

I think my grocery bill might be cut in half, all of our other bills are 75% of what they were. If getting bit by a rattlesnake every 10 years is the price I pay for being able to afford not living near my in laws I'll take it!

BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I don't approve of rattlesnakes.

(But I would also live near them if the alternative was living near my in-laws.)

I don’t approve of them, either. We do not have them in our particular vicinity, but they are numerous in the foothills in the summertime.

• Like 1

I haven't seen rattlesnakes in over 2 decades. I've only seen them in wide open spaces though, so not really an issue.

It's 4:45. Mr. Sick Baby is confused and up to play.

Eta: Hims fell asleep in Daddy's arms and is back in bed now.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

Morning.  A rainy cold gloomy Thursday.  Yuck.  Not a rough day though, 3 classes 1 tutoring session and I'm done. 

I'm supposed to have a 4-H Fair meeting tonight but dh got an appointment with the social worker about his parents first thing tomorrow morning so he's running down there tonight.  He's taking my car and I hate driving his, especially at night especially in the rain.    

• Like 5

I'm taking myself on a field trip today. I had to do some laundry first, and I'm taking a meal to the church for our priests (I cooked everything yesterday except for the peach pie; and I wrapped each thing--mashed potatoes, steamed lemony carrots, American's Test Kitchen meatloaf--in foil instead of putting them in individual containers which must be washed and returned and whatnot, making my inner Martha Stewart twitch, but practicality over cuteness, right?) I'm just goofing off now while waiting for the dryer to stop and the pie to cook.

That is all.

• Like 3

So we are really happy with the new-to-us car and all.  But the dealership has some serious issues when it comes to organization.  They forgot to order new plates, so dh had to go in to get another temporary plate.  They said they'd fix the moulding while dh was there, but they had ordered the wrong part.  Come on, people.

Gotta pick up dd16 from tutorial and stop by the bank.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Home relaxing while dd finishes her math.  She thinks it's easy but is worried that means she's doing it all wrong.  Hopefully not.

Dh is heading to his parents tonight, has a meeting down there tomorrow morning, then is coming home tomorrow afternoon.  I have two classes, D&D club, then a workshop Saturday.  Into the city Sunday.  No day of rest.  

Two more weeks of class for this session, except Monday and Tuesday which have snow make-ups.  Then I'm in my last 8 week session for the year.  I can't believe how fast it has gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

:wub:

I'm so confused!  What did I miss?

You had a leg cramp, you drank pickle juice...... and..... what happened?? Leg cramp went away? You turned into a two-headed monster? You were immediately transported to the ITT Island? What happened? We are on pins and needles here!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

You had a leg cramp, you drank pickle juice...... and..... what happened?? Leg cramp went away? You turned into a two-headed monster? You were immediately transported to the ITT Island? What happened? We are on pins and needles here!!

:laugh:  Yes!  My leg cramp went away AND I was magically transported to the ITT Island - light breezes and swaying hammock, dolphins swimming about, pretty shells to collect, and a chef who made the most delicious surf and turf dinner, including salads, fresh fruit and vegetables, and a root beer float for dessert.  The bungalow had fancy soaps and shampoos and chocolates and a soaking tub and a Nectar mattress.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Dh forgot to plan something for dinner before he went off to the big city for meetings all day.  Kids had leftovers and he had a quick bite before he left to drive down to his parents.  I'm working on classes and feeling lazy so I'm having whole grain english muffins with chunky peanut butter and tea for dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

:laugh:  Yes!  My leg cramp went away AND I was magically transported to the ITT Island - light breezes and swaying hammock, dolphins swimming about, pretty shells to collect, and a chef who made the most delicious surf and turf dinner, including salads, fresh fruit and vegetables, and a root beer float for dessert.  The bungalow had fancy soaps and shampoos and chocolates and a soaking tub and a Nectar mattress.  

Back in the day on VegSource, we had a spa and a swing and a closet full of chocolates and cozy quilts and the bunny slippers. 🙂

• Like 3

It's midnight.  I really should be in beddie bye.  But dh is away and I never get to sleep on time when he's not here.  Usually I read.  I've been watching old episodes of Buffy.  That should lead to a good night's sleep, don't ya think?

I'm going to bed now.  7am is going to come way too early already.

• Like 3