Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think I solved a plot problem tonight. We'll see how it writes in the morning. 

Tomorrow, I will go waterfall hunting. My back needs a walk, and my eyes need a good dose of spring green. It will be cool, but that's what jackets are for. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Junie said:

March Madness continues...

I just had a great time chatting online with ds18 through part of a basketball game.

Ds18 and I are the only ones who really enjoy watching sports.  Dh and the girls really don't care.

I can’t remember if you said, but who are you cheering for???

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Awww, but you gotta pick someone. I’m not really paying attention, but I think I will be going for Kentucky.

With college basketball I just kind of follow ds18's lead.  We were rooting for Virginia tonight.  (UVa. won.)  :)

In any game I watch I pick a team to cheer for.  Even if I don't like either team, I always choose someone to be happy or sad with.

When I was in college I worked on Monday evening.  I would get off just in time for the second half of Monday Night Football.  There was a big hall with a movie screen for students to watch the game.  If the game was two teams that I was ambivalent about, I would cheer for whoever was losing at halftime.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

With college basketball I just kind of follow ds18's lead.  We were rooting for Virginia tonight.  (UVa. won.)  🙂

In any game I watch I pick a team to cheer for.  Even if I don't like either team, I always choose someone to be happy or sad with.

When I was in college I worked on Monday evening.  I would get off just in time for the second half of Monday Night Football.  There was a big hall with a movie screen for students to watch the game.  If the game was two teams that I was ambivalent about, I would cheer for whoever was losing at halftime.

I like the way you pick them. I generally go for whoever has the cutest players or head coach.😂

But I just picked UK at random. I don’t like basketball at all, but I felt like I needed to pick a team. I prefer football and then baseball.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I like the way you pick them. I generally go for whoever has the cutest players or head coach.😂

But I just picked UK at random. I don’t like basketball at all, but I felt like I needed to pick a team. I prefer football and then baseball.

Baseball > Football > Hockey > Basketball

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Awww, but you gotta pick someone. I’m not really paying attention, but I think I will be going for Kentucky.

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You picked UK because you're my bestie!  I am an alumni after all.  😊  Obviously, basketball is huge here.  Everyone makes up brackets, etc.  I'm not a huge fan - I figure there's enough of those around me I don't need to spend a lot of energy on it, lol. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m here. I churched. Couldn’t check in this morning because the boards wouldn’t let me sign in.😡

I was up at 5:00am baking bread for the Missions bake sale. I don’t really mind getting up early like that.

I had the same problem, it was very frustrating.

Ran over to the science center, fed the turtle, cleaned the cockroach cage, put a bunch of stuff away, set up school for the kids.  Now I'm sitting here procrastinating finalizing my plans for tomorrows classes.   I don't know why I just don't feel like doing it.  Maybe it's the weather - wet and gloomy - and I just have no motivation.  

Dd is taking a nap.  I hope she isn't coming down with something.   She had a long day yesterday too so maybe it's just that combined with the icky weather.

So, tomorrow starts the salads for lunch, waiting to eat, exercise more plan.  

• Like 5

PSA: Guillaume Calmettes and Greg Hamilton have started loop 3. It is suspected that Guillaume is going for a "fun run". John Kelly is in camp maybe resting up?  Jam Jam and about 7 others are on loop 2. They have until noon. One guy still on loop 1. 

There is snow on the mountains this morning after getting up to 80 degrees yesterday. 

They say the most common factor among finishers is having a doctoral degree of some kind.  One finisher was a scientist in Antarctica. 

PSA: In another shocking turn of events, John Kelly has tapped himself out after two loops. 

3 are on loop 3. 1 runner still lost on loop 1. 

PSA: Jam Jam is still in camp - we're waiting to see if he starts a third loop to go for a "fun run". 4 on the 3rd loop. 

Apparently the rain/sleet/snow has made it nearly impossible to run anywhere. 

Predictions are that The Barkley will win again this year, but lots of rooting for Guillaume. 

He's just run 2 marathons through the mountains in a rain storm, sleet, & snow in less than 24 hours. He is smiling. #jamjam

He just started loop 3!  5 on loop 3 now. 

Nope - 6 on loop 3!  Plenty of kitty pic tweets to soothe our spirits. 

Don't mind me. Just sitting here waiting for the kids Sunday School hour to finish. 

PSA: Alan Holtz, the last remaining runner of loop 1, has come in with a time of over 26 hours. Everyone is now accounted for. 

Cut-and-paste from ITT Text. 

9E82DC06-E7B0-4B27-9E64-F217F5C3C94D.jpeg(This is Jamil - JamJam)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi. We churches and Wal-Mart pickuped. I like the Wal-Mart pickup! Thanks Angi!

Church was a bust. The doctrinal statement on their website was polar opposite of their sermon. And no kids. We want kids. We've been the only kids for 8 years and we've been wanting more kids for several years.

14 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am releasing the bunnies. 

"Release... the bunnies." -Mr. Burns

31 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I need to get back to more restricted eating and exercise too.  

Yeah, I've been kind of awful since about 2 weeks before the move. I'm back to keto and have a workout plan for this week. It's all very boring.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I need to get back to more restricted eating and exercise too.  But swim is off next week for dd, so I'm not sure how much I'll hit the gym.  For eating, I like to eat earlier and eat for the last time in the mid/late afternoon.  8-4 or 9-5.  

My eating has been bad!! I am trying very hard to do low carb, but... it’s hard. And I don’t want to do it. But I keep gaining weight.

This whole thing sucks,

#isaidsucks

Well, this is a stupid Booya/h!! An I hate dieting Booya/h!!!

Edited by KrissiK
It’s a Booya/h, Baby!!!
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I was so close to a booya

I know. I think I broke your streak. But, I hear bad things happen to you if you get too many Booya/hs in a row. So, you really should be thanking me. I saved you from a fate worst than death.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

PSA: Belgian Karel Sabbe and Kiwi Greig Hamilton began loop 4 together with only 2 minutes to spare!

Guillaume Calmettes has finished loop 3 in 36:03:49 which gives him a Fun Run finish.  Well done!

The 3 remaining runners on loop 3 have 3-1/2 hours to qualify for a Fun Run.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

PSA: Belgian Karel Sabbe and Kiwi Greig Hamilton began loop 4 together with only 2 minutes to spare!

So it's 8:30 at night and they just started a 20-mile race on a wooded mountain?

Edited by Junie

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Guillaume Calmettes has finished loop 3 in 36:03:49 which gives him a Fun Run finish.  Well done!

The 3 remaining runners on loop 3 have 3-1/2 hours to qualify for a Fun Run.

For a minute I was confused. If you lose, they make you run it again????😂

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yep.  Though this is their 4th loop of what is actually closer to 26 miles.  They've been going since 9:23 yesterday morning.

"Why is she following the ongoings of a mental institution?" -man who wants to run the stupid thing

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

"Why is she following the ongoings of a mental institution?" -man who wants to run the stupid thing

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Yep, those Tennesseans really know how to have fun!!😂

We (including about 7000 cats who are also intently following the race) are rooting so hard for them!  Even one loop is a huge accomplishment.  

• Like 4

PSA: Greig Hamilton has dropped out of loop 4 and has been tapped out.  Well done, Greig!

We are down to 1 finish possibility.  We shall see.  Sabbe ran the equivalent of 2 marathons per day when he broke the AT speed record.  That's something.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3