Menu

Ignore this thread!

PSA: Tomokazu Ihara of Japan, Johan Steene of Sweden, and Jamil Coury of Arizona came in together for a Fun Run Finish.  They have been tapped out.

Karel Sabbe dropped out of loop 4 and has been tapped out with a Fun Run finish.  No Barkley finishers again for 2019.

Few have ever touched
Five times on a Fool's Weekend
Barkley's yellow gate.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

PSA: Tomokazu Ihara of Japan, Johan Steene of Sweden, and Jamil Coury of Arizona came in together for a Fun Run Finish.  They have been tapped out.

Karel Sabbe dropped out of loop 4 and has been tapped out with a Fun Run finish.  No Barkley finishers again for 2019.

Few have ever touched
Barkley's yellow gate.

What on earth are you doing awake?

• Haha 1

Happy Monday!  I'm hoping my kids, particularly ds, forgets it's April Fool's Day.  

Saturday I had over 9,000 steps by 3pm just from doing the 4-H Science day.  Sunday I spent a few hours walking back and forth cleaning the classroom and only had 3,000.  I'm wondering if my Fitbit doesn't always read the same.  Or maybe I just really can't judge at all.

Didn't really start IF this morning.  We had a leak in the kitchen disposal so dishes were everywhere on the counter (we only have about 3 feet) and I couldn't use the stove for my tea, which meant I couldn't do the bone broth.  Had one cup of tea without bone broth and a slice of wheat bread to avoid the stomach upset.   I'm logging food, exercise, etc in my fitbit app.  That way I can do it on my computer or my phone.

I set a weight loss goal of around 19 pounds (going to a nice rounded number).   I find it easier when I'm super busy as long as I'm intentional about it.  I'm certainly super busy these days so we'll see.

• Like 4

Remember how I was overwhelmed with life and stopped my habit journal before the move? Well I'm starting one today. Focus areas are physical health, spiritual growth and development of knowledge in the areas needed for school.

And of course I chose April 1st to start. :blink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!  Happy April Fool's Day!

The children's choir did very well yesterday at the concert.  No one fell off the risers or threw up, so that was good.  I have to practice the Wizrd of Oz music this week and there's a wedding on Friday night.

Coffee!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Few have ever touched
Barkley's yellow gate.

Ok, Susan, I think you have garnered a few more Barkley followers, here!!😂😂😂. I looked it up this morning!😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, Susan, I think you have garnered a few more Barkley followers, here!!😂😂😂. I looked it up this morning!😂

It is said that you watch "The Barkley Marathons" documentary to be inspired to run it, and then you watch "Where Dreams Go To Die" to realize what a stupid idea that is.  :laugh:  I will be happy enough hiking (the easier trails of) the park and taking photos by the Yellow Gate every so often.

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Someone please come unpack my boxes. I cannot pay for gas or compensate you for your time. Today is fine.

On my way.  I'll bring lunch.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm on page 39/50 of The Wizard of Oz.  It's going OK.  I'll pick it back up tomorrow and finish and then work my way through it again a couple times before next Monday.  Most of the tempos are blazingly fast. "Jitterbug" is a nightmare.  Imma do the glider, get lunch ready, do some more glider, banish the goat, and get ready for story time.  I have an hour and 50 minutes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm on page 39/50 of The Wizard of Oz.  It's going OK.  I'll pick it back up tomorrow and finish and then work my way through it again a couple times before next Monday.  Most of the tempos are blazingly fast. "Jitterbug" is a nightmare.  Imma do the glider, get lunch ready, do some more glider, banish the goat, and get ready for story time.  I have an hour and 50 minutes.

Dd14 concurs that "Jitterbug" is a nightmare.  "It is.  It really is."

She plays flute and she said that moving from the Low C to the High C over and over again is like yodeling.  :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. I need caffeine, and then it's the first day of Camp NaNo. I'm on for 120 hours of writing this months. Better get started.

I came on to ask if you were doing Camp NaNo. I think I'll try. Are you in a cabin?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

26 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dd14 concurs that "Jitterbug" is a nightmare.  "It is.  It really is."

She plays flute and she said that moving from the Low C to the High C over and over again is like yodeling.  🙂

Ya'll made me look this song up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Renai said:

Corn chips with salsa is low-cal and takes away my munchies.

I count carbs, not calories. It's a new thing. I'll let you know if I wake up skinny.

I just had salami and mozzarella. I'm out of salad! Weep for me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I count carbs, not calories. It's a new thing. I'll let you know if I wake up skinny.

I just had salami and mozzarella. I'm out of salad! Weep for me.

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I love corn chips but corn chips don’t love me. 

It’s a nice day out. I should go walk around campus a bit.  Steal some more lavender. 

Ack! I meant tortilla chips, not corn chips. I hate corn chips!

Salsa has no carbs. Eat it with the mozzarella. That's good!

• Like 2